3D glasses with Epson projector

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by Drum, Mar 19, 2018.

1. Drum

Drum New Member

just wanted to share this info, hope it's helpful!

I have a Zidoo x9s and an Epson home cinema 3500 projector lighting up a 106" screen. I love 3D and the x9s does a seem less job with bluray 3D MVC ripped to an mkv .The problem with it is that my wife absolutely hates 3D!!!This leaves me to either watching by myself or turning off 3D and watching the 2d version.
    Soooo I started researching active rf 3D glasses trying to find ones that would operate like passive dual play glasses do .so that my wife could view in 2d while I view in 3D at the same time.I would add that I own the Epson rf glasses that came with the projector,2 Samsung rf glasses and 2 Panasonic rf glasses.I almost pulled the trigger on one set of very expensive glasses that do this ( xpand brand).and was going to take apart one set of glasses to rewrire both lenses to left eye only. But then luckily discovered that the Panasonic glasses (model # ty-er3d4mu) have a switch that will make them operate in 2d!!!!!!!,

These Panasonic glasses will work with any brand tv that use RF/Bluetooth.

Now my wife watches in 2D without the eye strain at the same time I get to enjoy 3D...very happy camper!

Nice Monkey likes this.
  2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

@Drum Thanks nice info. Can you put up a picture of the 2D/3D switch, don't see this feature mentioned anywhere.

Using myself Samsung
    SSG-5150GB active 3D glasses with my Epson UB5040 projector. These latest model Samsung glasses are still available but out of production it seems. Earlier 3D Active glasses like SSG-5100 are proven to be incompatible with my Epson (needs to support the Full HD 3D Glasses Initiative standard).

A thing I found was that one really needs a perfectly focused eyesight at TV viewing distance for both eyes to enjoy 3D. Otherwise eyestrain and/or a bad view will be experienced. I had a special pair of fixed distance glasses made for watching TV/projection. That made all the difference.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
  3. Drum

Drum New Member

Image attatched. There is one switch .turns glasses on and off , slide all the way to right to switch modes.the light blinks red once every 4 seconds for 3D mode and blinks twice every 4 seconds for 2D mode.:)

Attached Files: