All you need to know about RTD1619BPD and RTD1619DR based players

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Nice Monkey, Aug 17, 2020.

1. Hdkeith

Hdkeith New Member

I may try that. And yea I meant .nfo files, I have embedded metadata and then Emby uses that to create the .nfo files, but it looks like Zidoo may not have liked those. Going to play around today as I have a spare Shield I can experiment with as well.

2. Pretzel Man

Pretzel Man New Member

I also have a lot of SACD rips. Many include both a stereo track and multi-Channel audio track. Initially, I was very pleased that the multi channel tracks played on my new Z1000.

I then looked closer. The multi channel tracks downsampled to 44/16. Kodi with the shield play the exact same file as 176/24.

This is a DSF file... For previous testing, I converted the DSF files to FLAC (six channel 96/24). My Z1000 did not like the FLAC file. It played a lot of static and eventually stopped. It did the same thing on two different receivers.

Kodi and the shield played all the files properly.

I have only had the unit for a couple of days. I set audio to RAW. I have more learning and testing to do, but I had hoped the Z1000 would work as well as Kodi and Shield.

3. Hippoponderous

Hippoponderous Active Member

I've had the same issue with high-res multichannel Flac's, too (it's been a few firmware's since I last tested). Only Multichannel, though. High-res stereo Flac's are fine.
    My Pink Floyd DSotM 7.1 channel 24/192 Flac rip was nails-down-the-chalkboard unplayable. However, when converted down to 24/48, I had no issue.
    Also, converting to 24/192 WAV/PCM presents no issue, other than a file size more than double that of Flac.

4. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

176.4Khz will be supported in the next release...

dr4go likes this.
  5. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

@Markswift2003 - yes I heard this - keen to get this higher resolution. I've just got a new Sub and doing a lot of testing. Before installing ZDMC, do you know if this is any good for music? I know you use Linn Kazoo but wondered if you have an opinion?

And any ideas when the next firmware will be rolled out?

6. Pretzel Man

Pretzel Man New Member

I did not try WAV... As mentioned, when I first ripped, I kept DSF, WAV, and FLAC versions for testing. I didn't know how Plex or Kodi would handle things and each type presented a different issue.

@Markswift2003 told me on another forum about the support for 176.4Khz. That is helpful. I think I will import my DSF files then....

I am still learning the Zidoo as I have only had it a couple of days. I found that editing movies on my PC was much easier.

Is there any way to do the same for Music? The web interface has an APP section with the Music Player listed. But clicking it does nothing....

Any advice is appreciated. I have a lot of high resolution music to import.

7. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

It is all a matter of CPU load in combination with the music source and the efficiency of drivers. Being all done in software this is a real challenge for Android Media players.
    Interesting to see the interest in MCH Music playback growing on this forum.
    http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...ther-knowhow-for-hifi-players-playback.86336/
    All existing album formats are explained there.

Some known facts:
    - FLAC has the additional overhead of decompression.
    - MCH 5.1 has triple load for WAV processing and optional FLAC decompression compared to Stereo/2CH. This makes higher bitrates for MCH a challenge above all in combination with FLAC.
    - 24-bit makes a real audible difference versus 16-bit on a good setup
    - Going from 44.1 to 88.2 is less audible. Doing 176.4 or even higher in more a believers thing. DVD-Audio and BD Pure Audio stop at 24/96 kHz for MCH with a good reason.

Personally never converted DSD to anything else than 24/88.2 format using FLAC. Now stopped doing this altogether as I use the Neo Alpha now with native DSD.
    Still looking for a good APP to convert DVD-Audio albums to MCH FLAC (24/96). Suggestions and experiences are more than welcome.

I personally do regard gapless playback for MCH much more relevant than 176.4 kHz support but feel free to disagree with me. Getting it all is always great.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2022
    Pretzel Man likes this.
  8. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

No idea - I don't like Kodi at all so I've never tried it for music - no harm in trying it though..

Sorry, don't know when the next firmware is coming but there have been a couple behind the scenes so I don't think it'll be long.

rozel likes this.
  9. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

That's my case as well. Kodi with its updates here there and ugly UI you're never sure what's going on!!

Last edited: Sep 9, 2022
    rozel likes this.
  10. Hdkeith

Hdkeith New Member

The alpha does native DSD? As in decodes it and send MCH out HDMI or decodes it via the DAC to go out the analog outputs?

11. Nice Monkey

Neo Alpha has a second DSD/Audio HDMI port. So for Stereo you can use the Internal DAC for native DSD.
    For 2CH/MCH it will also use DSD => PCM on the Main HDMI port but Native DSD via the second DSD/Audio HDMI port. The sound quality via HDMI is as good as it can get as it uses a quality clock source for that. The player is excellent for SACD and stopped using my OPPO for that altogether.

Only missing DVD-Audio now but frankly have only relative few albums in that format.
    For BD Pure Audio use my baby Dune to deal with BD Menu's when needed,

12. Hdkeith

Hdkeith New Member

The UHD3000 also has second HDMI, wonder if that is the case for it, if so then I will return my Z1000 Pro and get the U3000. Not sure why they can't pass Native DSD through the main HDMI as that would allow me to E-Bay my Oppoe 203. Sicne I do;t need Analog I struggle to see (for me) the justification for the higher end Neo models.

13. Nice Monkey

The UHD3000 also has a second HDMI Audio only port but that one doesn't include DSD support via that port. Have such UHD3000 too.
    Can be used with an AMP not passing 4K or just missing DV or HDR10+ pasthrough with 4K like my Onkyo (no HDR10+).

The very nice 5 inch Front Display with color OLED and touch control is the main goody of the Neo models obviously. Don't compare with Dune as those are monocolor without touchcontrol.

14. Hdkeith

Hdkeith New Member

Well that sucsk, no way I am spending $4K on the Alpha. I might be tempted into the lower end Neo, but seems like a lot just to get DSD support. They need to add it across the main HDMI or at least add it to the UHD3000 and I might upgrade, but for $4K I can keep my Oppo for native DSD if I really want that.

15. Nice Monkey

The Realtek SOC incorporates the Main HDMI port and that one is not DSD capable. So that will never come with current generation of players.

16. Hdkeith

Hdkeith New Member

So none of the other models outside of the Alpha can pass native DSD either on the main or secondary HDMI?

17. Nice Monkey

You got it.

18. Hdkeith

Hdkeith New Member

Well that is a shame then. I am sure there are other great things about the Alpha, but not (to me) worth $4K. If someone brings out a good media player with DSD for under $1500 I may be interested, but $4K for me would be a new processor.

19. Nice Monkey

It is expensive but is € 3.000 not € 4K

20. Hdkeith

Hdkeith New Member

The distributor here in US quoted me $4K USD