Proposal BD-J Menu is not working. I bought Zidoo X9S because of BD-J as promised in specifications.

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by Vageesan Sivananthan, May 7, 2018.

1. Hi, the descriptions says that this Zidoo X9S can play BD-J Full Menu but i tried and its not working. Even i tried both iso and bdmv. Normal menus can but not the BD-J Menu.

2. burton

burton Member

in my case some play and others not, for example alien ,aliens, ghostbusters and men in black II do not play at all but a lot others play.....

3. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

upgrade the firmware to 2.0.15

4. Will try and see..

5. Particularly im talking about Dolby Atmos Demo Disc

Last edited: May 8, 2018
  6. I have tried upgrading the firmware but still the same. Can't play BD-J Java Menu.

Last edited: May 8, 2018
  7. Oppo udp-203 can play the BD-J Java menu with both BD ISO and BDMV files. Hope zidoo can find a solution for this problem.

8. I felt Zidoo X9S is outstanding compare to other TV Box because of BD-J Java menu support and that's the reason i bought it but Zidoo unable to play BD-J Java Menu.

9. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

can you provide a link to this so called demo disk ?

10. ton_dahlia

ton_dahlia Member

Yes it is,

BD Menu of many demo disc like Dolby atmos demostration disc , DTS:X demostration and Disney wow disc are not working on 2.0.15 beta

Some files above can play previous FW but not working on latest 2.0.15

Also with many BD menu on some title like Men in black III is never working with all released FW.

Hope to be inprove in the next FW.

11. Last edited: May 18, 2018
  12. Yes i hope they will come out with a fix in upcoming FW. Other thn that Zidoo X9S is an Amazing Android TV Box.

13. gadgetman

gadgetman Active Member

i have been banging on about this for a long-time. not just the above demo disc menu's, all the alien movies just show a black screen with music playing in background.

edit: another disc die hard 4k no menu support, seems the case for all releases from 20th century fox.

Last edited: May 21, 2018
  14. burton

burton Member

not for all 20th century fox releases.most of them play but the film has to be in iso, and sometimes you need to press next chapter when the century logo apperas inorder to continue.alien movies do not play to me as well.Also wall street 2.also some sony movies like mib2 and ghostbusters(the old one).maybe the zidoo team could fix the 20th cenutry fox nad sony movies problem

15. Actually it's very simple. You can only play the Blu-Ray Menu when there is no (BDJO) file inside the folder because (BDJO) is Blu-Ray Java Menu file.

16. burton

burton Member

Actually no.I have many movies with bdjo file in them and they play fine eg james bond movies,conan the barbarian etc.

17. Oh okay. Maybe i missed something. Anyway thank you brother. Hopefully they can fix this.

18. ton_dahlia

ton_dahlia Member

I'll try to test with latest firmware or anyone have tested it ? please share the result

19. Still haven't test with the new FW.

20. ton_dahlia

ton_dahlia Member

I've just tested it with new FW,

I'm not surprised,the issue still happen !

@mirror would you please check and give us the solution , it's not the new request from us , it was working before 2.0.15 , pleaseeeeee