Proposal Add more frame (zoom) options to media center (zidoo) player

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by nikos_a, Jul 5, 2017.

1. nikos_a

nikos_a Active Member

I was watching recently some 4:3 videos in Media Center. Everything works well for me but I would like to recommend something. The original video frame is this

original.jpg

At the moment, with the zidoo player, we can have this

a. full_stretched.jpg

or this

b. full_touch_inside.jpg

The first distorts the image heavily, the second has the black borders left and right. On my PC, I use Media Player Classic Home Cinema. The a. is called "Stretched to Window", b. is called "Touch Window from Inside". However, it also has one option I like for such videos and it is called "Touch Window from Outside". This results to fitting the 4:3 image to left and right and missing ("cutting") the top and bottom a bit. Here's the sample

full_touch_outside.jpg

It would be perfect to add this option too because it is excellent for 4:3 videos.

DolbyVision and boblo like this.
  2. boblo

boblo Member

I like that idea. My old TVIX 6500A player (with Sigma chipset) has scalable zoom in steps, so black borders can be avoided and also has fixed modes such as "Pan and Scan" and "Full Screen". I think a scalable zoom is not possible with the Realtek chipset but more fixed zoom modes would be nice.

I have more ideas to improve current firmware. In fact, I think we should make a new thread with a Wishlist for Zidoo rather than separated posts.

nikos_a likes this.
  3. nikos_a

nikos_a Active Member

Yes, that would be better as long as Zidoo tech team check the proposals topic. The one with zoom is very important addition if you ask me considering that there's a lot of "older" 4:3 material that I want to watch without the image being stretched or with black borders.

4. boblo

boblo Member

I totally agree, I also have a lot of old 4:3 DVD movies... Other interesting feature is support DVD folder structure playback. Competitors like Egreat already do that (so it's not an Android limitation).

@HaoSs? Would you make a new Feature Request fixed thread? Thank you.

5. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

Talking with the right persons now, ill make a thread soon ( i hope, don't see why not )

boblo likes this.
  6. DolbyVision

DolbyVision New Member

i totally support this option

7. boblo

boblo Member

I've just ordered a X10 from Zidoo Direct EU (Amazon). HaoSs, do you have any news about this new thread?

Thanks

8. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

nope. i think freeroc is in vacation or something