Available: "Multiple languages in the subtitles download option

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1296)' started by Nice Monkey, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

These days many have multi national families today speaking different native languages like myself. Next to this most speak or like English as the new global language for subtitles too.
    That already adds up to 3 languages of preference not just one.

Would it be possible to add "Any/All Western" to the subtile download language as a preference?
    This should give all available subtitles similar to those found doing a search on e.g. OpenSubtitles.org.
    Please don't flood this setting with Chinese or other Asian languages.

I have another brand media player just doing that as the standard (no option to set a preferred language) and that works just fine.
    My guess is this is fairly easy to implement and will be appreciated by many.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
  2. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

ok.will do this.
    Can change the language in the download interface.

3. Nice Monkey

Thanks for the confirmation and also for the quick response. :)

4. Nice Monkey

Frankly I am using both regularly but can't confirm it is a better resource, just another good one. So consulting both would make sense to me only.

5. leonkoum

leonkoum Active Member Beta test group

I prefer OpenSubtitles.org...

6. Nice Monkey

@mirror Thanks for implementing this with FW 2.2.82 even better than asked for. :cool:

The change actually allows to tag all languages in Quick Setup one is interested in. These will next show where available when a download is requested acting as a filter. ;)
    This works great! Truly love it. Changed the title accordingly to Available.

A small warning: The filename is used as the search argument op opensubtitles.org be sure to only use the exact title. Movie Wall ignores some additional tag information but this search does not. Using the APP is probably the easiest way to remove any private tags added to the title.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2019
  7. kam186

kam186 Member

Hi above multiple subtitle function available now ?

8. Nice Monkey

Tagged English, Spanish plus Dutch subtitles, but in fact never found a single Dutch subtitle yet. I do see some Dutch subtitles on opensubtitles.org though.
    As a test used the movie "Tess 1979" https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080009 which definitely has subtitles to be found also for BD in Dutch.
    First tried with my default setting: 60 hits for English and Spanish but no Dutch included. Next only enabled search for Dutch and then "no subtitles found" was the result. ISO codes for Dutch are NL and NLD.

The server seems to have been unreachable for some days. A request for Zidoo to issue different messages for "Server not found" and "Search failure" as it was unclear what was happening during that period:
    - Server not found would then come out after a long time-out!
    - A real search failure takes only a few seconds typically !

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019