Announcement for 2.2.82?

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by leonkoum, Jul 12, 2019.

1. leonkoum

leonkoum Active Member Beta test group

Big files for me to, until now no problems.
    I am using Ethernet, check usb2 if you have problems

2. kabuki

kabuki New Member

I had the same initially after this update, now even 60gb files will play over network.
    Don’t know the exact reason it works now, maybe do a full shutdown?

3. Emphyrio

Emphyrio Member

Finally ! no more hang black screen with 24p 10bit 4:4:4 ! tks !

4. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

When having still instabilities try a factory reset. For me this FW is more stable as ever before with Z9S and even X9S.

Also have the experience that you need to boot it twice after any upgrade. No idea of the why.
    Maybe because the first time all APP's are updated to the latest version? It is doing a lot of things in the background.

Also updated my review:
    http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...es-hq-music-dvd-bd-and-uhd-bd-playback.48237/
    A few items still need some re-validation, specifically HT2 related.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
  5. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

In your review you say about seam less branching "This has the attention of Zidoo and it has improved over time.". Up to the previous firmware I would have agreed but my testing with this one seems to have taken a step back.

6. Nice Monkey

Difficult to tell, but for sure it has not been improved with the recent FW changes. Remains red on my review. For me this is the most urgent problem to fix.

Updated my findings on FW 2.2.82 as I made a serious mistake testing Music player 5.0 which turns out to have improved playback and now supports DST compressed tracks too.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2019
  7. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

I do think its worse. Last firmware there was a definite improvement as for some titles I really had to look for it. Now is really bad again where there is either a one to two second jump or even a freeze.

I have emailed Zidoo about this. Hope they take a look!

Thanks for the in depth review BTW!

8. kfpanda

kfpanda Member

could u elaborate? if pq has decent improvement, i will upgrade too.

9. x9suser

x9suser Member

I still have the official 2.2.56 beta FW installed. When I tried to update through online, it tells me that my FW is already up to date.

Why can't I update OTA to 2.2.82 like others are doing ?

10. Nice Monkey

Very strange if you get the OTA announcement? It is known to disallow downgrades or re-installs but a newer one should work.

Download it manually from here:
    https://www.futeko.com/newforum/index.php?topic=4092.0
    Install via USB next. That should work. If the same error pops up then an emergency ROM re-install is needed first.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
  11. x9suser

x9suser Member

Is it because I didn't upgrade to the previous 2.2.78 Russian beta release. Is it only the Russian releases will update OTA from now on ?

12. futeko.com

futeko.com Active Member

It's not that. The OTA update has worked on several boxes here with all sorts of firmware, going back to 2.1.30. However, sometimes there has been no notification of update for no apparent reason.

In these rare cases download update file and update manually as Nice Monkey advises.

13. Brad Scott

Brad Scott New Member

Has anyone run the HT 2.0 restore after updating to 2.2.82? After the update do you just re-add your sources then run the restore?
    I have a very large library with a lot of manual matches that I backed up.

14. kfpanda

kfpanda Member

hve some time today and took the plunge. installation via ota was a breeze. cant say i found any pq improvement though.

15. Nice Monkey

I did not see any PQ related items in the update list/change log (which is extensive). Not so strange not finding any. Stability has improved a lot as I haven't run into any of the old problems yet which were plenty.

PQ is not the problem with Zidoo FW's (except seamless branching).

Updated my comments (reply #15) on the change log/update list for FW 2.2.82 (was for FW 2.2.78)
    Like it even more now.

16. Luis Tocle

Luis Tocle New Member

Good day, can anyone help. Z9S just arrived today and I updated it with the latest FW 2.2.82. Installed the Playstore, and i cant still log in. I did the basic troubleshoting, factory reset, clear cache etc. & reboot. Still I cant log in. Can somebody help. Also reinstalling the PlayStore. Still i cant.

17. Jonesthegas

Jonesthegas New Member

Quick question. Does factory reset, delete your sources? Or will all your mkv files on NAS drives still work?

Martin

18. wilsonganks

wilsonganks Member

Doesn't this latest firmware gets an official announcement on this thread if it's a latest firmware ?

19. Nice Monkey

Last edited: Jul 30, 2019
  20. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Thanks. If you haven't already could you email Zidoo direct with your comments and the disks you had issues with? I have an ongoing email chain with them on this subject - among others. They sympathise but say they have difficulty re creating the issues with seamless branching (and poor menu implementation on some disks). I have examples but as the rips are between 45 - 65 GB uploading these examples is not feasible. Any info you can give them will help.