Slow network speed

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by John Casey, May 10, 2019.

1. John Casey

John Casey Member

Hi

I am getting very slow file transfers from my win 10 network to x9s, maxing out at about 10mb sec.

My other machine receives at about 3 times this speed. Is there anything I can do?

Cheers

2. John Casey

John Casey Member

PS what speeds are you getting?

3. videobruce

videobruce Member

Wired or wireless?? If it is wireless, drop it an go wired!

4. John Casey

John Casey Member

Thanks for the reply

Hi I was using ethernet and have tried wireless also , makes no difference. I have usb3 attached storage and used to get about 30 mbs. I have configured samba.conf with recommended settings but only able to get about 10mbs in recent firmwares.

Also tried factory resets.

what transfer speeds should I be getting ?

5. videobruce

videobruce Member

I use the OpenWRT and it seems to work fine. As far as xfer speeds they way above 30M. This external USB enclosure, is it next to the X9s, I'm confiused with your setup?

6. John Casey

John Casey Member

Hi
    I am using openWRT with storage connected to the usb3 port or sata port results are the same regardless of how I connect storage. Windows 10 updates have made obscure networking changes which do not seem to like recent Zidoo firmwares

cheers

videobruce likes this.
  7. videobruce

videobruce Member

Good call.

M$ again has done wonders with their POS O/S making it worse with every new version. Time to visit a W10 networking forum.
    That's why I have stuck with Win7 Pro !

You can get a (not normally distributed) copy of "Win 10 Enterprise LTSC x64" (from 10/18) that is free of forced updates (the biggest problem w/ standard W10 Home & Pro) if you look for it. But, that will also require KMS 'activation' or similar. ;)

Why haven't you used OpenWRT? The only problem I had with it was M$. Networking (as usual). No problem with Zidoo one bit!! I was utterly amazed.

8. John Casey

John Casey Member

Many thanks for the reply

I have downloaded a microsoft network monitoring tool which I may be able to figure out how to use. If I find a solution to my problem I will post it here.

cheers

9. videobruce

videobruce Member

Why don't you just try OpenWRT??? You don't need anything else (at least not w/ W7)

I just set static IP for my X10 and the Network name to connect with the static IP of my main desktop PC (tower).

10. John Casey

John Casey Member

Hi

thanks for the reply
    As previously stated I am using openWRT on the zidoo and windows 10 on the l,aptop I am transfering files from

cheers