New firmware v2.1.25 version for ZIDOO X9S release

Discussion in 'X9S Official Firmware Releases' started by mirror, May 5, 2019.

1. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Since v2.1.24 changes
    System
    1. Optimized system stability.

Launcher
    1.Fixed occasional no focal spot problem of User Interface

Home Theater
    1.Added function that loading external devices automatically and automatic scanning switch .
    2. Fixed the problem that the post wall will match failed when stopped scanning manually.
    3.Added Focus looping function of left navigation list in setting interface
    4.Added Blu-ray navigation select box for match-failed movies
    5 Changed some UI of device interface
    6. Fixed the invalid automatic update of background
    7. Added function that importing previous setting after date cleared
    8.Fixed possible program exception error caused by cancel collection.
    9.Optimized searching way that the post wall will continue matching by first letter, and will show the movie with high matching degree first
    10.Fixed virtual Key Layout of searching interface.
    11.Fixed date no update when NFO matched films rematched to be TMDB films .
    12.Fixed invalidation problem of INFO key and POP key in third layout of main interface.
    13.Fixed the black line showed in the right part of the too long headline in second layout of main interface.
    14.Optimized matching accuracy of post wall
    15.Optimized interface display of main interface’ left pane .

Music
    1.Optimized accuracy of matching .
    2.Optimized stability .
    3.Optimized SACD matching and added matching of info files.
    4.Added matching function of album.
    6.Optimized analysis of album related information.
    7. Optimized music player stability
    8. Optimized date analysis.

Quick setting
    1. Added function of locking resolution
    2. Added 1080P23 and 4K23 resolution options
    3.Added play modes setting .

Player
    1.Added function that when showing video information the movie will continue playing.

Blu-Ray Navigation
    1. Optimized accuracy of Blu-Ray Navigation

HDMI IN
    1.Added sustaining record function when HDMI output turned off.

Model:ZIDOO_X9S
    Version:v2.1.25
    Download:
    http://apidl.zidoo.tv/X9S/v2.1.25/ZIDOO_X9S-v2.1.25-201904301225-ota.zip
    MD5: 030FE7AA34DAA1B92602DA36354864BE
    Upgrade method:OTA

How to upgrade

2. Vinny4K

Vinny4K Active Member

Thnx Mirror and Team, for another update.

Edit:
    Can you add an option to download subtitles only in the selected language. (Only English here, no Dutch!)

Can you add an option to extract an internal srt, so we have more options and no random letters and symbols after the last word of a subtitle line.

Can you add an option to switch automatic to 10 or 12bit with the correct color mode if the resolution is UHD.

Can you add an option to create your own custom movie list in HT2 in the settings on the left (Like kids)

Last edited: May 5, 2019
  3. circular

circular Member

After Update,
    Problem also no fix.
    i set hdmi voice off,
    first time open mechine , yes , hdmi to TV , TV no sound.
    but i turn off X9s by power off -stand by.
    after some time i open it ,
    TV have sound again :-(

4. Franconian

Franconian Active Member

Player
    1.Added function that when showing video information the movie will continue playing.

This is a nice addition

Other than that not a thrilling update for me (since I am using ZDMC and not Home Theater / Music), everything is working as it should like in 2.1.22, I have nothing to complain about.

5. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

I see options for locking video resolution / refresh rate ignore EDID tags in quick setup. I'm assuming this is to battle "Wake up - NO HDMI Signal" issue.

I have that on LG OLED. I found that if I put refresh rate to 24Hz (4K) under display in quick settings on previous firmware it would wake up properly for me. With this switch it should work with 60Hz. We'll see after few days. 24 to 60 Hz for Zidoo interface screen and Home Theater app is not much of a difference but with fast OLED screen I can see fast transition of posters opening up or a bit choppy slow frame.

6. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

@mirror can you comment on crippled Home Theater search function? How difficult is it to make it user/remote friendly?

