Z1000 Review

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1296)' started by Zlim, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Zlim

Zlim New Member

So I've been playing with the new z1000 for the past 2 days. I don't use the music section or any other features for now.
    I will try 4:4:4 , 10 bit and HDR modes shortly as I need "better" hdmi cable due to the length ~33ft.
    Using latest firmware.

Positive:

- OS is quick and simple
    - Video quality is excellent across the board. Some small glitches here and there but it could be the files.
    - Audio quality is on par with other players
    - Boots up quickly
    - Decodes Atmos, DTS-X soundtracks fine.
    - It detected everything on my network on the first attempt and drive mapping worked perfect

Negative:

- No KODI support
    - Green light on the LAN port does not turn on.. (defect) ?
    - Poster wall is limited in views. List + poster would be a good option instead of just poster or File Manager Mode. With over 100 titles, posters become a pain to cycle through.
    -No filter option in File Manager. ex.. can't filter out images or nfo from the view.

Will update in a few days with new findings

Cheers!

Last edited: Sep 6, 2019
  2. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Z1000 not a KODI player. pls playing local video file via Native player.

3. Zlim

Zlim New Member

4. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Downloaded these, but play just fine using the native Zidoo Video player. No stuttering at all (Z9S with SATA attached HDD).

5. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

hello,

The videos are not smooth at times (example with the aerial view of the cathedral), but the problem is also present with the ATV4K and infuse pro.

I do not think the problem comes from the zidoo.

see you

6. Zlim

Zlim New Member

Watching them on my A10 or PC does not show this behavior. I'll take a video from the animals clip today and post it so you can see.