Local fanart (folder / backdrop)

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1296)' started by xliv, Aug 5, 2019.

1. xliv

xliv Member

Hi,

I'm new here - I just acquired a Z1000 and am in the testing phase... So far, I kind of love it, the player runs smoothly on whatever file I use. Even the ones that did not work correctly on my PCHC. Plus it's way faster for BR folders than PowerDVD on PC...

I have a question on local fan art. I use Emby server, and it saves locally on the media folders a NFO file as well as folder.jpg and a set of backdrop files.

I found that, when telling the Poster Wall's scrapper to use local NFO and local folder image, the folder.jpg is always found, but the backdrop only displayed for Bly-Ray rips, not for MKVs.

My media folder is organised with independant folders for each movie (Movie Name (year)) under which there is
    - either an mkv file, or a BR structure (BDMV folder)
    - an nfo file generated by Emby server
    - the image files (folder.jpg, backdrop.jpg etc.)

The other finding is that it seems that if I don't use an nfo file, the scrapper will make a lot of mistakes - seems to use the movie file name instead of its folder name?

Many thanks - if there is somewhere an article that explains how to organise the movie library to have better results with the scrapper, let me know.

2. lic

lic Member Zidoo TECH Supporter

Our local image recognition is compatible extensions based on kodi, so the Emby generated is not recognized. Can you send me the unidentified directory structure so that we can better optimize the poster wall?

3. xliv

xliv Member

Hi - thanks for your answer.

Actually, I'm using Emby Server on my Server, and it scans my folders, when a movie is added (in its folder), it will scrap it and generate an NFO (which is Kodi compatible I believe) as well as folder.jpg and backdrop.jpg in the movie folder.

The directory structure is quite classic: The folder name is what Emby recognise, it does not care about the file in it:

\Movies\Avatar (2009)\avatar.2009.1080p.mkv
    \Movies\Pulp Fiction (1994)\BDMV + CERTIFICATE
    \Movies\Reservoir Dogs (1992)\BDMV + CERTIFICATE
    \Movies\The Usual Suspects (1995)\<random-file-name>.mp4

When Scrapping is done, here is what I have (and I give to Zidoo):
    \Movies
    \Avatar (2009)
    \avatar.2009.1080p.mkv
    \avatar.2009.1080p.nfo
    \folder.jpg
    \banner.jpg
    \backdrop.jpg
    \backdrop1.jpg
    \clearart.png
    \disk.png
    \landscape.jpg
    \logo.png
    \Pulp Fiction (1994)
    \BDMV + CERTIFICATE
    \Pulp Fiction (1994).nfo
    \folder.jpg
    \banner.jpg
    \backdrop.jpg
    \backdrop1.jpg
    \clearart.png
    \disk.png
    \landscape.jpg
    \logo.png
    \\ etc.

The NFO is generated by Emby Server in a format that is compatible with Kodi.
    Some more info here: https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Movie-naming

It seems that when it's a BR Rip structure, Zidoo will recognise it without issues. Indeed, since there's no filename, I guess Zidoo takes into account the folder name.
    It displays the movie correctly, with the folder.jpg from the folder, and with a backdrop that is scrapped I believe (I don't think the backdrops in the folder are taken).
    The movie displays with a correct IMDB rating.

However, if the movie is an mkv file, maybe Zidoo will try to guess the name from the movie file and not its parent directory.
    In that case, the movie still displays correctly, with the folder.jpg from the folder, but there is no backdrop. And the IMDB rating is at 0.0. Which means it was not matched correctly I think. It's only by re-matching the entry that I'll get a correct IMDB rating and a backdrop.

Another issue: when re-matching, I'm trying to put in the search box "Movie Name (year)", and this does not give any result.
    I have to remove the (year) to have a successful search.

Maybe I need to make sure that the file under Movie Name (Year) is named Movie Name (Year).mkv?

Many thanks

4. lic

Thank you for your valuable data, we will carefully analyze and solve the problem. This may take some time, we may not be notified after the problem is solved, please pay attention to our forum, we will take the lead in releasing updates in the forum.
    In addition, our rematch does not filter the year, mainly because we worry that the year interferes with the search results, because some titles also contain numbers, but the search results show the year. Well, we may review whether we should add the year filter.

5. xliv

xliv Member

No problem for the time. And I'll be scanning the forum as well as FW updates.

Regarding the year:
    It's very useful to resolve duplicates. Very important implementing an automated scrapping.

Is there a specific place in the forum where we might put suggestions for improvements and new features?

6. lic

Hello, we have optimized the local image recognition, and we are testing now, I believe that a new version will be released soon. But some of the mkv videos you mentioned are not recognized, can you provide a directory structure for one or two such movies?

7. lic

In addition, we filter the year when it matches automatically, but we don't filter the year when we manually rematch. We think that the user should list the most original search results when the user rematches, so that the machine does not interfere with any results, otherwise sometimes the machine has problems that will affect the results.

8. xliv

xliv Member

Wow that was fast :) thank you, eager to test it!

