FW 2.2.82 Online Update for Zidoo x20

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X20' started by Reelyator, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Reelyator

Reelyator Active Member

Team Zidoo, may i ask why this new FW is not communicated here??

Please provide details and Change Log.

If this intended to fix the Google Play Store Problem, then i can already tell you up front that it does NOT work....

2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

See Z9S for change log and my comments on those.

Google Play Store does work for me just fine.

3. Reelyator

Reelyator Active Member

Hi Nice Monkey: I do not see a post with Change Log for FW 2.2.82 in the Z9s Forum.

4. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

5. Reelyator

Reelyator Active Member

...a BIT hidde, yes, so to say.

I would have expected this to be communicated from the people who MADE this software.

@team Zidooo: What is the value in running a forum if you are not even able to communiceta your own developements???

6. VampireSlug

VampireSlug New Member

My big question is: will the screen saver finally work? I have a plasma TV and have to turn it off whenever I pause something so I don't burn the screen... super annoying! I'm going to load this FW tonight and see what happens.

7. Johnwoto

Johnwoto Member

There is still no native screen saver built in, i have an OLED which i do the same and turn it off, not tried that one in the advance settings which is garbage and never works so i wouldn't hold my breath on it working, surely a simple thing of a screen saver can not be hard to implement

8. Reelyator

Reelyator Active Member

...most likely not the answer that you want to hear: Forget about the rudimentary HT Software and use a real mediacenter instead. Kodi offers tons of screensafers and other features.

9. Johnwoto

Johnwoto Member

If you buy a top end media player then it should have all these little features on it, you shouldn't have to install 3rd party software. personally i'm not a fan of Kodi as you see that on them cheap media players. i don't like messing with the x20 as everyone always seems to have a problem with it. mine always works great and i don't get a problem with it.

10. chaddy

chaddy New Member

This update has broken my x20. Home theater keeps crashing after 5-10 minutes of playing.

11. steve m

steve m New Member

What ever happen to the cover art search ?
    I added 10 movie to my collection last night and the cover search got a total of 10 wrong, 5 where it gave them the wrong covers and 5 where it could not find any movie’s with that name, I mean it could not find and movie with the title John wick or an old title called IT,
    Now I know that the cover search has always been very poor but this is beyond a joke .

any one having the same issue or with any ideas on how to solve this