Zidoo Z9S problem

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by Techsavvyindo, Aug 28, 2019.

1. Techsavvyindo

Techsavvyindo New Member

Hi all,

My zidoo z9s came today, but i have a problem with it...

The display output continue to be blank and on for about 5-7 seconds (both on main menu or when playing movies). But no signal lost info on my tv, it indicates that the hdmi is fine.

Tried change the cable, change the port input, play with settings but still no luck...
    Is there someone have the same problem with me?

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Sounds like a mode switching delay on the TV - try setting resolution to 1080p and turning off auto frame-rate and auto resolution in video settings on the Z9S to test.

3. Techsavvyindo

Techsavvyindo New Member

Tried that already, changed the resolution and framerate option still no luck... And i already test it with 2 different tvs...

4. x9suser

x9suser Member

Please describe properly what you mean 'blank and on' 5-7 seconds?

What is the FW on your Zidoo z9s currently ?

5. Techsavvyindo

Techsavvyindo New Member

The video signal is lost for about 5 seconds and then its on/connected again for about 5 seconds, but for another 5 seconds its lost again (blank screen on my tv), and so on... Keep show on and off on my tv screen, both on main menu or when playing a movies..

I checked edid on my tv, only the video signal is lost, the audio signal is stay connected, thats why my tv didnt gave me "no input signal" warning.

I already try to change the hdmi cable and change tv also, the problem its still the same.

And FYI, my tv is LG OLED 65C8 and my soundbar is Samsung HW-N950.
    I already try to connect it directly to my tv or passthrough it via my soundbar, and the problem still there also...
    Firmware is the latest : v2.2.82
    Any clue?

6. x9suser

x9suser Member

If it's 2.2.82 then it shouldn't be the earlier black screen problems experienced by certain TV's using older FW.

7. Techsavvyindo

Techsavvyindo New Member

So what is the cause of this problem?
    Defective or faulty z9s?

8. x9suser

x9suser Member

As a test try fix the resolution on the Zidoo at 1080p 60hz. Don't forget to disable auto framerate and resolution for time being.

9. Techsavvyindo

Techsavvyindo New Member

I already do that sir, but still no luck..

10. x9suser

x9suser Member

If you have tested with two diff tv and produce the same problem, then better return it.

If possible try revert to Beta 2.2.56 or 2.2.61 to eliminate the 2.2.82 FW as a cause of the problem.

11. Techsavvyindo

Techsavvyindo New Member

Already return the unit, and now im waiting for the replacement unit..

Hope it will work well without any additional efforts..

12. Markswift2003

Fingers crossed - let us know the outcome...

Techsavvyindo likes this.
  13. Techsavvyindo

Techsavvyindo New Member

My replacement unit has arrived, and it work like it should...

Case closed, the first unit is a faulty and defective unit...

Thanks for the help

Markswift2003 likes this.
  14. Markswift2003

Excellent!

Techsavvyindo likes this.