1. Search function for Home Theater app. We need direct keyboard input to create search string. Just like ZDMC.

2. Numeric keypad for search needs some improvement. We should be able to use numbers on the remote corresponding to the keypad on the screen in order to cycle through the letters just like typing on the flip phone. Using arrows around to select number and arrows again to select letters is just annoying! Who came up with this anyway? Did he ever use flip phone?

7. godalmighty

godalmighty Active Member

yeah at last :D
    from the MD5, it just the same with what i`ve already have

for me fixing scan tv shows is my priority need
    and i dont understand locking video resolution for

8. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

If you don't have "Wake up Zidoo - NO HDMI Signal" issue you probably don't need locking video resolution. It won't make any significant difference to you. It only effects Zidoo interface screen with HT poster wall not the player when the movie is on.

9. blasiusx

blasiusx Member

Developers, Tanks for very much improvement. :) Now i can set the Next Page Buttons to skip completly videos while playback runs, and that the Zero Button starts the Video from beginning again, like it was before 2.1.22. I'm very happy with this firmware, good work and all runs fine.

My 4K 60fps home videos now run with 60fps. Again, much thanks.

The Only issue still exists with the slideshow gallery. Photos don't looked sharp (like strong aliasing is present = strong staircase effect on contours) . But Only in "Slideshow" Mode, in Normal Mode Picture Viewer Photos look beautiful (with different TV's and Resolution tested). Had feedbacked this to support, but no solution until now.

10. Agnul

Agnul Member

I put the new firmware but I have big problems the box turns off and comes on all the time, how can I remove this firmware and replace it with the 2.1.22 I had before and it never gave me any problems? I made a will remain in the factory but the firmware is still 2.1.25 how can I replace it? Thanks to those who can help me.

11. godalmighty

maybe not just that, i will test it next for my suspicion
    maybe you must go down to very previous firmware to do that
    using stock rom like 1.2.6 or 1.4.12
    its not a .zip file but .img file
    to flash you have to shutdown your device first then power up and press hold the reset button until the android robot show up
    but still DWYOR
    coz from what i read since 2.1.12 we cannot perform a downgrade firmware :(

12. blasiusx

blasiusx Member

Before you downgrade, have you tried to set it to Factory default settings ?

13. godalmighty

yes he or she should tried factory reset first before downgrading
    coz all in here using the same firmware and got no problem

14. mohamed75

mohamed75 New Member

Hello, my x9s i working with fw 2.1.24 i think it is beta, i got it from this link
    is it ok topdate to 2.1.25 or it will cause problems?
    was anyone using the same version and managed to update successfully?
    thx in adv

Last edited: May 9, 2019
  15. Agnul

Agnul Member

Yes I did the factory reset but the firmware always remains 2.1.25 and always gives me the same problem.

16. Agnul

Agnul Member

Is there anyone who can give me a guide on how to make the yield with the back contact? And the image file to do it?

17. szefo

szefo Active Member

What software did you have on the day of purchase x9s?

Last edited: May 6, 2019
  18. Agnul

Agnul Member

I do not remember

19. szefo

szefo Active Member

I am asking because on x9s purchased with software 2.1.1 it is not allowed to lower the software.
    Edit: Was it lower than 2.1.1?

20. Vinny4K

Vinny4K Active Member

I think you must flash your X9S again with this guide:
    http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/how-to-flash-zidoo-x9s-unit.2959/
    Then it's the same as factory installation.
    Image file is there also.

But I know that the new shipping of the X9S has een updated firmware (I also thougt 2.1.1), so I don't know if that is a problem.

EDIT:
    I read this:
    Beware.. if your box shipped with v2.1.1..
    DO NOT downgrade firmware below 2.1.1

Your box will stuck forever & no procedure available to recover it.. not with emergency recovery, even with usb uart ttl method.Zidoo dev somekind change the command console & blocked user to recover it.

I have dead x9s lying in box bacause of this.