Simple method to transfer movies from pc to Z10?

Discussion in 'General - Guides and FAQ' started by Jenga, May 12, 2019.

1. Jenga

Jenga New Member

Im not tech savvy. I know nothing about rooting the Z10 and I can't seem to transfer files using this guide ( ) because I have no root path. I'm assuming because my new Z10 is not rooted. I have tried FileZilla but I am unable to write to Z10 internal HDD.

I can connect my Z10 via wifi or ethernet. Currently its ethernet. I do have ZDMC installed but that is the extent of what I have done.

I have had a wd live hub before and an appletv which had very simple file transfers. The Z10 does not.

I need a step by step guide from unboxing to watching a downloaded 4K movie.

Is this too much for a not tech savvy guy to do? If so, I will just sell my brand new Z10.

2. Jenga

Jenga New Member

I guess what Im really needing is the order in which I need to do things and then the guides to help me through the process.

3. Jenga

Jenga New Member

Is there anybody on here that can help me get my player working to where I am able to stream or transfer shows to watch?

4. Jenga

Jenga New Member

YOur Z10 is a piece of shit that doesn't do what it is supposed to do. I have had help on several forums and it still doesn't work.

Your forums and support are garbage. If anyone reads these forums and still buys that junk they are idiots. What a shame.

5. Placebo

Placebo New Member

Wow that escalated quickly...

Sure it can be frustrating to be unable to figure something out but you need to look at yourself with that overreaction.

I've just ordered a Z10 and it'll be here in a couple of days, transferring content from my PC over my home network to the Z10 will be a key thing I'll need to do on a daily basis for new TV shows so once I've figured it out I'll post here how :)

6. Jenga

Jenga New Member

It escalated because they have absolutely 0 customer service. Unfortunately I cannot return mine because 90 days has lapsed since my purchase because I bought it too early in my home theater build. I have gotten mine to play but only through an external HDD attached via USB or through transferring all my movies to an HDD through USB to sata cable and then inserting it into the players slot on the side. I can't transfer any files to the built in 1TB HDD. It is worthless to me.

I'd suggest returning it right away if you can't get it to work flawlessly and switching to a himedia or egreat.

7. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

i'm thinking z10 also has openwrt ? where did you get stuck ? they changed the interface so it no longer looks like in the video i made but the idea behind the settings are still the same
    1)connect to the local ip of the box in a browser
    2)find the SMB share settings
    3)make sure the HDD in the box has a mount path, ( should appear by default with path /mnt/sda1 if the system detects the HDD)
    4)turn ON SMB share, the connection should be done like in the video still

PM me if you still can't make it work.
    P.S. i don't work for zidoo :p

8. Placebo

Placebo New Member

It does have openwrt yes and for me SMB share was enabled, I noted the IP address of the Z10 on my home network, went to file explorer in my PC, right click, add a network location, put in the IP address and bingo it lists all of the disks (most are empty but obviously trial and error finds the right one if there's no other way to identify it)

upload_2019-6-3_8-59-51.png

9. Guido

Guido New Member