Howto Root a Zidoo Player with Android 7.x

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1296)' started by Reelyator, Oct 22, 2018.

1. Reelyator

Reelyator Active Member

After Updgrading my x20 to FW 1.7.8 beta with Android 7.1 Rooting of the Box does not work anymore.

To my Knowledge OneKeyRoot is not compatible with Adroid 7.1.

Could anybody (preferably one of the Zidoo engineers) provide a solution for this?
    Is there an alternative to OneKeyRoot???

колбаскин likes this.
  2. zidoo

zidoo Member SUPER Administrator

Will release a new version OneKeyRoot soon.

3. Reelyator

Reelyator Active Member

Thank You Zidoo, this is great news as without rooting the full potential of the box cannot be used.

Please Keep us posted about the Progress!

4. Reelyator

Reelyator Active Member

@zidoo: How is the new Version of OneKeyRoot progressing? And were will the apk be distributed for download??

5. Lony

Lony Active Member

No ROOT No FUN Team Zidoo !!

think about it

Lony

колбаскин and sprengbox like this.
  6. Reelyator

Reelyator Active Member

@zidoo: I fully agree with Lony.

1) Without Rooting the full potential of the box cannod be used, Therefore a update of OnKeyRoot.apk is URGENTLY needed.
    and
    2) The FW of the X20 needs some serious Rework to leave the beta status
    and then
    3) The FW shall be distributed as a FULL Image for flashing

Listen to the needs of your customers!!

7. Reelyator

Reelyator Active Member

@Team Zidoo:
    Again: How is OnekeyRoot for Android 7 progressing???

8. pcristi

pcristi Active Member

If can't wait for official OnekeyRoot, unofficial way to get root for Zidoo Z9S, Z10 of futeko forum.
    Don't try if you don't know what you're doing. Use at your own risk

9. Reelyator

Reelyator Active Member

Hi pcristi, thank you for sharing but this should come from Zidoo as a official Update/ New Version of their OneKeyRoot App.

I have zero motivation to try out questionable apps that might turn my 400€ "High End" Merdiaplayer into a useless piece of metal.

10. splintyg

splintyg Member

and one more question :p: what's a supertasks that root can help to solve on MediaBoxy? I's for movie and music (except the cases, when You have receiver, that dont' need boxes for music)

11. Reelyator

Reelyator Active Member

@splintyg: Sorry but i have no clue what you want to say. What do you consider a "supertask"? And what do you mean with "MediaBoxy"?? And what has rooting to do with my Reciever???

12. splintyg

splintyg Member

Let me try again. I think it doesn't have any sense to search for root when we talk about a device with certains narrow tasks: audio and video playback. Root access is not a criteria.

13. Reelyator

Reelyator Active Member

...wow, what a statement.

If all you want from your Mediaplayer are pre-installed Apps Then feel free to get lucky with what you have.

But what do you think:
    - Why has Zidoo developed OneKeyRoot? Because Nobody Needs it??
    - Why are the folks in the Futeko Forum developing their own root tool for RTD1296 Boxes? Just for fun??

14. splintyg

splintyg Member

...wow, what a arguments... It sounds especially "strong" when taking into account multiply bugs of z9s... so ut doen't do thotoughly its main job... Anyway good luck with root.

15. Reelyator

Reelyator Active Member

@zidoo: Again, when will the new version of OneKeyRoot for Android 7 be released???

16. колбаскин

колбаскин New Member

How soon?
    zidoo, Oct 24, 2018

17. Billmartian

Billmartian New Member

Any news already for the OneKeyRoot for Android 7 ?

18. Fatih Durmus

Fatih Durmus Member

Hi,

Last firmware has transmission 2.92 version. this is version is block list on my tracker. But v1.9.7 firmware has 2.94 versiyon. So I am using this firmware. But I want to use last firmware.
    I want to use transmission 2.94 versiyon on last firmware. How can I install it. I tried a lot methot but I couldnt it.
    Maybe I need root but I am not sure
    I hope you understand me. Please assist me. Thank you.

19. Reelyator

Reelyator Active Member

Dear Fatih,
    sorry but it is REALLY hard to understand what your question is.

If you want to update the Firmware of your Zidoo x20 then just follow the "How to flash x20" instrution from the Zidoo Support Website. After that, download the latest firmware from this forum (2.1.30 stable or 2.1.40beta), put it on a usb stick and update from the settings menue of your x20.

20. Nicolae Tuns

Nicolae Tuns New Member

Hi all, new Z10 owner here - what advantages would rooting give me as opposed to a non-rooted device? Thank you very much beforehand!