4K HDR HVEC 60FPS Crashes

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X7' started by Ayokoya, Aug 4, 2017.

1. Ayokoya

Ayokoya Member

Finally got myself to disconnect the X9S from my 4K HDR 10bit TV and give the X7 the highend video test. The X9S has no issues at all with the highend videos. The X9S display setting is 2160p 60Hz, auto color depth and RGB444.

X7 has the following problems:

1. setting is 3840x2160p-60(YCbCr420), the HVEC HDR 10bit 60Hz demo video file Sony_4K_HDR_Camp.mp4 attempts to play, but constantly blinks out (momentary black screen), sometimes crashes to the launcher screen. other 60Hz videos exhibit same problem, but videos with HDR 10bit 50Hz seems to be fine

2. setting is 3840x2160-30Hz, HVEC HDR 10bit 60Hz demo clips blinks out far less frequently but does not crashes to launcher screen

By the way, whenever the video blinks out, the "HDR" icon appear at the top right corner of the TV, characteristic of my TV switching to HDR mode behavior. Not sure how HDR handshake works, may be with constantly informing HDR signal? If so, then the X7 must be stuttering on the HDR signal

Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
  2. spring

spring Guest

ok, we will test it.

3. Ayokoya

Ayokoya Member

I got a chance to hook the X7 to a 4K-60Hz TV WITHOUT HDR support, everything works fine as long as the HDR feature is not invoked.