2.1.28 FIRMWARE

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by Tony77, Jul 24, 2019.

1. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Zidoo is not the best choice for IPTV and other streaming services. It’s optimized for high quality video files. Using ZDMC and streaming services you will be in software Kodi player most of the time.

2. Marcell P

Marcell P New Member

"Using ZDMC and streaming services you will be in software Kodi player most of the time." - Unfortunately there is a little stuttering in every 5-10 sec. This is the problem, I wrote about in the first post here.

Sorry for the hard wording,
    and thank you again!

3. Enzo

Enzo New Member

hi all, I bought a ZIDOO X9S branded SMARTY. Great product but I have the problem of updating from version 1.3.1, as you can see from the attached photo, to the most recent. I downloaded ZIDOO_X9S-v2.1.28-201907231810-ota.zip but I can't update it. Do I have to go through some other versions first? The update file must be on the internal memory of the device or on a USB stick? Can you help me please?

Attached Files:

4. Agnul

Agnul Member

[QUOTE = "Enzo, post: 93873, membro: 39482"] ciao a tutti, ho comprato uno SMARTY con marchio ZIDOO X9S. Ottimo prodotto ma ho il problema di aggiornare dalla versione 1.3.1, come puoi vedere dalla foto allegata, alla più recente. Ho scaricato ZIDOO_X9S-v2.1.28-201907231810-ota.zip ma non riesco ad aggiornarlo. Devo prima passare ad alcune altre versioni? Il file di aggiornamento deve trovarsi nella memoria interna del dispositivo o su una chiavetta USB? Potete aiutarmi per favore? [/ PREVENTIVO]
    internal memory

5. Enzo

Enzo New Member

Tanks, for italian traduction. I have solved, and succefully upgrade. But now when restart device I get the UUID authentication failure error uuid, State illegal authorized (3), someone can help me?

6. Enzo

Enzo New Member

Only when connected to internet....receive this error. Please help me, this device is new and I can't use it. Tanks

7. Enzo

Enzo New Member

I must reflash device? Or need some configurazione server side? tanks

8. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

No, don't flash again!
    You could try to contact via PM a Zidoo team member (forum user "mirror" ? May be one that can help you.)
    They must register (again) your device on a Zidoo server... If I remeber correctly, they need your MAC address, but ask him, is better.
    If you search the returned error string in this forum, you'll find a lot of cases like your.

9. Enzo

Enzo New Member

Tanks PacoRabanne, but what means via PM?

10. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

PM mean Private Message.
    Are you a newbie ?
    Use the Search field on the upper right of this forum pages, write the user nickname, click the search button, under the "Matched Users" click the wanted user, and on the popup appearing click on "Start a conversation"

P.S. you are lucky, I come here rarely... ;)

11. Enzo

Enzo New Member

tanks a lot!

12. giangi76

giangi76 Active Member

As your device is branded Smarty (although it is actually a Zidoo X9S) are you sure they share exactly the same FWs?

13. szefo

szefo Active Member

New poster version 2.5.1 (the latest version from z9s).

1. Solve crash issue during the matching process.
    2. Solve the problem of recognizing ISO music as ISO video.
    3. Improve the recognition rate of files with parentheses in file names.
    4. Compatible with title of file name with "."œ
    5. Optimize local image recognition.
    6. Fix inaccurate automatic update due to the incorrect judgment of the video file.
    7. Solve the problem that the restore function of mobile phone control app does not work.
    8. Add function to view folder directly in device list.
    9. Add device synchronization function.
    10. Solve jitter issue caused by long device name when scanning device.
    11. Solve abnormal folder size display on folder viewing interface.
    12. Solve losing focus problem after stop scanning in the device list interface.
    13. Fix the issue that BD cannot be deleted.
    14. Solve the problem that non-Chinese and non-English titles could not be matched.
    15. Fix the problem that the poster modification from web page cannot select image on the computer.
    16. Category browsing by movies/TV series.
    17. Optimize accented characters incorrect sort issue.
    18. Optimize the initialization speed of the sorting tool.
    19. Solve the occasional crash problem on category browsing.
    20. Turn on PIP by default.

Attached Files:

korayus and dr4go like this.
  14. Emmanuel81

Emmanuel81 Member

Since updating to this Firmware I get a green screen when playing some 4K movies. I then have to toggle the power switch to get it working again. Never had an issue with Green Screen before, anyone else having a similar issue with this particular update?

Last edited: Oct 21, 2019
  15. mrgardiner

mrgardiner New Member

I am getting the same problem with green screen on 4K content. I am also getting pixelated content on part of the screen with H265/ HVEC content. This was working fine before the OTA update to 2.1.28. Any idea if this is fixed with 2.1.30? I wasn't sure about downgrading with the confusion over 2 different Firmware options depending on build date. thanks in advance.

16. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

I’m on 2.1.28 and have never seen green screen issue or any pixelated HVEC video. I tested it with complete UHD disks 60GB and more over network connection. No issues not even a skipped frame.

Why are you using KODI and not ZDMC? Unmodified Kodi will use its own player incompatible with Realtek chipset running in CPU/software mode. Start HVEC movie from Home Theatre or Media Browser and check. Default player is Zidoo/Realtek player supporting hardware decoding and acceleration of all common video formats.

17. Emmanuel81

Emmanuel81 Member

I misspoke, the issue started with FW 2.1.30 and not 2.1.28. Never had the green screen issue before upgrading.
    @ 3DBuff, thanks for the reply, but I'm only using local content with Home Theater.

18. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Ok :)
    Send a message to Zidoo tech support. Maybe you developed a glitch with this latest firmware .30. I’m on .28. There is too much negative feedback to jump to 30.

19. Vinny4K

Vinny4K Active Member

No green screens by .28 or .30 with UHD HDR or other format.
    Never seen any green screens on any firmware.
    Did you try a factory reset after upgrading? Else you can test another (certifited premium) hdmi cable.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2019
  20. Emmanuel81

Emmanuel81 Member

Thanks for the info Vinny. I did a Factory Reset and went back to 2.1.2.5. I also manually updated HT 2.0 to the latest version and now everything is running like butter. I tried the exact same movies that were giving me problems and now they work perfectly. Thanks for all the help my peoples!

Chevy1986chevy and Vinny4K like this.