All you need to know about RTD1619BPD and RTD1619DR based players

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Nice Monkey, Aug 17, 2020.

1. HiSalt

HiSalt Member

Excellent, can't wait to get my Zidoo

rozel likes this.
  2. Amused

Amused New Member

All of a sudden, the front display on my Z1000 Pro started working again after a week of being dead. Absolutely crazy! Is this definitely a connector issue?

And another question, where do we report software bugs and ask for fixes? Thanks

Last edited: Nov 21, 2021
  3. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Probably is a connection issue.

In the correlated FW threat for general reporting for a certain FW version or a dedicated new topic for complicated matters.

4. Ruy

Ruy New Member

Hi! I live in Brazil and around here there are not many people who like or understand this subject. In your authoritative opinion, which Media Player should I buy? My objective is to watch bluray movies with dolby vision (very important!) and 3D movies with the best quality possible, besides having access to blurays menus.
    I think it's important too the possibility of menu and download of srt subtitles in Portuguese. I can't go wrong, because these "toys" are extremely expensive and my wife is already mad at me.
    Thanks!

5. Nice Monkey

I hope you wife really likes watching movies. :D

I can recommend getting a Zidoo Z9X or a Dune Real Vision for that. Both will do the job you describe. The Dune will do far better BD Menu handling and Zidoo will be more advanced on Subtitle support (with and without menus) and also on Poster Wall features. I expect both to actually improve on their respective weaknesses but both are amazing players with great value for money (even with Brazilian taxes). :)

Ruy likes this.
  6. HiSalt

HiSalt Member

Zidoo Z9X is AU$285, very cheap!

Futeko haven't dropped their prices yet

7. Ruy

Ruy New Member

I have a lot of Dolby Vision movies and my Zidoo X10 doesn't suit me in this regard. I thought the Zidoo Z1000 Pro was superior to the Zidoo Z9X. But as the Z9X is cheaper I think I'll go with the Z9X then. Thanks!

8. Nice Monkey

The Z1000 has a much nicer chassis, looks great, has a HDD bay, Integrated 12V 5A PSU, 32 Gbyte Flash, Internal antenna's and a BT remote.
    But having the same motherboard the essential features, SQ and PQ will be identical. It is worth the extra money if you can effort it.

Ruy likes this.
  9. Ruy

Ruy New Member

Excuse the ignorance, but what is SQ and PQ?

10. AngryVirginian

AngryVirginian Active Member

SQ = Sound Quality
    PQ = Picture Quality

Ruy likes this.
  11. AngryVirginian

AngryVirginian Active Member

I see the release notes for the new beta firmware version. How do I do local trailer on HT4?

12. muha

muha Active Member

Download trailer in the same folder as movie. Use same name as for movie file just add .trailer

Last edited: Nov 25, 2021
  13. kfpanda

kfpanda Member

ub820 has chroma upsampling. vincent @ hdtvtest thinks its a little better than oppo 203 (just as a ref). how much difference will also depend on ur eyes, tv, etc.

14. Ruy

Ruy New Member

Do you know this shopping site? Do you know if it's reliable?
    www.techinn.com

15. HiSalt

HiSalt Member

16. HiSalt

HiSalt Member

Could you please post a link to a suitable PSU for the Z9X?

I have know clue what to look for or what will be suitable

17. Ruy

Ruy New Member

18. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

Watch out, there are still a lot of Z1000 units out there, those have the old chipset.

As far as i can see that IS the previous one with Realtek RTD1296 chipset and NO Dolby Vision

Make sure you buy the Z1000 Pro

A good place to start

Last edited: Nov 26, 2021
    Ruy likes this.
  19. Ruy

Ruy New Member

You may be correct, I didn't pay attention to the chipset detail. Grateful for the alert ;)

TifKag likes this.
  20. HiSalt

HiSalt Member

Aliexpress have great deals at the moment, need to make sure you apply the discount codes at checkout though

Z9X $287AUD

Z10X $429AUD

Z1000 Pro $617AUD

Still can't make up my mind which one though, the Z9X is so cheap, just can't decide if the internal hdd bay is worth the extra cash, I don't have a NAS or DAS, just one external 14Tb hdd that I will shuck if I get the 10x or 1000 pro. Will most probably eventually buy a DAS no matter which one I end up with.
    Maybe I should buy the Z9X and use the cash I save for a DAS and an extra 14tb hdd

Any thoughts to help me make my decision?