New firmware v2.1.22 version for ZIDOO X9S release

Discussion in 'X9S Official Firmware Releases' started by mirror, Jan 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MLJiadi

MLJiadi New Member

Even with this new firmware, I have never been able to play 2160p HDR(+h265) files, it's always stuck on green screen, some +h265 with file size larger than 10gb are also wouldn't play(green screen). Is it something to do with the settings of x9s or the TV?(Sony HDR 4K TV).

2. SaskMedia

SaskMedia Member

Are you using a high quality HDMI cable? The one that comes with the x9s isn’t good enough to handle 4K HDR.

3. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

It plays for me full UHD Blu-Ray file structure in HDR +h265 with BD Menu over 80GB in size on occasion and I don’t see anybody else complaining. It must be something with your system. Check your storage source, try USB 3.0 port directly to hard drive, change HDMI cable, try it with your friends TV and factory reset if nothing else. Don’t load any apps after factory restore, just play movie.

4. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Zidoo supplied cable is short and works just fine with UHD most of the time. When you do have a problem this will be one of the things to try first.

5. godalmighty

godalmighty Active Member

when everyones here did not have any problem like you had
    you should tried to inspected what wrong with your device
    try to factory reset if the problem did not solved then its not a firmware problems
    take a look at your hdmi cable maybe its too old
    i had tried hdmi 1.4 cable and it just work with all 4k hdr contents even for 4k hdr bluray untouched

6. SaskMedia

SaskMedia Member

Ensure you have UHD colour enabled for your TVs HDMI port.

7. MLJiadi

MLJiadi New Member

My TV has got 4 HDMI input, only 1 supports 4K resolution. After switching to the correct one, the issue is solved.
    A BIG Thank You for all of you who have been so helpful, it is great relief to end the misery I went through the past few months.
    Thank you!

8. godalmighty

all UHD TV must have HDMI port for their input :D
    but sometimes only sone or more HDMI port got full bandwidth support, that mean for HDR contents
    some TV when got HDR contents automatically show notification ask you to change your HDMI input switch to full bandwidth if we havent change it

9. Vinny4K

Vinny4K Active Member

Any news about a new firmware update?
    Hope Zidoo will look at the problem with download Dutch subtitles.

10. godalmighty

i think they gonna give more attention to their Z`s series than X`s series :(
    hope they dont abandon X`s series already :D
    since 2.1.24 leaked from 4pda forum march 8th
    we dont see zidoo is gonna launch it on this site
    or they just got forgot :(:(:(

11. GoldBar

GoldBar Member

Zidoo has used us as beta testers for the x9s, and still some bugs are left. The product was definitely not ready to be released when it was ... now their attention is with the new product.
    For a high-end product I'm disappointed with the support and lack of communication. All the info and advise is provided by users !!!
    I will not buy another product from Zidoo again... for a similar price I can get the Vero 4K+

Tapatio likes this.
  12. Zigourney

Zigourney Active Member

The X9S was released at the end of 2016.
    I bought the X9S in January 2018, two years later, and it is working perfectly for me thanks to all you beta testers ;)
    However I also bought a Z10 and that's also not fully ready for prime time, and I am also testing out and reporting bugs for that, so for all those who buy the Z10 later down the line it will be working as expected.

At least things are getting fixed, slowly but surely.

13. robnix

robnix New Member

I have at least 3 recent movies where BR and UHD menus are not working properly or at all.

Into The Spiderverse UHD - no text on menu buttons
    Glass UHD - black screen
    Stan and Ollie BR - no text on menu buttons

14. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Zidoo we are due for firmware update!

1. Please implement patch to correct no display on some TV's after sleep mode from Z9S family.
    On my LG OLED I get no signal most of the time restarting from sleep mode. The player works but no HDMI signal to the TV. I can use phone remote and control the Zidoo without display. If I start movie playback I get screen working. It appears to be related to 60Hz display setting for Zidoo interface when coming out of sleep mode.

2. Search function for poster wall app. We need direct keyboard input to create search string.

3. Numeric keypad for search needs some improvement. We should be able to use numbers on the remote corresponding to the keypad on the screen in order to cycle through the letters just like typing on the flip phone. Using arrows around to select number and arrows again to select letters is annoying.

15. godalmighty

for me, again and again, a better scan for tv shows will make it better :D
    and i dont know how i should setting it so the scan result can automatically seperate from childre section

btw HDR to SDR is not work properly now :(

16. Ekul

Ekul Active Member

The latest HT in firmware 21.24 scans series very good.
    In 75 series only 10 episodes wrong.

17. Vinny4K

Vinny4K Active Member

I see the firmware: 2.1.24 everywhere, but not here. Why? Is it not stable enough?

18. Using it for a while. I don't see a problem

19. godalmighty

nope, mine is still suck like befire :(
    i scanned only 1serie, TWD complete Season 9
    only 8 episodes got right and complete result

20. szefo

szefo Active Member

New poster version 2.2.8

1.Added function that loading external devices automatically and automatic scanning switch .
    2. Fixed the problem that the post wall will match failed when stopped scanning manually.
    3.Added Focus looping function of left navigation list in setting interface
    4.Added Blu-ray navigation select box for match-failed movies
    5 Changed some UI of device interface
    6. Fixed the invalid automatic update of background
    7. Added function that importing previous setting after date cleared

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 27, 2019
    dr4go and godalmighty like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.