Here is a list of specific issues I've noticed.
    Difficult to list them all as for most of my MKVs, due to my directory structure, I had to do manual match as Zidoo looks the file name and not the folder name.

1/ random file name in folder named after Movie + year
    As I said, each movie is under a folder named like: Movie Name (year)
    The movie file itself could have a random name:

/Movies
    /The Edge Of Seventeen (2016)
    /backdrop.jpg
    /backdrop1.jpg
    /backdrop2.jpg
    /folder.jpg
    /asj2983ndalsjl21.mkv
    /asj2983ndalsjl21.nfo​

Right now, is it in automatic scrapping or manual, the folder name is disregarded, only the file name is taken into account.

In some cases, the file name could be:
    the.edge.of.seventeen.2016.brip.h264.1080p.mkv

But whether it's asj2983ndalsjl21.mkv or the.edge.of.seventeen.2016.brip.h264.1080p.mkv, the automatic scrapping will not work.
    Manual will propose "asj2983ndalsjl21" (user has to type manually) in the first case, and "the.edge.of.seventeen.2016.brip.h264.1080p.mkv", then "the edge of seventeen" in the second case.

Ideally, an option (or automatic detection) to say that movies are under separated folders would be the best.
    I believe Kodi has an option. Emby detects it automatically.

2/ problem with accents:
    I have many French movies. It looks like the accent in a file name is taken as an escape char or a separator.
    Ex:
    /Movies
    /Paranoïa (2008)
    /backdrop.jpg
    /backdrop1.jpg
    /backdrop2.jpg
    /folder.jpg
    /Paranoïa (2008).mkv
    /Paranoïa (2008).nfo​

The automatic scrapping matched it with Paranormal Activity, I was surprised.
    When doing manual rematch, I noticed that Paranoïa (2008) was then proposed as Parano, which makes sense for Paranormal Activity.

Btw, accents in beginning of movie names messes the order: "À la dérive" will appear at the end of the list, after Z.

3/ the (Year) is not taken into account in automatic and manual identification
    This is what you've implemented - it's great thanks!

Again, thanks for your fast fix, I'll test it and report back results.
    One question: I've manually rematched my entire folder, how could I test this, as I think Zidoo stores the manual rematch in the database?

9. lic

Thank you for the directory structure provided, which is very helpful for us to improve the match. There are also accent related issues, which we did not consider.

Regarding the year filter does not work, I think it may be that the title is not correctly recognized, but we have always attached great importance to the parameter of the year,
    we will re-examine whether this situation correctly identifies the year.

Regarding "manual matching", I think you may not discuss the same concept with me.
    Long press on the poster will pop up a poster menu, there is a item is "Re Match", this is what I call "manual match". The "Update" of the source list interface is still "automatic matching".
    It may be that our prompts are not obvious enough, but it doesn't matter, we will go online to a more convenient and intuitive editing system: Folder View.

10. xliv

xliv Member

Hi!

Thanks for your answer.

A question first:
    were you talking about a new firmware version or is that scrapping happening on the server side?
    If firmware, let me know what I should do to test it (I'm still on 2.2.82). So all my comments here are related to the firmware in my box. Just wanted to make sure this is clear.

No I think we're talking about the same thing:
    • By automatic scrapping, I mean both the initial scrapping, and what happens either when a change is detected and the source is updated, or when I go to the menu and update a source
    • By manual scrapping, I mean, as you, the long press on OK, and the re-match of movies.
    I tried again last night (I'm in the process of transforming all my BDMV folders in ISO files, noticed the load is much faster with ISO), and this is what happens:
    • When it's a BDMV folder, the automatic scrapping will do its job, most of the time successful, sometimes a wrong match. But it will match to something. I see it because the backdrop is visible when selecting the item, and when I long press OK, and do "Change image", I have a lot of poster and backdrop to chose from
    • When it's an MKV or an ISO file, the automatic scrapping does not do its job, I have to re-match manually systematically. I see it because no backdrop is shown when selecting the item, and even though information is displayed (title, poster, IMDB grade, etc.), when I do "Change image", there is only 1 poster (the one from the folder), and no backdrop proposed.
    My guess is that in the second case, the automatic match fails (maybe because my mkv or iso file is movie.name.year.mkv), and falls back to reading the local NFO file, and the poster from the folder. So there is no match to an online source, and since it does not read local backdrop, no backdrop is shown.
    I probably would have less issues if I had no local NFO, folder.jpg, etc.

Anyway, eager to test the new version(s).
    And again, I love the product!!

11. lic

Yes, your guess is correct. We are improving the match and hope to solve your problem.

12. xliv

xliv Member

Hi lic, thanks - yes I understood that. My question was whether this improvement will come in a firmware release, or whether it was server-side. Thanks a lot for all this.

13. lic

Generally, the firmware is released in the forum, and it is also possible to push the upgrade.

14. lic

In a firmware release.

15. xliv

xliv Member

Ok thank you.
    Then I'll wait for the next firmware release to test the improvements.
    Can you let me know where I should look for it? I've seen that 2.2.85 has been posted on X20 Pro forum only, is there a thread specifically for firmware updates?