All you need to know about RTD1619BPD and RTD1619DR based players

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Nice Monkey, Aug 17, 2020.

1. Mano9423

Mano9423 New Member

Question about this...I have a 16TB external drive I plan to use with my Z9X. Would there be any advantage to connecting it via SATA (either by removing the HDD and connecting directly, or using a USB3.0 to SATA connector) to the Z9X instead of using a USB 3.0 port on the box?

2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

With an Z9X using External SATA or USB3 is a matter of convenience and esthetics. Performance wise there will be no difference.

Personally I am using USB Dockings as I do move my HDD's around with various players. Internal SATA with some models, PC Docking Internal bays or USB Docking with e.g my OPPO.

gymnos likes this.
  3. Mano9423

Mano9423 New Member

Perfect, thanks for this.

4. Susano

Susano New Member

Hi, sorry really not good with most of this stuff but am interested in the zidoo z1000pro. I currently have a small media player a friend made with computer bits several years ago using xbmc. Would there be a noticeable improvement in picture Quality with the zidoo if I only watch files that are 4-6gb in size?
    I am looking at the anthem mrx1140 for a receiver upgrade to my existing pioneer lx90 susano.
    Thank you

5. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

@Susano
    For sure functionally it has more to offer and if playing UHD/HDR also in picture quality even when upscaling.

6. Cap10

Cap10 New Member

Hi,

Just wanted to see if i'm missing something.
    I recently got the Z1000 Pro, it's working really well after all was set up
    Pretty much only thing that bothers me so far is the color of the power button.

Is there any way to change it? I havn't found any setting for it, but looking online there are plenty of pictures where the unit is on and the power led is White..

Or are we so unlucky that those are only rendered marketing-pictures ?

Last edited: May 18, 2022
  7. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

@Cap10 Mine is Red when in standby and Blue when on - switching off (using the switch at the rear) turns it off completely. I'm quite happy with this arrangement.

8. Cap10

Cap10 New Member

Yep, mine is the same
    I, however, am less happy with that arrangement :)

Just wanted to see if there were any options to it

9. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

@Cap10 May I ask what it is that you don't like - is it because you'd like to turn it off completely when the Zidoo is in use?

10. Cap10

Cap10 New Member

Of course it's not for any functional reasons and only for aesthetics.
    Entirely opinion-based from my side is that it looks quite dated and sticks out from all other surrounding equipment which is low light and white leds(Just like the display on the Z1000)

Edit:
    I think the color wouldn't bother me as much if the button wasn't as "big" though
    And probably because i expected it to be able to have a white led when looking at picture online before purchasing

11. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

@Cap10 Ok - my enetertainment kit is housed in a low-level unit fronted with "darkened-black" doors so indicator lights don't bother me. But I don't know if there is any setting to change them, I doubt there is, but I'll pass to others to comment in more detail

12. Cap10

Cap10 New Member

@rozel
    Ah yes that would probably "solve" the "problem" if you will
    In my case the unit is out in the open and fairly close to the TV, so it's much more noticeable

13. Susano

Susano New Member

thank you.
    Will it play web rip and web dl files?

14. Phil181

Phil181 Active Member

Yes, including anything DV or HDR10+
    How it looks will depend a lot on the quality and capability of your TV/projector.
    Fortunately, the Zidoo settings cover a lot of display variables (even if you don't currently have Dolby Vision or HDR10+ on your current TV) .

15. Susano

Susano New Member

thank you so much. Sounds like what I need. Not sure what my tv has but it is a 3 year old Panasonic oled.

Is there any reason this wouldn’t connect and play nice with my existing Pioneer lx-90 or the anthem mrx1140 I intend to get?

Any word on any new models or upgrades coming in the next 6 months?

16. Phil181

Phil181 Active Member

My Zidoo Z1000 Pro plays beautifully to a Panasonic OLED and plays all formats, including DV and HDR10+ (which is why I bought it).
    Your existing Pioneer AVR is probably too old to pass 4K and DV video signals. If it doesn't, you will need to buy a UHD3000 (or a Neo) with twin HDMI outputs.
    The alternative is to get an HDFury device or similar to split the signal into separate 4K video for the TV and 1080p audio for your AVR. I use an older AVRKey with mine.

Any new AVR with 4K and DV passthrough should be fine for the future.

17. Susano

Susano New Member

so the uhd 3000 would work with my existing AVR without the need for a splitter?

18. Phil181

Phil181 Active Member

19. crutzulee

crutzulee Member

I'm anxiously awaiting delivery of an X9. It will be replacing a 2017 NVIDIA SHIELD in my HT and will be connected to a JVC x570R through a Denon 4500 7.4.4. ATMOS/DTSX setup.

Having read through threads here and elsewhere, I'm confident that the X9 will represent a significant upgrade with regards to playback of my local media and should work well with my gear from an A/V standpoint. I am, however, concerned about my library. I know that the way my labeling standards have "evolved" over the years will cause some issues with the way that HT4 scrapes as it has with my current KODI setup. I'm prepared for that and will take it as an opportunity to prune and clean up all the accumulated files that have gathered as I simply continued to add Seagate 8TB drives to a USB 3.0 hub attached to my SHIELD as they went on sale.

Reading through the threads, It occurs to me that most of you are using NAS, SATA or straight USB 3.0 drive connections. Can someone please confirm that my powered 8 port USB 3.0 hub will work as it does with my current SHIELD? I know that I'll have to revert to enabling SMB 1.0 on my PCs as the X9 uses an older version of Android than the SHIELD.

20. Phil181

Phil181 Active Member

If you are very comfortable with using Kodi and it's file naming conventions, I'd suggest installing ZDMC (a fork, currently based on Kodi 19.4) as it can be set up and used at the same time as getting used to HT4.0 (which looks great but is not where I'm happy with its function having a large library and multiple sources (including multiple external HDD's) as it combines TV series with movies and is currently missing a Videos/Files/sources function of Kodi that I use to find content).
    Using a USB 3.0 hub should not present you with any issues.

crutzulee likes this.