3D has stopped working on ZDMC 17.6 - fmw 1.5.0

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1295)' started by cesarleeds, Jan 21, 2018.

1. cesarleeds

cesarleeds New Member

So, today, out of nowhere, 3D has stopped working on ZDMC 17.6-fmw 1.5.0, ZDMC actually calls the external player but stops right there and goes back to the ZDMC interface, have tried every single format, no ISO, no mkv, no m2ts, none work, i also tried several skins, no luck either.

However, if i use the native Zidoo player, it works, but there i lose the quite friendly kodi interface, Home Theater is still quite messy and not very accurate when scraping movies.

Any solution?

2. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

3D in kodi was never his strong point, plan was always to use external player for 3D that actually work's, thing is external player is broken in latest firmware/zdmc, nothing you can do there, BUT there is a " poster wall 2.0" that should enhance the zidoo media center experience SOONtm

3. cesarleeds

cesarleeds New Member

Yeah, Poster Wall 2.0 looks fine, current one is very limited and scrapping is awful, but it is being a while since they showed it for the 1st time, so I'm not counting on it yet.

What is strange is that external player works on all other movies, not on 3d though.

I have requested a unit change, since mine has only few days, too buggy as detailed on the other post.

4. ursiel

ursiel Active Member

So is it confirmed that ZDMC doesn't play 3D now on 1.5.0? How about 2.0.5? Is this going to be resolved? This is a big loss for those that would rather use ZDMC over the internal player.

5. Sarco

Sarco Active Member Beta test group

I was a fan of kodi/ZDMC but since zidoo push HomeTheater 2 I switch...

6. ursiel

ursiel Active Member

I just checked the firmware notes and it seems HomeTheatre 2.0 got released with 2.0.5. I also see Music Player 2.0 got released with 1.5.0. As a new owner, I was very disappointed with the music player during my initial testing on 1.4.12, so I'm very curious if the new Music Player improves things. And I'd like to check out the new Home Theatre 2.0 too. But as I mentioned, between the 3D being broken with ZDMC in 1.5.0, blu-ray menu playback supposedly being broken in 1.5.0, and the bug mentioned in the Kodi forum that got introduced in 1.5.0 (23.976 gets output as 24.000 when set to YCbCr 4:4:4), I'm afraid I don't want to chance it.

I wish we could get some confirmation if these issues will be getting fixed soon (or if they can be confirmed at all). Until then I don't want to update.

7. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

I use YcBcR 4.4.4 and I never noticed stuttering with 1080p,

8. ursiel

ursiel Active Member

Well according to wesk05 it was recently introduced (in 1.5.0). I hope he doesn't mind me quoting him - I'm just trying to address the issue here:

"It is also interesting that YCbCr 4:4:4 mode refresh rate is 24Hz instead of 23.976Hz. It switches to 24Hz both in Auto Color space mode and when 4:4:4 is selected manually. Wonder why no one is complaining about stutter. "

"Yes it is output as 24Hz. I think this is something new to firmware 1.5. I don't think I have seen it in earlier firmware."

"It is on the HDMI analyzer that I noticed the output was 24Hz"

It would be nice if we can get some confirmation on this, because this is a serious issue.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2018