About TV shows scraping, please provide your directory tree[29 July updated]

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Jun 22, 2021.

1. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

Nope, it still shows specials instead of the regular episodes..... This is getting really frustrating when they are only updating once a month cause they're too busy making more broken products to sell us instead of fixing the broken ones people already bought. I have been waiting almost 2 months to use TVDB but zidoo doesn't seem to know how to fix things very well. Just good at introducing more bugs. I'm really sick of this! What other prodsuct on the market do you know of that you have to wait 2 months or more just to add your library to your damn box.

2. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

Weird how Kodi, ZDMC, and emby using TVDB API have no problem matching the episodes properly but Postewall still seems to think that all episodes are Specials.

3. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

In fact, starting with this version, we checked TVDB ID. Let's see what happened on these file names. I think it's easy to solve.

4. Enet

Enet Active Member

Just use TMDB, not TVDB. I know that is not ideal but it does fix the specials problem.

5. Enet

Enet Active Member

The Rewind function seems to be broken now. I can Fast Forward but when I rewind the picture disappears, the screen goes green then blank. When I press play the movie position has not changed.

6. This is great news. Are there any plans to implement TMDB ID checking for the movie library? I imagine it could solve the issue of movie titles that are too short or contain special characters ending up in unmatched, for example:

"Z:\complete\Movies\'71 (2014) {tmdb-252178}\'71 (2014) {tmdb-252178}[Remux-1080p][DTS 5.1][AVC][-FraMeSToR].mkv"
    "Z:\complete\Movies\1917 (2019) {tmdb-530915}\1917 (2019) {tmdb-530915}[Remux-2160p][TrueHD Atmos 7.1][HEVC][DoVi][-FraMeSToR].mkv"
    "Z:\complete\Movies\Mud (2013) {tmdb-103731}\Mud (2013) [tmdb-103731][Remux-1080p][DTS-HD MA 5.1][AVC]-HDH.mkv"

7. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Yes.

8. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

The "Short Names" issue for the movie has been optimized, no? I have better results with the last version of HT: Movies with titles like "300" or "2012" are scraped correctly now (even with the release year between brackets in the name of the movie) and movies like "RED" too.

I still have some issues with the titles of some movies including commas (for example: "Moi, Moche et Méchant (2010)", "le bon, la brute et le truand (1966)") or with words + a year (for example: "Absolom 2022 (1994)", "Los Angeles 2013 (1996)") but the scan result is better overall.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2021
  9. Does the user need to do something specific to enable this? I think the issue with Dragon Ball Kai stems from this:

Name of the folder on the disk: "Dragon Ball Kai (2009) {tvdb-88031}"
    Name on TVDB: "Dragon Ball Kai" (https://www.thetvdb.com/series/dragon-ball-kai)
    Name on TMDB: "Dragon Ball Z Kai" (https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/61709-dragon-ball-z-kai)

It seems to me that instead of using tvdb id 88031 to look up the show on tvdb.com, HT 4.0 uses the name "Dragon Ball Kai" to look up the show on TMDB, can't find an exact match and instead matches it to "Dragon Ball".

10. Enet

Enet Active Member

I don't know about this particular issue but in general TMDB has worked for me almost 100% of the time for TV shows. TVDB still has issues. So I would be surprised if somehow TMDB is causing a problem, mainly because I've found TMDB to be pretty accurate in finding TV shows but TVDB less so. Even after the latest updates I still have issues so I just switch back to TMDB, re-match and everything is sorted.

JohnG likes this.
  11. I noticed there's been an update according to the thread title. Any info on what has been changed in the new version?

12. Enet

Enet Active Member

They've added another tick box for the path so now there are two.
    It's still bad at TV scanning.
    It still doesn't add the 3d sash/tag to the poster for 3D films.

Mabon likes this.
  13. Enet

Enet Active Member

I've never had that problem. For me I get the 3D tag in the film details but not the 3D sash on the poster itself.

14. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

Same :D

Mabon likes this.
  15. Joe C

Joe C Member

Still happening for me. If I go into a collection, click on a film in there and then press back to go into the collection then the film I was looking at now has the 3D sash on the poster

Last edited: Aug 2, 2021
    Mabon likes this.
  16. Enet

Enet Active Member

Sometimes I get the same bug as you, but rarely do I get a sash for my 3D films. The poster sash coding is very buggy at the moment and it shouldn't be. 4k, HDR or 3D should all use exactly the same code just with different parameters.

17. Joe C

Joe C Member

I don't have any 3D films - so is very odd

18. MsieurSeb

MsieurSeb Member

Hello, Is there still the same problem with TVDB? (special season) ? Thx

19. MsieurSeb

MsieurSeb Member

I just did a test and I feel like I found the solution TVDB bug "Season Special". I think this is a problem with the filename.

Exemple:
    The Flash (2014)
    -The Flash (2014).S07E01.(1080p)(AAC)
    -The Flash (2014).S07E02.(1080p)(AAC)...

TVDB finds me well season 7 and does not put me the special episodes. On the other hand, it is based on English and the series title and the episode in original version. I am configured in French.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. DennisTheMenace

DennisTheMenace Active Member

hi i use tinymediamanager to create my library. Everything works fine. After the last firmware update I scraped my drives again and every tv series was recognized correctly, everything was really great. Then I used this "export the poster in nfo" function. and deleted the data in home theater, and scraped everything in again. That was a mistake, to use this function to export the posters to nfo files. Because after home theater changed the NFOS, everything got mixed up, some series are now only called season 1 or season 2 etc. Some episodes of a series are now completely wrongly recognized as a film etc. I can only recommend anyone who has a correctly functioning library does not have to use this "export the poster to an NFO file" function. It breaks more and messes everything up, at least as far as TV series is concerned, there are no problems with films. Then I let tinymediamanager create the nfos again, and overwritten the nfos that created the home theater. Since then, no problems with scrapping the TV series again

Markswift2003 and vddan like this.