8tb Seagate Expansion to x9s

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by JeromeA, Dec 28, 2018.

1. JeromeA

JeromeA New Member

hello everyone... can i use 8tb external drive on my x9s through usb port? if yes, it'll be great. if no, is there any way i can use my 8tb? i dont want to open my external drive's enclosure just to plug it through sata of x9s.

many many thanks in advance for the replies...

2. TVBoxFan

TVBoxFan New Member

Yes it will work, this is the one I have on my X9S.

I use it as the storage for the recordings of my HDHomerun TV tuners.

X9S is also acting as my NAS shared network drive (OpenWRT) View attachment 3123 .

The HDHomerun DVR recording engine is also driven by the same X9S.

JeromeA likes this.
  3. JeromeA

JeromeA New Member

wow!!! im very very happy
    wow! this is a great news! im very very happy with this. i will try my 8tb later.

this is my drive
    [​IMG]

4. looun

looun Member

yes, but HD must have only ONE partition : Exfat , EXT3 o NTFS.

5. AMST

AMST New Member

Yes, working perfectly in my setup, WD MyBook 8TB connected to Zidoo X9S USB 3.0 port.

6. JeromeA

JeromeA New Member

guys unfortunately my x9s is not recognizing my 8tb. same result when i tried to plug it on my friend's x9s. is there any way i can fix this??

7. JeromeA

JeromeA New Member

already tried 3 x9s. but still same result. formatted the disc to all kinds of format. therefore i confirmed zidoo can't read 8tb seagate directly on usb ports.

8. AMST

AMST New Member

9. JeromeA

JeromeA New Member

i will switch to z9s. my 8tb is smooth on z9s. i've tried earlier today and im happy for the result.

10. gollygosh

gollygosh Member

OK I have an X9s and I had a similar issue with an 8tb usb drive until I realized that the issue at least for me, was the way the drive was formatted - if you format the drive using the Windows NTFS system, then make sure it is NOT adding compression to the drive. An easy way to check is to right click on the drive and then click on properties then under the general tab - you should see - "Compress this drive to save disk space" if there is a tick in the box next to it - then my Zidoo at least with the latest firmware as of April 2019 will see the files but will not play them. So make sure there is no tick in this box on the drive you wish to plug into your Zidoo then everything should work as it does for me. Simply speaking NTFS is a standard Android will play nice with and compressed NTFS is something it doesn't like.

Just an FYI and thanks to Zidoo for the best media player on the market :)