Feedback 50i and 60i Video Files are stuttering

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by Nigan, Nov 20, 2020.

1. Nigan

Nigan Member

In the Media Center Playback is very well, all files looks smooth. Instead of 50i and 60i Interlaced Videos. The Frame Rate is corrected to 25 and 30 fps. Mostly example MTS streams. We have many of this from vacation.

Isn't it possible to correct the Framerate of 50i is played in 50fps and 60i in 60fps ?! This looks beautiful, and then the playback is very smooth. Mostly of the Media Players do this, to ensure a smooth Playback https://snaptube.cam/https://9apps.cam/ .

If i change always manually the Display to 1080 50p or 1080 60p, the Interlaced Video Files runs smooth, too. The FPS didn't reduce to 25 and 30 fps.

Or is there a Solution ?!

And, there is no correctly assignment basicly of MTS Streams in Media Center (Explorer), up to now, with the Zidoo X9s and newest Firmware 1.4.12. The MTS (H.264) had no "Movie" Icon in the List, and they couldn't be played in "Repeat" Mode. Single Play Mode runs very good.

Is there a Solution / Workaround, too ?!

Last edited: Nov 21, 2020
  2. blasiusx

blasiusx Member

I had these interlaced problems and with the recognition of .mts streams with the media center only with an older firmware (1.xx).

With FW 2.1.28 I no longer have these problems. Interlaced videos with 50 / 60i are correctly recognized and also played with 50/60 FPS for me.

Provided you have switched on the auto frame rate. ;)

3. Ekul

Ekul Active Member

50/60i are not playing correctly only when they are 720.
    In 1080 all wrong with not smooth playback at25/30 fps.
    Its this way since the release of this player.
    Thats why i am not buying next generation zidoo players.

I only use it for 3D now.
    All the rest i use my shield, perfect playback of 50/60i.
    Also in Netflix and Prime.

4. blasiusx

blasiusx Member

I tested it again: 50 and 60i Interlaced Videos (mts files from our Cameras, Holiday Clips) are running smoothly with 50 and 60fps with all my X9S Devices, and not with 25 and 30fps. With the Media Center (Explorer). And with a X8, too. All With FW 2.1.28.
    The Videos are all AVC-HD Clips (mts) filmed with Sony Cameras. Full HD 1080 Interlaced.

I only had the problem with older firmwares, which only played at 25 / 30fps, but I don't know exactly when it was fixed. Anyway, I disagree.

I just turned on ONLY AFR and all clips play softly.

The clips are a bit older, but here it works perfectly. Since 2014 I've only been filming in progressive mode.

Created Interlaced BluRay Movies (Iso's, BDMV Folder) are played back with 50 and 60fps, have tested it, too.

So it works for me.

5. Ekul

Ekul Active Member

Maybe it has something to do with tv connection (edid read).
    Also all 1080p 25fps , like many bbc series (f.e. Blue Planet II )
    are shown at 25 fps and therefore juddering.
    With shield those series play fine at 50 fps.