All you need to know about RTD1619BPD and RTD1619DR based players

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Nice Monkey, Aug 17, 2020.

1. mojojojo

mojojojo New Member

I was going to buy it from their AliExpress store as well - it's their actual store, there's a link to it from zidoo.tv - and it was the lowest price I could find. In the end, I decided to buy from https://www.futeko.com/products/MP107.php; lost of people do as well since they ship to US/Canada with delivery in 2 days! AliExpress would have been a 30 day wait. Even with customs and taxes, the price difference between Ali and Futeko was neglible. Well worth it.

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Keep going to the bottom:

Screenshot_20211117-222945.png

3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

The service from Futeko has always be exemplary.

blenky likes this.
  4. HiSalt

HiSalt Member

I live in Australia and the only Australian site is $400 but Aliexpress is $311, that's for the Z9X

5. mojojojo

mojojojo New Member

Click the little planet icon on the top right of their website. Will take you to this link: https://www.futeko.com/products/MP107.php?region=row 178 British pounds for the rest of the world, or 202 British pounds (371 Aussy money) for express shipping. Significant difference. From what I know of shipping times, it still somehow takes a month to deliver an item from China to Australia, if you're willing to wait, I'd wait.

6. HiSalt

HiSalt Member

Which website, Aliexpress?

7. HiSalt

HiSalt Member

All good, I worked out what you meant

8. Snoopy8

Snoopy8 New Member

9. Amused

Amused New Member

Found it, thanks. Unfortunately a reset did nothing. I will have to check the connector.

10. HiSalt

HiSalt Member

Thanks, not too far off Aliexpress price, not too fussed about how long it takes to get here, will wait for black Friday and see if any better deals, probs not though

11. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Agreed - it's where I bought my Zidoo from.

12. HiSalt

HiSalt Member

Is there much difference in picture quality between a UHD 4k DV bluray disc played in a Panasonic UB820 and that same disc that's been ripped with no compression played in a Zidoo?

13. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Any lossless rip for movies or music as the name says will produce exactly the same picture. You will be missing all the extra's only. Many prefer that, I am an exception and go always for the real thing.

14. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

I would second that. I bought my Z9X from them. Shortly after buying it I somehow managed to brick the device trying to revert to an earlier firmware - I think the earlier firmware was the issue. Futeko replaced it straight away - no problem.

15. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Me too but I am more interested in learning if the PQ is better, the same or worse on the Zidoo than from a Panasonic UB820, which was the question

16. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Blimey, still a bit early for you? I've already seconded lol! But whilst I have had no issues with my Zidoo it is good to hear about their positive aftersales service

17. HiSalt

HiSalt Member

Sweet, good to know.

18. mojojojo

mojojojo New Member

Put the item in your cart from now and wait. In a week you will get a discount code for it from AliExpress. Black friday might be better pricing, but at least you'll get a discount never the less.

dr4go likes this.
  19. HiSalt

HiSalt Member

Yeh I have one in there now, I'll just leave it there and wait

20. Snoopy8

Snoopy8 New Member

I have the Pana UB9000 (same video processor as the UB820) and it has sightly more detail than the Zidoo UHD3000 for both 4 K and normal BD. Unless you are very particular, the Zidoo does an excellent job of movies.