New firmware v1.0.36 for ZIDOO X6 release

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X6 Pro' started by mirror, Apr 14, 2016.

1. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

I suppose this time Zidoo is more conservative, and is waiting more positive feedback before release last update as real OTA.
    If it's true, you (as most of us) should appreciate this care.
    If your friends and family members are in hurry to update to latest FW, the manual update si the way, and is absolutely not more complicated then the on-line one.
    My trick to do a fast and easy manual update is to download OTA file directly by X6 itself through the browser, the file goes inside the "download" folder (standard path in almost all android device) and is veri easy to point to them instead that to an external USB pendrive.
    My 2 cents...

Rene Veen and nexy33 like this.
  2. bigpoppapaul

bigpoppapaul Member

Nope, no hurry, it was just a simple question about their intentions going forward, that's all.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2016
  3. HoneCharles

HoneCharles Active Member Zidoo TECH Supporter

Can you describe your problem morespecific. When us test we have found this inssue and solved it before release, Please tell me the NASkit whether or not running all the time? and which settings were gone?

4. kokobsb

kokobsb New Member

Hey zidoo so after upgrade I have a problem with the zidoo theatre it does not add and find movie info when I add movies from network attached drive or a usb I need to select and update each movie manually ,so I said I will clear data and cache maybe it will fix it ,instead it deleted my movies from my hard drive after I did the clear data part and strange the clear data amout was like 1 tb so yeah I don't know what happened it had deleted 3 movies from my hard drive when I did clear data.anybody can confirm?

5. nexy33

nexy33 New Member

can confirm prior to .36 update zidoo media would scan and match around 75% of my movies on my hd it now fails to match any

6. aimar64

aimar64 New Member

I can't use Airplay from Iphone 6s Plus 9.3.1 with Youtube app but I can use mirroring function.

7. neamielu

neamielu Member

@HoneCharles - I was on 1.0.34 (and I missed the faulty 0.35), everything was fine with NASkit until upated via USB to 1.0.36 (directly from 1.0.34). Right after install I discovered transmission was not running, so I went back to zidoo and I have launched the naskit app, which prompted me to reinstall, did the same linux trick with its sources, installed fine, launched fine, when I went bak in browser to check tramsission, all previously queued torrents were gone, also the download path was again to default and not on my external HDD, also the account for ftp from NASkit settings with zidoo logo was gone and the passwords too.
    basically it was as i installed it for the first time, no setting at all being kept. I hope it helps to debug asap, thanks.

- also, important - I was on 1.0.34 ROOTED, which I lost after 0.36 so I needed to re-root.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2016
  8. Migeye

Migeye Member

And what about the issues with kodi?

Thanks

9. Paulo Correia

Paulo Correia Member

This will be my first time updating firmware on my x6 pro. Will I loose everything, settings, apk's, kodi addon's? Also, I deleted xdmc, and installed kodi from playstore, if I update firmware, will it reinstall xdmc amd I lose all of my kodi addons/settings?

10. Bogdan

Bogdan Member

Installed, but HDMI deception not working, at least with HBO Go. Still "Please disconnect the external display to continue" message whenever starting a movie play.
    Thanks for the update.

11. Xoxi Xiola

Xoxi Xiola Member

Multi user is broken since 1.034 (or 1.0.33, can't remember). Any chance for fix? Once I switch to guest user or create second user, all zidoo's apps keeps FC all the time. Please look at it

12. Xoxi Xiola

Xoxi Xiola Member

So, follow these instructions.

13. Bogdan

Bogdan Member

Is this an irony? Or it needs further explanations for you to understand the issue. I would be more than glad to help you undestand, if the case. Thanks for the advice, nonetheless!

14. Leoben

Leoben Member

Support for special characters will be fixed? (Media Center)

Hungarian Subtitles. (ó,ú,ű,á,é,ő,ü,ö,)

15. mszune

mszune New Member

Hi I used the HDMI deception app to as you say use the sky online app (Sky Go) only to have a different message saying that sky does not support miracast, therefore how I resolve this by perhaps turning off miracast?

Thanks

16. sarantos

sarantos Member

if i do an update,do the settings erase on kodi?

17. spring

spring Guest

about the subtitle character problem, we will use open souce code to do this, and we will add time shift and set character functions on it.

Paulus likes this.
  18. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

AFAIK , no.

19. Paulus

Paulus Member

Great news about time shift. But with "set character function", you mean special characters support (Hungarian, French, Italian, Spanish, .... àèéòìù.......) ?
    By the way, they should be a "standard", more then "open source" o_O

20. mszune

mszune New Member

No....