Player with DV, HRD10+, VP9, Atmos/DTS:X, dual HDMI out, 4KUHD iso menu navigation and Autoframerate

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1296)' started by Dmitry, May 31, 2019.

1. Dmitry

Dmitry New Member

Am I the only person who can't make sense of why media player vendors like Zidoo are releasing "flagship" products declaring "sophisticated" sound features like "DSD Native hardware decoder" but being unable to release uncastrated fully working uncompromised true top product that meet absolutely basic consumer needs, which any AV user is looking for in Android box in 2019, at the very least:
    - VP9.2 HDR
    - Dolby Vision and HDR10+
    - Dolby Atmos and DTS:X pass-through
    - 4K UHD iso Blu-ray menu navigation
    - Working Autoframerate
    - Dual HDMI out and HDMI In (desired)
    - HDD bay (desired)

What is the problem to make this TRUE flagship rather than feeding us with fake "top" products that always compromise something?

Zidoo, please listen to what consumers are expecting from the products.

Can anyone recommend Android media player that supports all these functions in one device, both released or expected for release soon?

Thanks!!

2. zarathoestra

zarathoestra Active Member

No, you aren't and there are many like us but there the limitations are in the chipset , due to the greediness of dolby studios that is another factor they are holding back of implementing a working Dv chip . For what i heard the zappiti branch is working on a device that should represent 90 procent of your desires (so they promised) due to release at the end of this year with a new realteak chip. So but like all politicians do they promise a lot and often we get less;)

3. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

I am not sure about VP9.2 HDR (used by whom for what?) but DV and HDR10+ won't work for sure. All the rest works just fine with Zidoo.
    OK some (UHD) BD menu's might not (fully) work but other points give no problems.

HDR10+ is still in its infancy and frankly what I have seen the differences with HDR10 are not shocking. DV is a problem caused by Dolby Laboratories which just wants media players not to work with it even if the HW can.

For me no deal-breaker in any sense as the next generation media players, AMP's and TV's will support HDR10+ also. No component does today for the chain I am using. HDMI 2.1 with all optional features is the true next generation for me not just HDR10+.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2019
    myzidoo likes this.
  4. looun

looun Member

- VP9.2 HDR work only with one device chromecast ultra and there are only some "demo" video
    - there are not any player support Dolby Vision or HDR10+, only OPPO.

5. Ovidiu Necula

Ovidiu Necula Member

or the chinese Oppo Player: M9702 V3 at 400$. I am already thinking to get one...

gymnos and Chirita Laurentiu like this.
  6. looun

looun Member

interesting... but Oppo is end of story no more support

the better choose and the future is "dynamic tone mapping" maybe with 3D LUT h and madVR ENVY

7. Nice Monkey

M9702 is a stripped clone Oppo motherboard, put in a simple casing and the hacked FW of Oppo is put on it.
    Somebody is making (illegal) good money there. No development/support/guarantee in any area and above all buying illegal/stolen goods.

Still want to go for it? Be my guest but I won't for sure.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2019
  8. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

When eventually Oppo support is dropped ie firmware etc for the 203 etc in the next year or so ......
    Then that may cause a huge issue .
    Unless someone takes the reigns but i doubt it .

9. Chirita Laurentiu

Chirita Laurentiu New Member

You are right ,but still a very good PQ/DV/HDR10+/perfect UHD-BD MENU/seamless branching/good audio/direct SACD ISO/Audio DVD ISO/ and on and on... :)
    Just a simple and efficient network folders browser.

PS

I own a Zidoo X20 player (in the past X9s) and Zappiti Duo 4K HDR (as a NAS now).

10. Random_Vibration

Random_Vibration Active Member

Dolby Vision requires fees and a certification process no Android TV box maker in this part of market is currently doing. To have Dolby Vision may block some of the open features (rip playback) to be closed off to protect content. Dolby might not want to certify this type of device. Besides, it is unclear to me whether the hardware can support DV.

HDR10+ also requires a certification. Zidoos are best for those who have content they want to play. If you want to stream DV and and HRD10+, streaming devices give you that option.

HDR10 is free for anyone to use and requires no certifications or fees.

If you need DV and HDR10+, this isn't the device for you. This segment of the market runs loose with copyright protection measures so don't expect all high end features to be supported. Limited content protection and full featured don't go together.

DTS-X and Atmos are supported in the same manner as it is on Blu-ray players. If you set it to bitstream the audio out to a receiver, you get DTS-X and Atmos. No player or Blu-ray play supports DTS-X and Atmos natively. They all hand it off to a receiver or sound bar to process.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2019
    myzidoo likes this.
  11. looun

looun Member

it's not true at 100%, some user report sound pass-through to the receiver is different with M9702 VS android player Zidoo/himedia/egreat.

DTS-X and Atmos are metadata and we know that not ALL player pass 100% HDR metadata, perhaps this also happens with audio.

12. Random_Vibration

Random_Vibration Active Member

All players capable of true bitstreaming can pass the audio bitstream. It isn't touching the content of audio bitstream, it is just passing on the data to be processed downstream. It could be they have other issues? There is a flaw in the firmware? A flaw in the content?

Some users "report sound-through to the receiver is different with M9702 vs Android player Zidoo". What does that mean? What is different? Does different mean not working? The sound quality is different? What exactly do you mean? That is vague and unclear. Be specific to what is different.

My experience is it is the same as using an Oppo UDP-203 UHD Blu-ray player in bitstream mode playing the native BD or UHD BD disk to the same receiver attached to the Zidoo.

13. looun

looun Member

exactly, "your experience" i can do the same questions:
    Are You sure at 100% there are not different? How?
    how can you test that "the sound quality is equal", How? do you have equiment for capure sound and compare?
    Do you have realtek SDK/debugger for check bitstream?
    Do you have SDK for debugger Dolby?
    Do you have SDK for debugger DTS?

pcristi likes this.
  14. Nice Monkey

Is it possible that sound quality varies using RAW digital out? Yes there is one factor of importance and that is Clock variance and jitter. This is influenced by the HDMI clock circuitry itself and the PSU (voltage for that clock circuitry must be rockstable). It also the reason SPDIF Coaxial actually may sound better than Optical (less jitter).

It has been proven that this can be heard not in the audio spectrum but yes in the pureness of the sound. As the standard clock tolerance may even vary from box to box this one is really hard to judge. Another reason to use good quality cabling too and why it might even be heard in the sound (it is not all just fuzz).

I expect the more expensive models of Zidoo to use better circuitry there but frankly I don't know. The new UHD2000 uses a Linear PSU also for the SOC which is good if sized properly e.g. 12V 5A+ would be adequate.

I am pretty sure the original OPPO uses good quality components for those but I am less confident for clones as it is very temptative to specifically save money there. The clone comes e.g. with a cheap brick type PSU.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2019
  15. AVenGER

AVenGER New Member

The problem about M9702 is, that there is just no way of using Covers/Posterview like HT 3.0 or Kodi. To me a dealbreaker. There is no way me going back to the roots, scrolling endless lists. The Clone also doesnt play .AVI files at all.

16. Techsavvyindo

Techsavvyindo New Member

From what I've read, himedia q10pro is capable of processing dolby vision...
    Is that true?

17. AVenGER

AVenGER New Member

They would be probably all capable to play DV content, the problem is the licence. As far as i know there is no android device that has the licence.

18. Techsavvyindo

Techsavvyindo New Member

So the final answer is himedia q10pro capable to play DV or not?

If android os is all about to blame, how about android tv os based (for example : sony) can process the DV content?

19. AVenGER

AVenGER New Member

Like i wrote: there is no android mediaplayer out there that can handle DV so the answer to your question ist: no

If your tv does support DV you will still need a device that transports the content to the TV Doesn't matter if it's android based TV or not.

In general: don't blame android. blame the high costs for licencing produced by the actors in the background.

Techsavvyindo likes this.
  20. Nice Monkey

Almost true: Dinobot players have DV enabled (all other Hisillicon based players like Egreat and Himedia can do DV technically but have it disabled).
    Smart TV's "Powered by Android TV" include DV and UHD Netflix. So does Dinobot running that same Android TV as the OS.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2019
    Techsavvyindo likes this.