4K UHD films not showing in 4K icon

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by SBarnes, Jan 19, 2023.

1. SBarnes

SBarnes New Member

Repeated this post due to original disappearing.

Last two films ripped show in movies but not in the 4K section.
    Both are showing in the side menu under 4K. they are Black Adam and Bullet Train.
    All other films are in the 4K section and just wondering if anyone else has had the same issue.
    Thanks for previous answers.

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Still no idea what happened there...

So what do you mean by the "4K Section"

Bit confused because you say they show in the 4K section in the side menu -

3. SBarnes

SBarnes New Member

Like the below, i have an icon for 4K. All but the two mentioned if 4K show when this icon is selected.
    upload_2023-1-19_9-46-3.png

I will switch my NAS on later to try and explain the side menu.

4. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I know what the side menu is - I'm confused because both the 4K page from the side menu and the 4K page from widgets are the same thing.

Not doubting you, just no idea how it could happen!

5. SBarnes

SBarnes New Member

That's what is confusing me as well. Wondered at first if it was that these films have two different video resolutions showing in media info.
    However i have checked some other films that do show and they have two video resolutions as well.

6. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

What kind of container? MKV, ISO, full Blu-Ray? The « second » resolution in media info could be the DV enhancement layer in 1080p if the files are ISOs or blu-rays.

7. SBarnes

SBarnes New Member

All are BDMV folders (full rip).

8. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

On the main page of the posterwall (all), both display the 4k logo in the top right corner of the thumbs?

Did you already try to refresh the MediaInfo datas when you are on the details page of each movie (button « More… » and press OK in the opening window), just in case?

9. SBarnes

SBarnes New Member

Yes to both parts. just checked again.
    It does look like the second video is the Dolby Vision.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2023
  10. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

Yep, it’s a part of it, not used by the Zidoo by the way.

I have one of the movies in my collection, bullet train, and no issue. But I use to dematerialize my UHD blu-rays in remux MKV, as I already have the blu-rays and my panasonic Ub820 if I want to watch the bonus on the disk. That saves some space on my HDDs.

That would be interesting to see if someone else has the same issue with the full blu-ray of these movies.

11. SBarnes

SBarnes New Member

I'm thinking of deleting one of them and re adding it. Not 100% sure how to clear out everything from the zidoo.

12. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

That’s the problem, we can’t for now. All the data will stay in the database. So, as soon as you will identify the movie, it will be linked to the previous data. We asked to zidoo a new option to force a refresh of the database for a movie or a TV show already identified.

For now, we can refresh the technical datas with mediainfo, as we talked previously, but that’s it. In your case, I think that it’s related to these data, as the rest seems ok.

Could you try to make a mkv with one of these movies and to replace it on your hdd, just to see if that makes a difference?

Last edited: Jan 19, 2023
  13. SBarnes

SBarnes New Member

I will try at the weekend, probably Saturday.
    Will post once done.

Thanks.

14. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

Not for nothing, but you will save yourself some headaches if you just rip the main movie to MKV and ditch the menus and save that full disc experience for your disc player..... which will otherwise literally collect dust in your rack once you rip your library to NAS and use the Zidoo! ;)

khollister and Pete B like this.
  15. SBarnes

SBarnes New Member

So without menus, how do you watch for example Season 1 that has 5 episodes and you want to choose episode 3.

16. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

You mean using mkv?

As long as the episodes are named correctly, you open a tv show on the posterwall, then a season. You will be able to navigate through the episodes on the details page, with the name and the plot of the episode depending of the one that you have selected.

The structure of your files should look like that:

Main TV show folder
    —> « name of the show ».S01E01.mkv
    —-> (…)
    —> « name of the show ».S02E01.mkv
    —> (…)

No folder per season and no title of the episode in the name of the files.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2023
  17. AngryVirginian

AngryVirginian Active Member

Click the menu button and then select Chapter and then Title List. The episodes are usually in order. The only show that I ripped in which the episodes were not in order was Games of Throne. Sometimes, the disc have the "play all" title so look at the length as well to determine which title to select.

18. SBarnes

SBarnes New Member

Yes i did mean MKV thanks.
    I will try this tomorrow.

19. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

I can show you some screnshots when I will be back at home.

SBarnes likes this.
  20. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

So, an example of a TV show in HT4.0, in my own language.

[​IMG]

The grayed out episodes are already watched
    [​IMG]

This is how my episodes are named, using the little software "Rename My TV Series" to go faster. The longuest part was to dematerialize the 30 blu-ray disks of the show. :confused:
    [​IMG]