Apple music Dolby Atmos

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Marat1980, Jun 22, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Marat1980

Marat1980 New Member

Apple music is now supports Lossless audio and Dolby Atmos Music. It is on new beta version. However even if zidoo z9x supports Dolby atmos, I could not get it to run Dolby Atmos. Dolby Atmos switch in Apple music settings is not available when installed on Zidoo. Is there any way to get Dolby Atmos on Zidoo. Some Android phones have it.

2. vibs

vibs New Member

I do not get Atmos on Z9X... Is there any workaround?

3. techondecks

techondecks New Member

I'm trying to get this working also. No luck. Is there a way to even get a Atmos music file to play off the Z9x?

4. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

I don't know how Apple handles Atmos and if this can be extracted, but I know that the "Dolby TrueHD + Atmos" elementary stream can be muxed in matroska audio container *.mka. However IIRC and things haven't changed, Zidoo doesn't support this.

You can try to mux it as *.mkv without video and see if it will play okay.

5. muha

muha Active Member

Just put it in wav container.

6. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

Wouldn't you lose Atmos data if you do so?

7. muha

muha Active Member

Nop. Don't change codec. Use Shana encoder and just copy stream. Will be done in second.
    You can edit tags later using Mp3Tag.

dr4go likes this.
  8. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

Don't know what I'm doing wrong, I can't get Shana to do this. Do you know if Shana would need some specific "Atmos Music" format to work with?
    If this were to be possible with a piece of TrueHD+Atmos - as used in movies - a short step-by-step instruction would be welcome.

9. techondecks

techondecks New Member

So I played .MP4 Atmos music file found ripped from Tidal via reddit and ithe Zidoo recognize it as Atmos. However, any other format it just decodes it as Stereo.

10. muha

muha Active Member

Basically .wave is Windows container file for audio, it has header that tells windows what type of audio stream is inside. It is not codec. I have my dts and ac3 music in wav so I could use it with old WD Media Player.
    shana.jpg
    You just throw whatever file format you have, and in quick settings set file format wav, video code none and for audio just copy.

11. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

I did exactly as you said. Tried 3 times with the TrueHD+Atmos stream demuxed from the Atmos jungle trailer. One time with elementary stream, second time muxed in *.mka and thirdly muxed in *.mkv. Three times I got "Error" shown in Status colomn. Output.wavs were 1kB in size. Not good.

Now I remembered a certain issue with a runtime discrepancy of a dts stream in wav (this is eras ago; mammoths still roamed the earth).
    Anyways, I tried the same in Shana with an E-AC3 with JOC stream. This seemingly worked. Both in output as wav and as mp4, BTW. I yet have to try & see how the Z9X handles these results though.
    Maybe TrueHD+Atmos is just incompatible for use in wav wrapper.

12. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

BTW a quick & dirty test shows that also TrueHD without Atmos doesn't work.
    I think the wav wrapper has problems with the two types of frames that TrueHD uses.

13. muha

muha Active Member

I read little bit and it looks like it is not compatible with mp4 nor wav. Also it has very specific header so it is pointless to convert it any other multichannel lossless stream since data is not transferred. I would recommend keeping these files with video stream in mkv.

14. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

[hope]I wish Zidoo would add support for mka instead. As it shares the same construct as mkv, it shouldn't be too difficult, my guess.[/hope]