All you need to know about RTD1619BPD and RTD1619DR based players

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Nice Monkey, Aug 17, 2020.

1. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Good question. They never bother to tell me. I expect the Music player to get a real boost, but it is an educated guess. This and streaming services are the areas for expansion.
    Obviously next to working on bug fixes and stability which we are seeing already.

Additional APP's is the direction to go for in my view as the current ones are getting very complex already.

Last edited: May 5, 2021
    B1gD4ddy likes this.
  2. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

Not really having kept track on the Music Player development for a while, can you tell if there is a way now to read the tags & vorbis comments on music-files?
    And preferably, a fast way to import shares into the libraries while using these tags only for metadata?

3. Nice Monkey

Thus far focus is more on core player functionality not the Library and Display: Gapless playback, 24-bit PCM playback, USB DAC Audio output etc. Not small things and neither easy items. Missing still SACD MCH, SACD DSD via HDMI and DVD-Audio which may or may not come?

Only a good basis can make an excellent Music Player. I do agree with that approach honestly, but I know for many the looks and library features are very important. Personally I would prefer them to quickly enable Emby Client as it already does an excellent job there.

The Music Player reads MP3/FLAC tags and displays embedded cover art. Never use Vorbis files as I always standardize on the most popular formats. Don't use Library at all just Media Center to select one of my albums organized my way.

4. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

It would be nice if several manners of usage would be implemented indeed.
    All the bells, whistles & eyecandy for those who can't do without and just proper info for other kind of people. And evrything inbetween.
    I still find it ridiculous that with a nowadays player you can't sort/search by homebrew metadata that's been baked in. Which took quite some time and effort to achieve, I might add.
    Still hoping for the best to come.

[EDIT] Just reading it now.
    Actually, FLAC tags are Vorbis comments: https://xiph.org/flac/faq.html#general__tagging

Would you care to tell how you know that the player reads the tags actually? Can embedded metadata be read somewhere in Music Player? If so, I missed that blindly.

5. B1gD4ddy

B1gD4ddy New Member

will the zidoos get support for av1 and h266?

6. Nice Monkey

Maybe the next generation? The current SOC doesn't include support for it.

B1gD4ddy likes this.
  7. Danko

Danko New Member

Hello everyone, I've been reading you for a long time because I can't quite convince myself to buy a player for the double-layer DV theme that apparently is only read by Chinoppo, but that fails on the subject of covers and expensive even the one without a hard drive bay. (Dune is basically the same as Zidoo but more expensive)

And that's why I keep using the networked computer as a player. Do you recommend buying a Zidoo or waiting? (I'm not in a rush) Yeah, I guess waiting would be until next year. And in case you think it is worth it, which one would you buy? Since I'll only be using it for movies, I guess the best options are the Z9X and Z10 Pro.

Thanks.

8. Nice Monkey

The Zidoo supports DV in the same way as an OPPO player does. Have both so I am very sure and hardly use my OPPO at all.
    Functionally for movies all models do the same but the chassis is very different and so are the ports included. It is all about what appeals to you most.

9. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

The Zidoos don't support the video essence of the enhancement layer (no second HEVC decoder) so can't reconstitute the 12-bit Dolby Vision stream for FEL content in the same way the Oppo (and any other UHD BluRay players) can.

gymnos likes this.
  10. Danko

Danko New Member

Exactly. That is why I have not bought a Zidoo yet, which for price seems to me the best option. Of course, I do not think that a Chinoppo will compensate at the expense of the limitations of a multimedia that has already been on the market for a few years (covers, much more expensive ...) But having an Oled, buy a Zidoo and that in a few months they can get another model that can read double-layer DV .... That's why I'm still waiting to see if they release a new model or if any of the current Zidoo can read it with some firmware modification.

The ports I do not care, I will only use an HDMI and a coaxial.

11. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Arguably, subjectively, it doesn't really matter that much - as far as MEL presentations go, the output is exactly the same as any UHD player and even with FEL, as long as the disc is mastered correctly (some aren't) then you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference between the 12-bit and 10-bit version, particularly since all displays are currently 10-bit anyway!

