All you need to know about RTD1619BPD and RTD1619DR based players

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Nice Monkey, Aug 17, 2020.

1. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Never used it myself but others reported it to work. Anybody having suggestions?

2. Nice Monkey

Using the VS10 engine is a matter of personal taste. Never use it myself for anything. HDR is on AUTO with me.

This topic:
    http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...rs-includes-unbrick.82695/page-23#post-150825
    Is far more informative on DV, HDR and VS10 questions.

3. kfpanda

kfpanda Member

i found the subtitle brightness from iso/bdmv relatively bearable when compared to mkvs, despite zidoo provides different shades/colors for subtitles (srt). i previously posted an enhancement request for more subtitle shades. think i saw something related to this in the latest z9x fw release note.

4. kfpanda

kfpanda Member

i suppose one way to chk is to see if there is any light coming out from the optical o/p, possibily.

5. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

According to the type of subtitle, different settings are possible. For now (latest FW 6.2.5) these are the options for PGS and srt:

PGS - you only can set Position (vertically) and Brightness.

Srt - you can set Offset (vertical position), Size, Offset (timing), Text Encoding and Color. Next to several colors, the latter also offers several shades of grey.
    Additionally, but only for external srt, you can set Line Space and Font.

You can't adjust opacity for subs. At least, not with the Z9X. Opacity settings for PGS should be set during authoring.

Note that PGS streams for HDR (and up) are generally authored significantly darker than for SDR.

Also mind that there is a possibility to use the onboard Dolby VS10 engine for HDR playback. During which not only brightness, but also the colors of well-authored PGS streams can be heavily screwed up. This is an issue Zidoo still has to address.

6. bodyzen

bodyzen Member

Yes, the red light is coming out from the optical.....

7. B1gD4ddy

B1gD4ddy New Member

hey guys,

i've read in an other forum that from the 3 layers fel dolby vision consists of (bl, el, rpu), the zidoos only decode bl and rpu but not el which leads in some cases to unwanted effects like grey instead of white text or worse picture quality etc.

if that's true, what it seems to be, then please fix that zidoo!!!

Last edited: Apr 28, 2021
  8. DennisTheMenace

DennisTheMenace Active Member

It's not possible to fix this, because of hardware limitations (2 video decoders are needed) of the
    rtd 1619dr chip

B1gD4ddy likes this.
  9. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Also, the issue you are referring was either a mistake or a poor artistic choice in the end credit sequence for Power Rangers.

The APL for both the Dolby Vision and HDR10 grade should not greatly differ - the Dolby Vision and HDR10 encodes are simply the 12-bit and 10-bit versions respectively of the same grade, but in this case the majority of the luminance information for just the end credits is present in the FEL. No-one in their right mind would do this on purpose so I assume it to be a mistake.

B1gD4ddy and xskip like this.
  10. B1gD4ddy

B1gD4ddy New Member

what about the lldv and tv led switch in the menu?
    does it really work?
    i'm asking because tv led is completely missing from the product pages while lldv is heavily advertised there.

11. Nice Monkey

Both work. LLDV is newer and therefore more highlighted probably?

B1gD4ddy likes this.
  12. Henk Peters

Henk Peters New Member

''Model Z10 Pro
    - The color changed, the striping was deleted and the Zidoo logo on the front Raised / 3D look.
    - The PSU was reduced regarding size to 12V 2A (was 3A) which will now just do with one SATA HDD connected.
    - The Flash was increased to 32 GByte
    There is no spare power left specifically if USB ports are fully loaded too or a second SATA HDD is connected (don't try a hot HDD swap under those conditions). I highly recommend to replace the PSU with a 12V 4A (earthed) unit when using this model with 2x SATA HDD"s.
    Other specifications remained identical: HDD Slot, big Front Display and a Fan.''

I just bought a Z10 Pro. So far, very contend with it!
    I have one internal HDD connected, but i am a bit confused about the power supply now.

If i connect a second External HDD via USB. Will it have sufficient power, or is a new PSU/ HDD with additional power-supply recommended?

13. B1gD4ddy

B1gD4ddy New Member

lldv is not "more" highlighted.
    tv led is missing entirely from the product pages, although every enthusiast wants it.
    so i suggest zidoo should add this.
    :)

14. Nice Monkey

It will work but run constantly at a (very) high load. If a HDD swap then still works with it? If that second external HDD is a 3.5 inch with its own power then it causes no additional PSU load. If it is a 2.5 inch then you really run on high utilization but that will work also.

Using also the external SATA is more of a question as that rates a real peak utilization constantly, which I would never even try myself.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2021
  15. Henk Peters

Henk Peters New Member

Thanks! will use one with an additional power supply then.

16. kfpanda

kfpanda Member

i suppose if it supports dv, it automatically means tv led. not every player supports lldv, hence its highlighted, perhaps?

B1gD4ddy likes this.
  17. Nice Monkey

Update the Black GUI chapter with FW 6.3.0 update bringing it now on par regarding functionality with the standard GUI. :)
    I expect the nuissances coming with it to be solved again with a next update.

18. B1gD4ddy

B1gD4ddy New Member

how is it with netflix and prime video and youtube?
    do they fully work?
    4k, hdr10, dolby vision?

19. Nice Monkey

1) Streaming services: partially in SD and or 2CH only. Any recent Smart TV (best Android TV) will do a better job.
    2) 4K/HDR: yes all
    Reading the post gives all the details. Too much to read? :D

Last edited: May 2, 2021
    B1gD4ddy likes this.
  20. B1gD4ddy

B1gD4ddy New Member

somehow missed the third post.
    ---
    btw what's currently in the works?
    what changes and features can we expect in the next firmware updates?