HDMI Connection Probem AVR and others

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by ZidooUser, May 19, 2019.

1. ZidooUser

ZidooUser New Member

I wanted to connect my X9S to a Pioneer AV receiver, which turned out to be a problem. Constant signal misfire was the result. Since I thought it is the AVR, if I connect it directly to my TV, as the problem does not occur. Then I bought a new Denon x3500h. Still constant signal losses. The Fire TV 4K works perfectly, no such problems. Various HDMI cables were tried.

It was then an update (2.1.22?) Performed without success. What I noticed then is that 10bit does not work anymore. I was able to notice significant banding. Previously I've had a light banding that could still handle. I then installed an older version again, believe the 2.1.11. And behold, the banding is gone. Now I have the newest version on it 2.1.25, without success. If you press Pause, it always shows only 8bit, at Output. This function did not exist in my previous firmware version.

What can this be?

2. videobruce

videobruce Member

The constant seems to be the TV. Have you tried another monitor?

3. ZidooUser

ZidooUser New Member

Have brought the X9S today to the neighbors, was connected to a Pioneer LX-701, he has a LG Oled C7. There are no signal problems. I have a cheap Oled Grundig vlo9795, maybe it's because. I have spoken to a TV technician, he says that if the X9S works directly on the TV then it is more on the AVR. Now I'm really surprised.

4. ZidooUser

ZidooUser New Member

I dont know why is 10bit not working for me with the newest firmware and with the old version(2.1.11) it works?

5. videobruce

videobruce Member

HDMI is finicky (thanks to Hollywood's greed). There are loads of threads all over regarding HDMI issues all all kinds. One would say, if the box is ok directly to the TV and not with a A/V receiver connected, it would be logical to blame the receiver. I would say it's a crap shoot which to blame more, the STB or the receiver.
    What other sources do you running thru the receiver? Any issues there?
    Have you tried disconnecting everything except the X9s that is connected to the receiver, same goes with the TV, only one HDMI cable running to it. Also disconnect any antenna or CATV cables.
    Do you have any other RF devices nearby?

6. ZidooUser

ZidooUser New Member

I turned eaverything off yes, ist doesnt help. Wlan-router and phone are close to the AVR(ca. 50cm) I will try to turn them of.

7. ivo123

ivo123 New Member

have the same problem with denon , problem was in the HDMI cables , I shot also a video so you can see it there cause I ordered some 8k 2,1 hdmi cables from china and those were shit , look in the links :

8. ZidooUser

ZidooUser New Member

For me, the cables are not the problem, wish it would be so. I have very expensive HDMI cables at the moment, have also tried others, to no avail. As I said, the Fire TV Stick 4K works, I watch Netflix in 4K with 10bit over the same cable! IT WORKS WITHOUT PROBLEMS! With this shit Zidoo is no 10bit with the latest firmware, not synonymous if I connect it directly to the TV. With the old firmware on the factory was on it, there is 10bit. That's just incredible! I sent the Denon back because the sound was much worse for me than with the Pioneer. Now I'm back to the Pioneer. Now I just notice that the original packaging of X9S is damaged, maybe the part has been damaged during transport. I am at a loss. The Pioneer AVR indicates that a new firmware version is available. I'm doing the AVR update first, let's see if that brings something.