New firmware v2.1.25 version for ZIDOO X9S release

Discussion in 'X9S Official Firmware Releases' started by mirror, May 5, 2019.

1. Heavymetal

Heavymetal Member

2. ludojackson

ludojackson New Member

Effectivement smba ne marche plus depuis quelques mise a jour...il faut dans les parametre de recherche de films dans zdmc lui indiquer le chemin de ton raiseau smb...exemple \\smb\pcfilms...( il faut aller dans "emplacement reseau " je crois)

3. JohnS

JohnS Member

I have a strange problem and maybe there is someone to help me
    I recently upgraded my amp to a Dolby Atmos compatible and installed atmos speakers as well. Now, when i'm playing a UHD atmos enabled disk, i only get standard Dolby Sound (no atmos) but when i remux the disk to an mkv i have properly Atmos soundtrack
    Has anyone else having similar problems? I hate converting all my disks to mkv

4. giangi76

giangi76 Active Member

Hi, I have the new FW 2.1.28 installed and just tried to play a couple of UHD BD ISOs with Dolby Atmos....NO problem...works as usual.
    Maybe you should try a reset.

dr4go likes this.
  5. JohnS

JohnS Member

Yes, thanks for the reply. I had changed the switch “convert Hd audio to 5.1” in quick settings-> audio but I also had to change it again in the Android settings as well. So now everything works okay!

6. giangi76

giangi76 Active Member

Ok, perfect! I just want to add that I did this testing via SMB...so to reply to the people saying samba doesn't work anymore: that's not true! ;)

JohnS, Miguel Freitas and dr4go like this.
  7. Miguel Freitas

Miguel Freitas New Member

Can you stream UHD BD ISOs with SMB?

8. giangi76

giangi76 Active Member

Yes, sure! No problem at all

9. Miguel Freitas

To which device is your hard drive connected? I´m thinking in sharing a 1 Tb hard drive to my X9S.

10. giangi76

giangi76 Active Member

I use a NAS...but I if I need I can also share on the fly with any Windows 10 PC or laptop.

11. JohnS

JohnS Member

Yes I can too, stream uhd Rips, i share from a synology nas with smb

Miguel Freitas likes this.
  12. Miguel Freitas

13. JohnS

JohnS Member

14. Miguel Freitas

15. JohnS

JohnS Member

Invest in a good quality brand like the above. You will never regret it. I just ordered my first 10tb drive !! It will sure fit a lots of Uhd disks!

16. Miguel Freitas

Is there any need for real-time 4K H.265 video transcoding version?

17. JohnS

JohnS Member

To be honest, no. You only need the server function of the nas. Transcoding is used when you don’t have a tv with media player. But more powerful nas is a faster nas. And when you invest in one you will end up using it for a lot more reasons. Check the comparison between different models. You will get the idea. I, bought it for streaming and now I use it as a torrent client, backup station, photo and music streaming and a bunch of other stuff. So look it carefully. If you want any advice, please feel free to ask

18. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Any network device with SMB drive and Gigabit connection should work with Zidoo. I have old WD MYBookLive drive, old MyCloud with external 8TB Seagate Hub and even old Raspberry PI 3+ with USB drives doing excellent sharing content to Zidoo.

19. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

Hi, where have you got 2.2.82 from?
    Thank you.

20. Vinny4K

Vinny4K Active Member

Sorry, I was wrong with the firmware update.