There should be no artistic differences between the 10-bit and 12-bit encodes, simply that one has a higher bit depth - and ok, I know people will argue about banding this and luminance steps that, blah blah blah, but there's no reason for any 10-bit encode, presented in 10-bits, to exhibit any perceptible issues at all - and it all comes from the same 12-bit Dolby Master at the end of the day.

My advice is get a Z9X and enjoy it and if something else comes along in a year or two, get that and enjoy that too.

gymnos, zarathoestra and 3DBuff like this.
  12. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Hello,

A person who has the Chinoppo and the Z1000 PRO on avforum said he didn't see any difference between the two, if there is a difference it must be really small and not very noticeable with our eyes I guess

gymnos likes this.
  13. Danko

Danko New Member

That is the issue, which I am convinced that I would not notice a difference. But I'm not going to change multimedia and it will last me many years, that's why I wanted one that at least the day you buy it you can read everything.

I had also read about avforum (Well I know that I read it, not if it was in that forum or in another) but since so many things are read, of course, each opinion is different. And having the computer on the network ... I'm not going to have an improvement with multimedia either, well, not having to turn on the computer, which is no small thing.

In the end I will surely end up buying it, I was already tempted to do it this weekend. I imagine the Z10 pro if only for having a hard drive bay. Although I do not care, since I have to buy the hard drive anyway. The Z1000 pro is already too much when I'm not going to use it with music.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2021
  14. kfpanda

kfpanda Member

ive seen different reportings that oppo based players have difference picture quality to zidoo(then, dont know abt now). some argued 12 bit provides more data for the tone map to work with and the difference can be seen in challenging color gradient scenes (dv vs hdr in general). also, some say oppo based players have better sound than other android boxes.

15. Nice Monkey

Differences are marginal but I look at running movies not taking pictures, test patterns or frozen images to compare with a magnifying glass.

Sound can be different only with the accuracy of the clock circuitry and PSU stability as it is digital RAW via HDMI. The clock of OPPO is likely more accurate than that of a RTD1619DR SOC.
    You can use an analog PSU or very oversized PSU with a Zidoo too as I do. An UHD3000 sounds better than analog output on an OPPO UHD205.

gymnos and Mabon like this.
  16. kfpanda

kfpanda Member

regarding sound. i know u have a lot of knowledge and experience and i trust your opinion on this. in fact, the most common enhancement modification on the oppo clone involve upgrading the clock crystal and psu.

that said, i consistently see comments in local forum that praise the sound quality of the oppo clones and this is consistent w my own experience. As a dumb user, i just compare what i paid n get i get in return and in my case, stock z9s vs m7702. i could immediately tell the latter has more detailed treble but since the z9s has to go through an audio extractor, that might have an effect on the sound quality. still, for those who only has mediocre sound system, probably wouldnt be able to tell the difference anyway.

17. Nice Monkey

In fact I own a M9203 clone (with linear PSU) and a real OPPO-UHD203 which I got a bit later. These sound the same using HDMI via my Onkyo TX-RZ720 as the AMP. Moved from an Onkyo TX-NR609 to that Onkyo TX-RZ720 which was a good move as it really sounds better.

Using an Audio Extractor is definitely not improving the HDMI clock stability which is not trivial. I don't know exactly why but like the sound of my Dune Real Vision 4K a bit more than that of my Zidoo Z9X both using the same RTD1619DR SOC. I think it is the music player part/drivers but could be also the crystal used? I suspect the crystal isn't actually part of the Realtek SOC and varies with the mainboard?

I hope Zidoo is so wise to at least equip the coming Zidoo S1 with Dual HDMI outputs which is essential for setups like yours using that Pioneer LX82.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2021
  18. B1gD4ddy

B1gD4ddy New Member

good morning guys.

only neo x states 11.1 and auro.
    means the current lineup doesn't support auro? and 11.1? although same soc?

does the current lineup support av1 / will get it via update?

19. Nice Monkey

Neo X probably supports AURO 11.1 if stated so. Where did you find this?
    Current models? Don't have an AMP for it and very few discs include it.

AV1 needs a SOC supporting it so the answer is no.

B1gD4ddy likes this.
  20. B1gD4ddy

B1gD4ddy New Member

on the neo x product page