Apps do not auto start on reboot

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X7' started by Pete Banham, Sep 7, 2017.

1. Pete Banham

Pete Banham New Member

Hi, Just received my new X7 box today and have got it all set up however I have a problem in that apps that are configured to Auto start on reboot to not auto start. In the UI I have found the option to auto start an app but it only lets you choose one not multiple ones. The 2 apps I need to start are a VPN one (to auto connect) and the rm Tasker app for Alexa device control. Both these apps have their own setting to auto start and work fine on my other Android devices but on this box neither starts unless I tell it to in the UI and then I can only get one to start.. Anyone got any idea please? I guess I could find a utility in the play store to run other apps and then auto run that one with the UI setting but is seems a bit of a faff and it also means that the app starts up running in the foreground and not the background so the box doesn't boot to the home screen. Any advice welcome please.
    Thanks

2. bob

bob Active Member Zidoo TECH Supporter

I am sorry. Currently only supports one application since startup.
    Because we think there will be only one application in the top
    thanks

3. Pete Banham

Pete Banham New Member

Many thanks for the reply. I can see why the UI would only allow one app to start but is there a reason that if an app is set to auto start itself or a service on reboot that it does work either? Both the rm plugin and the VPN app have this setting which works on all my other android devices independently of the UI but not on this device?
    Thanks

4. bob

bob Active Member Zidoo TECH Supporter

an app is set to auto start itself or a service on reboot that it does work either
    Yes,it can.
    x7 is supported.
    thanks

5. Pete Banham

Pete Banham New Member

Hi thanks, I a a special setting I need to tune on on the X7 for this to work please as it doesn't work on either of the apps I have tried. The two I have tried "RM Plugin" and the Purevpn app and neither work on the X7 but do on my other devices? Thanks

6. Median

Median New Member

Hi Pete, you have Tasker running? I have tried this but the menu button (three horizontal dots) and other buttons in the header are not displayed making it unusable. Do you get the same, did you do anything to resolve? Sorry I can't help with your auto-start issue, sounds like that is going to be a problem for me as well.

7. Pete Banham

Pete Banham New Member

Hi, I am not using tasker to auto start the apps I am using an app call "Auto Start And Stay!" it is a work around but does the job. I never did get my VPN to autoconnect like it does on all my other Android devices though...

8. Median

Median New Member

Hi Pete, You said "In the UI I have found the option to auto start an app". Could you tell me where this is? Thanks, Ian.

9. Pete Banham

Pete Banham New Member

On the App page if you highlight an App and bring up the menu (right click) then you can select "Launch on Startup" and a dot will show on the App. You can only have one launch though which is a shame