Any idea when the next update is?

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Nicholas Hewitt, Jun 2, 2021.

1. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

I wasn't too happy about the last update and the fact they've left it like this for over a month. They're too busy trying to add new features instead of fixing stuff that has been broken since last year when it launched. Some stuff is so broken I can't even enjoy a movie without getting green flickering 4 or 5 times a movie. Not to mention not being able to use TVDB cause it's messed since they added the new scrapper. Leaving it in this state for over a month is not cool!

2. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Don't put pressure on Zidoo and let them take their time to offer an excellent FW

3. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Everyone has different needs, it is difficult to have a perfect product. When a person can't get what he wants and put more pressure on ZIDOO on the Internet, we have to respond. It's going to distract of us.

Software development is an alternating process, so is competition.
    I don't understand what you said about TVDB? As for tvmaze, You can choose not to use it

xskip, Mariusz and DennisTheMenace like this.
  4. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

I tried tvmaze on my side and it works pretty well but I rename my tv shows as shown on my "posterwall" thread

5. Nicholas Hewitt

I can not use any scraper except TMDB. cause If i try to use TVDB. I get blank images when I try to change the poster or background image. I've tried a factory reset, and the problem remains.

6. mirror

7. Nicholas Hewitt

8. Nicholas Hewitt

Mariusz likes this.
  9. Nicholas Hewitt

ok now it's marking every season as season 0. So I'm using the outer limits 1995 as an example every first episode of every season is Origins of the outer limits instead of Sandkings. Seems other shows I try are working though.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2021
  10. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

@mirror I totally agree with you and you know by now that I am almost totally happy with my Z1000 Pro, except for one matter which surely must concern a lot of other users and those who own Z9x and Z10 models too. It relates to this thread by @Nice Monkey : -

http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...problems-fw-v6-3-2-no-feature-requests.84836/ and in particular items 3. and 3.a :-

3. Music Player problems with mainly HD FLAC sources being 24-bit (88.2, 96, 176.8, 192)
    This with output set to play source formats up to 24-bit at 192 kHz and HDMI/SPDIF output set to RAW.
    MP runs into CPU limitations relative quick. Must be the way drivers are programmed. I can simulate this by doing a Filetransfer via SMB in the background. Also simple FLAC playback via the DAC may then show mentioned sound problems. Video Player seems to use far less resources as it plays fine even with SMB transfers in the background.

3a. DSD => PCM conversion with HDMI output is still 16-bit instead of 24-bit.
    Not being part of the problem reported it is excluded but considered a related flaw.
    DSD 64 outputs as PCM 176/16 bit via HDMI
    DSD 128 outputs as PCM 88/16 bit via HDMI
    DSD 256 outputs at PCM 44/16 bit via HDMI

Early on in that thread you said the following: -

You did not mention 3. and 3.a

The original thread including these Audio issues were reported on 1st January - 5 months ago, since when you have released quite a number of firmwares, none of which have addressed these problems. And you have not provided any update, as far as I can see.

Please could you report on what is happening and when solutions will be fed into new firmwares?

Thanks

Mentor27 likes this.
  11. mirror

DSD MCH D2P via HDMI developing

Юрий Гандев likes this.
  12. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

@mirror Thanks but that's not what I'm asking about. Please could you address matters 3. and 3a please?

13. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Great news! Will be fantastic. :D

Most current HT AMP's do support DSD well so why converting DSD then to PCM? Will remove it from my list when working via DSD marked as "a better alternative became available". ;)

Last edited: Jun 4, 2021
  14. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

In the nicest possible way @Nice Monkey , I wasn't asking you, I was asking @mirror . But trust you to "water-down" what I was asking. So I am asking again, what is happening regarding 3.a please?

15. leonkoum

leonkoum Active Member Beta test group

Let's hope tomorrow....

16. Nicholas Hewitt

@mirror The new version of poster wall that you posted. I think v4.0.69 still has TVDB messed up. It shows Every episode of every Season as The Specials episodes. The specials are usually commentary and behind the scenes. So S01E01 is showing S00E01 instead. The Big Bang Theory is one example. It shows episode 1 as unaired pilot which is actually S00E01

17. mirror

tvdb.jpg

18. Nicholas Hewitt

Yes I know it's fine on the website but Through posterwall it is wrong. Maybe you didn't read my post properly.

19. mirror

Where?
    tvdb1.jpg

20. Nicholas Hewitt

I don't know why you're posting a pic of TVDB implying that maybe I'm stupid or don't know what I'm talking about but here is a pic...... I'm pretty sure season 1 episode 2 is not called Access all Areas.......

Attached Files: