Sound Problem DTS HD and Dolby True HD

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by venci, Jun 18, 2019.

1. venci

venci New Member

Hello, I have a problem with my Z9S.
    I have Pioneer VSX-915 that accepts Dolby Digital and DTS - SPDIF.
    The tracks sound in DTS and Dolby Digital are well recognized by the sound bar but the DTS HD or Dolby True HD runs out in PCM 2.0.
    [​IMG]
    Without any result.
    Could you help me ? Thank you in advance.

2. columbia

columbia New Member

DTS HD and Dolby TruHD can only be passthrough thru HDMI..

3. venci

venci New Member

Dоlbу ТruеНD іѕ іmрlеmеntеd іn ѕuсh а wау thаt іf уоur hоmе thеаtеr rесеіvеr dоеѕ nоt ѕuрроrt іt, оr іf уоu аrе uѕіng а dіgіtаl орtісаl/соахіаl соnnесtіоn іnѕtеаd оf НDМІ fоr аudіо, а dеfаult Dоlbу Dіgіtаl 5.1 ѕоundtrасk аutоmаtісаllу рlауѕ.

And in my case only out in PCM 2.0.

4. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

DTS-HD tracks contain a "core" lossy DTS track for backwards compatibility, so if you don't downmix HD audio, you should see DTS on the S/PDIF output.

Dolby True-HD does not have such a "core", so for backwards compatibility, a second fallback AC-3 stream is always included on discs and the Blu-Ray spec allows for this so the fallback happens transparently.

However, if you only rip the True-HD stream you'll lose that and without downmixing you'll get no audio.

The only way you'll see an AC-3 output on S/PDIF for True-HD sources on a device such as the Zidoo is if you rip the fallback AC-3 track and choose it at playback.

5. venci

venci New Member

Thanks for the reply.
    Still at home we are with XE8596, XF9005 and to them no matter the audio stream I've always received AC-3, DD5.1, DTS sound by S/PDIF. I bought Z9S for a better picture and got it. But Zidoo can improve the audio yet, at least I think so.

6. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Forget about S/PDIF as supported formats are very limited. This is from the age of DVD! If you want HD Audio you really need to move up your gear to HDMI by now.

columbia, DELUCAS and dcumpian like this.