Audio Cracking static noise (Square like signal) when pause DTS-HD source

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by Zappasian, Mar 21, 2019.

1. Zappasian

Zappasian New Member

Hi

Zidoo X9S V2.1.22, Pioneer receiver VSX-921-K

Source : Any DTS-HD files. Audio over HDMI Passthrough

There is a Audio Cracking static noise (Square like signal) when I pause the playback
    Only with DTS-HD source
    There is no problem If I use the LPCM 2 ch downmix from the X9S or other files with a different audio code.

What I think is that when going into pause, the stream is cut and there is a lost of sync and my receiver go wild.

2. Hector

Hector New Member

I have a similar problem, though is sometimes static crackling noise and sometimes more high pitch sound....I have a Z9S with latest firmware, so you may want to check the FW version....in my instance someone on the Facebook Zidoo page (user?) recommended that I try a factory reset, which I am almost willing to try since can't get it fixed....Pls., let me know if you found a work around..or fix...

3. Hector

Hector New Member

4. Appie72

Appie72 New Member

I have the same issue on a Zidoo X9S with V2.1.22, Also sometimes after pausing I can't resume playback at all, I get the message "could not play video". After a reboot everything is fine again. Thinking about a factory reset and see if it solves the problem because I didn't have these issues before on V2.1.22,

5. Hector

Hector New Member

I have the Z9S, did the factory reset but did not correct the audio problem...when I have the problem I pause or rewind or ff and them play and it resumes with good audio....sometimes the rewind or ff won't actually rewind nor ff the movie and I have to use the arrows on the central button of the remote...

I don't know if this is a widespread issue or just a few but I have not seen any comments on my thread so I guess is not a widespread problem...

I will contact Zidoo to see what they say....

6. Zappasian

Zappasian New Member

Update:
    I have the same problem with a old Media Player PBO so it is my Pioneer VSX-921-K (8 year's old) receiver that is faulty.

7. Hector

Hector New Member

I have an Onkyo TX-NR809 2013? maybe..it works out with my bluray player so I think its a problem with the Zidoo...If I pause or rewind again the static sound goes but then if I use the center arrows to rewind or ff it comes back and have to pause and play to have it go away....

8. Zappasian

Zappasian New Member

Update :

I updated to 2.1.25 and the crackling poping sound are gone. Is there something fixed in regards of this problem or it is just a hazard ?

9. Michael Thong

Michael Thong New Member

Any solutions for this moment?