BDMV Folders not recognized by Z9X

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by B0RN, Nov 16, 2022.

1. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

I have about 700 movies in BDMV folders and I have identified at least two that are not recognized or playable by Z9X in either the HT4.0 or the Media Center. When I click on the movie name in MC, it simply opens up the folder like any other secondary folder. HT app won't see em at all. It won't play the movie with PLAY Option, or show poster or anything, basically they are not recognized as BDMV folders or movies at all.

The two 4K movies I know doing this out of the 700 are:

1. They Live
    2. Terminator 2

There may be more but no sure way of finding these except going through my list of movies and make sure they are read by HT4.0. Any ideas or suggestions that I can try to get Zidoo to recognize these? thanks.

2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

My collection exists of ISO's only and reviews are done with either ISO or folder as they come.
    Never saw any that would not play without menu, but obviously multiple not playing with Menu.

B0RN and OlivierQC like this.
  3. AngryVirginian

AngryVirginian Active Member

Maybe they are missing folders or files. Post the folder & file structure of the BDMVs?

B0RN likes this.
  4. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

Curious, were they ripped by you or were they a download?

5. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

I can re-rip and make sure they are not missing anything but they were recognized by my OPPO 203 and played fine so it had me wondering if others might be seeing something similar. Thanks!

6. Nice Monkey

OPPO plays with Menu's always. With Zidoo it is a choice and playing with Menu won't work with some.

I am still getting the feeling you always try playback with Menu only?

Last edited: Nov 17, 2022
  7. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

Menu stuff aside, these two movies do not play in any shape or form. Hopefully over the weekend I can try copying files again and see if something is amiss. If all else fails, I may just convert these two to MKVs.

8. Nice Monkey

I have Terminator 2 myself but may be a different version?

9. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

I have the 4K disc BDMV folder... the waxy looking one lol, which do you have?

10. Nice Monkey

I have the 3-version disc (TC, EC, DC). Like it more that the 4K version.
    You need BD-Menu with that one to select the version.

11. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

Gotcha, the 4K just has one version but even if it had other versions, Z9X has no problem playing movies or menus of other movies.

12. KKKai

KKKai New Member

Hi
    Not sure
    If you can play them by Oppo in the past
    refer by unofficial Oppo forum >>watershade.net/wmcclain/UDP-203-faq.html#how-do-i-play-full-disc-blu-ray-and-uhd-backups"<<
    Oppo readable blu-ray (or UHD) full disk file structure probably in
    My Movie / AVCHD / BDMV (and other folders...)

But In zidoo, It shoud be in
    My Movie / BDMV (and other folders...)

No "AVCHD"

You need to change the file folder structure in order to allow Zidoo to recognize

Last edited: Nov 21, 2022
  13. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

Yeah I learned that one very quickly, no AVCHD will be recognized. PS, oddly Terminator 2 just needed renaming and it started working as content inside the folder were fully intact.

However, I am starting to think my 18TB drive has bigger issues on hand due to the combo of it not liking the Z9X and vice versa. Every time I plug the drive back into the computer (not Samba access) it says it has errors that need fixing. To make matters much worse, it seems to delete and/or not carry over movies over the network correctly. Point in case, They Live wasn't working and after checking the folder, the stuff inside had been deleted while few weeks ago it was working fine on the OPPO. Same thing happened to one of the Transformer movies, that one even played fine on Z9X until a few days ago and the stuff inside was deleted.

Also, in addition to deleting stuff, Z9X samba folder will say I don't have enough space on the drive when moving something or simply trying to rename things. This is with 300 some GBs left on the drive still. And when connected to Z9X, it keeps creating a Recycle Bin folder on the drive and deleting stuff on there. So things are much worse than expected initially.

I may have to suck it up and buy another Drive to be able to make the 18TB one less than 17.5TB like @Nice Monkey suggested a while back in the hopes of non-stop grinding of the drive and hopefully fixing these random delete issues. After I re-ripped all three movies they all play fine (for now).

14. Nice Monkey

Using 18 TByte+ drives via SATA is very doubtful for me. Wrote it already on several places. Re-formating to a slightly reduced 17.5 TByte solved those issues in all cases seen and guided by me. The why? Using 32-bit sector fields counters overrun/wrap at that limit. As easy as that. Using USB housings this is done by the USB/ATA bridge and may potentially work using 64-bit counter alternatives. Old(er) units may not work here neither.

Warned and asked for verification at Zidoo but no comments/reactions received thus far.

B0RN likes this.
  15. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

You bet, Its always on top of mind, I just haven't done the Trimming because 18TBs is a lot of data to move around and I may or may not be switching to a NAS setup so waiting for some good black Friday deals to pop up and make my decision then.

PS, do you think the Z9X might have the same/similar issues on an 18TB SSD on a NAS? If so, I might play it safe and move to no more than 16TB SSDs when purchasing the NAS and space. Otherwise I was thinking of getting some 20TB ones and go nuts lol but Sh*** expensive though haha

16. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Wow! How much would a 16 or 18tb SSD cost? I'm thinking of upgrading one of my 8tb HDD's soon

17. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

An 18TB HDD is $300, which while not bad will add up fast if I make a full switch to NAS with already 48TB under the belt and not to mention if you do a RAID of one drive failsafe, that's 18TB ($300) that's not counting toward anything. Maybe I will stick to 16TB ones regardless.

Side note, make sure your RAID supports random sizes cuz if they are under something like a RAID 5, you will not able to simply swap an 8TB with a 18TB one because of the size mismatch - you'll have to be under an SHR or the like to be able to do that.

18. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

@B0RN - THANKS. Much cheaper than I suspected it would be. I have RAID setups in my NAS's but the SSD would be a single one to replace the 8tb internal one in my Z1000 Pro

19. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

Not to confuse, I think you are referring to an SSD drive, which I don't think they even have those that come in 18TBytes - if so, might be super expensive. I was talking about the 3.5 inch HDDs that come at this price so pls be sure to double check on Amazon etc.

20. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Glad you cleared that up - it was your above comment that I picked up on. Yes I will stick with a 16tb HDD when prices fall a bit

B0RN likes this.