[Solved with 2.2.96]2.2.82 usb 3 issue

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by adwin, Jul 21, 2019.

1. Dan

Dan Member

Changelog
    Model: ZIDOO_Z9S
    Version number: v2.2.91
    Upgrade: OTA

Google Translate:
    (original text below) / (оригинал ниже)
    :heavy_minus_sign:
    System:
    1. Fix the problem of HDMI IN occasional green screen
    2. Optimize fiber source output
    3. Optimize system stability
    4. Increase German and Polish waves
    5. Fix the occasional playback video pause sound problem
    6. Fix the problem that individual online video applications can't play
    7. Color depth default output 10bit
    8. Optimize application stability
    9. Optimize online play
    10. Fix the problem that the front panel USB icon is not displayed.
    11. Fix the problem of playing the card when the output of the individual meat sauce dish source is restored.
    12. Fix the problem that HIFI occasionally prompts the format that is not supported.
    13. Optimize USB port mounting speed

Music player
    1. Fix the problem of playing the music through the file manager.
    2. Increase the lyrics off function
    3. Add German and Polish
    4. Optimize application stability
    5. Optimize the function of obtaining music information
    6. Optimize the problem of automatically switching the next error.
    7. Fix the problem of individual 64bit music player
    8. Optimize the music basic information interface
    9. Add album folder recognition function
    10. Solve the problem that the songs of the tracked song album folder may not be assigned to the album.
    11. Optimize the image recognition and profile text recognition of album folders
    12. Fix the problem that the individual CUE songs are not successfully matched.
    13. Optimize the folder with the music suffix identifier, causing the problem of recognition error

Control center
    1. Increase the function of uploading screenshots to mobile phones
    2. Optimize connection stability
    3. Add ios and android app to download QR code

Poster wall
    1. Fix the problem that may flash back during the matching process
    2. Solve the problem of recognizing ISO music as ISO video
    3. Optimize matching to improve the recognition rate of files with parentheses in file names
    4. Optimize matching, compatible with title with "·"
    5. Optimize local image recognition
    6. Fix the problem that the automatic update is inaccurate due to the incorrect judgment of the video file.
    7. Solve the problem that the mobile phone control restore interface does not work
    8. Add device list device can directly view folder function
    9. Increase device synchronization
    10. When the device is scanned, if the device name is too long, jitter will occur.
    11. Solve the problem that the file size of the folder view interface is abnormal.
    12. Solve the problem of losing focus after clicking stop scanning in the device list interface

Local player
    1. Increase Blu-ray caption function
    2. Increase the external subtitle deletion function (press the remote control delete button)
    3. Increase mobile phone control for more information interface
    4. Optimize the progress bar operation
    5. After optimizing the popup menu, do not respond to the problem of the play button
    6. When switching 3D mode, the associated frame rate pause time
    7. Fix the problem that the odd code rate is 1b/s
    8. Optimize some shortcut keys

World weather
    1. Modify individual data to display the wrong question

Quick settings
    1. Add mandatory subtitles to follow the current audio language function
    2. Fix the problem of incomplete display in German

2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

That fix is about "The Mounting Speed" only. This is the time it takes from plugin to availability of a drive inserted.

3. Dan

Dan Member

Bugger, no improvement then :-(

4. leonkoum

leonkoum Active Member Beta test group

"11. Fix the problem of playing the card when the output of the individual meat sauce dish source is restored." o_O

Any idea?

5. Nice Monkey

No idea have come across more of these in the past also. But keep in mind this a Chinese => Russian => English translation.

Don't think USB3 disconnects are fixed but Forced Subtitles could be as I found a new option in setup for those.

See also my warning about GAPPS (it must be re-installed immediately after any update).

6. Summer Wind

Summer Wind New Member

USB 3.0 randomly disconnecting in v2.2.91 NOT FIXED. Tried SAMSUNG 128GB FIT PLUS USB 3.1 - after 20 min - disconnected. After rebooting still not seeing, only - off/on helps.

7. CyberPaul

CyberPaul New Member

Basically they are not fixing anything since months despite all known problems have been communicated and very well documented! Very sorry to have bought this player.

8. woody

woody Member

This Morning i attached an Anker 4-port USB 3.0 expansion hub to one of the 3.0 USB port on Z9S. Altogether i now have 5 HDD attached to it !!
    All working fine for me. Still perplexed reading others are facing issues.

In best case scenario (i.e. mine ), it works fine.

9. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

As many people have reported, unplugged my failing powered usb3 drive from the usb3 and plugged it into the usb2 and it’s fine, so it’s a problem either the usb3 interface and certain usb3 controllers, ie WD.

10. dmboza

dmboza New Member

With firmware 2.2.96, the USB 3.0 port still does not work properly, it disconnects, to me personally after an hour and a half of
    playback. Nor does it work well with 2.2.82 and later. Could fix it, the firmware that doesn't cause problems is 2.2.30.
    It is not connected to Wi-Fi or any other USB device.
    Today it is not solved with firmware 2.2.96.

Summer Wind likes this.
  11. Tonyj

Tonyj New Member

Don’t know if it’s relevant but I’m on 2.2.96 firmware and using WD elements 10tb drive, and have been having the same disconnect problems for a few months now every hour or 2 hours randomly. Just on a hunch I’ve tried a powered usb 3 hub and it may be just luck but the drive has been working fine for 3 days now with 3-4 hour use each day, I’m certainly not saying it’s fixed yet it’s too early, but I wonder if the direct connection of the WD drive to the zidoo was part of the problem, power fluctuations or blips or whatever and the hub is now masking this in some way. I’ll report back if the issue returns.

12. DaMacFunkin

Me too, after updating to 2.2.96 it seemed fine for a few movies, but the last 2 days have been constant dis connects, so not fixed at all :-(

13. Nice Monkey

Mirror reported it to be fixed but omitted if it was with this FW or an upcoming one. I think it is the later. So we need to wait

Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
  14. dmboza

dmboza New Member

It has not been solved either with 2.2.82, or with 2.2.96, it only works correctly for me with 2.1.30. Do not take the problem for granted when it is not, and it is quite annoying and affects many people. Regards.

15. DaMacFunkin

So why has this thread been changed to solved with 2.2.96?

16. DaMacFunkin

It should read solved with a powered USB3 hub, I have now bought one and no more disconnects

17. DaMacFunkin

The original WD Drive is powered anyway, I think it is a problem between the Z9S and the WD chipset,

18. Summer Wind

Summer Wind New Member

Nope. It's Zidoo USB 3.0 problem.
    I have 3 devices with randomly disconnecting - WD My Book 8TB, Seagate Expansion Desktop 8TB, SAMSUNG 128GB FIT PLUS USB 3.1

19. dmboza

dmboza New Member

And not only that but also the firmware 2.1.30 does not give problems and the disks work correctly then the error is of the later firmwares. Please do not take the problem for granted because it is not. Regards.

20. DaMacFunkin

Forget what I said, still disconnecting with a powered hub, can’t weigh this up, some films no disconnects, others disconnect all the time...
    Hurry up with a fix.