[Solved]Forced subtitles still don't work

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by ladrodicuori, Jan 22, 2019.

1. ladrodicuori

ladrodicuori New Member

Hi all

Unfortunately Zidoo Z9S newest firmware still don't support the forced subtitles. I tried several UHD-ISO and UHD-BDMV-files (for example Inception, Jumanji 1 and 2, The Equalizer 1 and 2) and had every time the same result: No forced German-subtitles although I selected German-Language and German-Subtitles (off) in the Full-Bluray-Navigation-Menu. All the mentioned titles have got only one subtitle-track for every language. I think that is exact the problem, because Zidoo Z9S is unable to show the subtitle-text between the flags. There is only one option concerning the subtitles if you have just one subtitle-track: All or nothing! If you choose subtitles off, you never get shown any subtitles, not even the forced ones! [​IMG]

It would be great if the forced subtitles in UHD-ISO and UHD-BDMV-files are supported in the next firmware update. Because it is annoying to convert UHD-ISO and UHD-BDMV-files into mkv-files just because of the fact that only mkv-files are supporting the forced-subtitles!

As far as I know the same problem concerns Bluray-ISO and Bluray-BDMV-files as well.

Thank you for your help und understanding!

Best regards,

ladrodicuori

2. akan7

akan7 Member

Does works but only for MKV

3. Zwanzig

Zwanzig Member

For me it does not work even for .mkv files

4. akan7

akan7 Member

Your mkv sub must be "Forced track" Flag (Yes). You can use MKVToolNix to check.

In Zidoo quick setting, set the forced track to Auto.

gymnos likes this.
  5. Zwanzig

Zwanzig Member

In .mkv flags I have set to forced. But still - she did not.

6. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Setting Forced Subtitle Language and disable subtitles.

7. Zwanzig

Zwanzig Member

that's exactly what was done - and it does not work

8. gymnos

gymnos Member

Yes, the forced subtitles option doesn´t work properly, I hope the Zidoo team fix it in the next firmware.

9. valdemar68ru

valdemar68ru New Member

Forced subtitles do not work when playing Blu-Ray and Blu-Ray 4K. I very hope the Zidoo team fix it in the next firmware. This is a serious zidoo bug. On the Dune 4k PRO forced subtitles work perfectly.

gymnos likes this.
  10. AVenGER

AVenGER New Member

The forced subs are still not working even for mkv-files. Whilst HiMedia and even my old Popcorn Hour VTEN show the forced subtitles, Zidoo, even with latest .82 Update is not able to show them. It's a shame.

11. kayama728

kayama728 Member Beta test group

boh…
    it works for me

12. rondi7

rondi7 New Member

I'm new to the Z9S. One of the first things I did was check the forced subtitles (fst) on my rip of BD The Hunt for Red October.
    English fst work fine. As akan7 mentioned--check using mkvtoolNix that fst checked, and I remultiplexed it just to make sure.

13. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

The next version firmware will support Bluray forced subtitle also MKVs

14. AVenGER

AVenGER New Member

Thats good to hear. When will the new FW be released? Is this new FW also a fix for the other issue: freezing movies during watching via usb Port? other than that i'm really happy with the zidoo.

15. Phil Green

Phil Green New Member

It always makes me laugh (iconic) the way subtitles don't always work in media players, my go to disc checker is Star Wars Episode 1, no matter what format I rip it on to the forced subtitles never work, I guess it's because it's not the first track and there are other subtitle tracks for commentary.
    So how come when ripping software reads the disc it doesn't know what forced subtitle track is for your language selection and playback software doesn't know which forced subtitle track in your language.
    Put the disc in to a proper Blu-ray player there's no problem with the forced subtitle track, the Blu-ray knows your language so plays the forced subtitle track, what's going on in a proper Blu-ray player that a software player isn't picking up on?

16. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Can confirm this, but there are many many subtitle features on specifically Zidoo media players which Blu ray players don't support.

The subtitle support is the best I have come across thus far and I have seen plenty. Obviously there is always room to ask for even more/better.

Thanks!

Will it also support Dutch Subtitle downloads?
    http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...uages-in-the-subtitles-download-option.48961/
    English and Spanish do work correctly but still no Dutch unfortunately. May be the case also for other languages (nobody reacted)? No Idea of the why?

Last edited: Aug 25, 2019
  17. Phil Green

Phil Green New Member

Yes i'm sure Zidoo has better features and there are still a lot to sort out.
    I don't use Zidoo for tv episodes because it doesn't do that well at all.
    Some Blu-ray menu's still don't work, never has this issue with proper Blu-ray player, what does the proper player do that Zidoo doesn't?
    Things like this I hope will get better over time.

18. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Just read the review. It is all in there including those flaws signalled by you.
    http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...es-hq-music-dvd-bd-and-uhd-bd-playback.48237/
    I do update this review with major updates and I can assure there is real progress made.

19. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Hopefully fix seamless branching as well!

20. kam186

kam186 Member

Appreciate if can include chinese subtitle download also which is waiting since day 1.