New firmware v1.0.36 for ZIDOO X6 release

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X6 Pro' started by mirror, Apr 14, 2016.

1. Steve

Steve New Member

Are firmware updates a thing of the past now ? Its been sometime since anything was released.

2. Braubursch

Braubursch New Member

Have not installed the firmware v 1.0.36, and wait for a more stable version. When is this?

3. Xoxi Xiola

Xoxi Xiola Member

After last disgrace with 1.0.35 they seem to be more careful about what they are releasing.

Last edited: May 16, 2016
  4. stefan-ott

stefan-ott Member

so there are hopes for a good stable 1.0.37er release soonish? :)

5. cyber7

cyber7 Active Member Beta test group

Hi guys
    if I can put my 10c in here. Rule-of-thumb: Do not break what is not broken. That said, the problems on 1.0.36 is minor and I believe the next release will do the entire platform justice.

As I said, just my 10c :)

6. alitriple

alitriple New Member

hi
    please fix this problem very very son[​IMG]

7. Xoxi Xiola

Xoxi Xiola Member

Go to Settings->Video->Acceleration. Disable crapy shit Rockchip Codec, enable MediaCodec. Most of your problems should be gone. Or use standard Kodi/SPMC instead of crappy shit called ZDMC

I can confirm ZDMC crash on stop playback. Can't confirm the rest, because I had disabled crappy shit Rockchip Codec immediately to be able to stop playback without crash and I'm not using crappy Zidoo's addition called "Rockchip codec" anymore.

Remember: Kodi is good piece of software. Crappy shit begins exactly in the point where Zidoo's addition to Kodi starts.

alitriple likes this.
  8. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

your crappy post is so crappy almost crap myself. if you want to help someone. you can do it without the shitty attitude . We need to help zedoo help us. Not shit on there work. This things take time. and testing. If you have a problem with a piece of software you test. make a bug report. and wait.

Last edited: May 22, 2016
    Joescarbrough likes this.
  9. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

I've just decided to "unwatch" all threads on this forum.
    Too awful posts. Too whinings, too hate.
    And sometimes, gratuitous attack when trying to help.

I'll check from time to time to see if something useful happens.

Bye bye.

10. Xoxi Xiola

Xoxi Xiola Member

Bye bye. You simply don't want to know the truth. Maybe I'm rude but I"m annoyed with crappy software and I'm not going to play up zidoo, while they software is buggy, buggy and more buggy.

11. Paulo Correia

Paulo Correia Member

Sell your box and buy something else. Problem solved. Everything is life is a choice, stop whining...

Joescarbrough likes this.
  12. Xoxi Xiola

Xoxi Xiola Member

Ok. So there is no support. We should stop reporting bugs, right?

13. stefan-ott

stefan-ott Member

just wondering though, how we are getting on with the next release.. anyone from zidoo?

14. isten

isten New Member

What further updates?

15. Paulo Correia

Paulo Correia Member

I think the 1.0.36 firmware is working good. Disable video acceleration in zdmc and it works ok. I hope 1.0.37 makes it even better. At least zidoo is providing firmware updates, a lot of others don't release any. I read the x6 is the best Rockchip 3368 box. Don't need 3D or 4K playback, works good for me. If you have a 4K TV set the output to 1080P, the TV will upscale to its native resolution, so it's not a big deal.

16. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

Yes. if zidoo keeps updating it. they will get far in androit tv box world :) Most people i know are pleased with zidoo boxes and recommend them. Me included. Most companies don't understand that the hardware is only 30% of the box. And will lose in the long run.

17. Xoxi Xiola

Xoxi Xiola Member

Please stop that bullshit. 4k tv snd set output to 1080p ha ha so why to buy 4k tv? I have 4k tv and your advice is upscaling to huge quality loss. Please don't be an idiot. This kind of tips are useless and funny

18. Paulo Correia

Paulo Correia Member

If the signal isn't clear to begin with upscaling isn't gonna make it better, it will only make it worse. I think my pure Linux box is better for Kodi. If all you use your media player for is kodi, android is not the best solution. Open elec or Pure Linux is better. The only reason I went android is for a Live TV app (PAID). Kodi or ZDMC works good on this box for what I'm used to. Just uncheck he rockship codec and set the delay by + 0.250. Yes I know you shouldn't have to, but you do. Complaining, whining, bickering ain't gonna solve anything. I have no affiliation with zidoo. If you want plug and play Cable TV works. I've thought of selling my X6 myself and going back to pure linux.

19. Xoxi Xiola

Xoxi Xiola Member

Complaining is needed, because this is the only way to force manufacturer to fix bugs. Also, android device can be as good as linux one. In case when firmware won't have bugs

20. Paulus

Paulus Member

Complain ... yes. Insult, no. Thanks