Freeze while shutting down

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X20' started by SAMDestroy, Mar 19, 2019.

1. SAMDestroy

SAMDestroy New Member

Hello,

is there a known condition where shutting down can result in freezing the device ?

i know it can freeze while shutting down if the hdd is in wrong format but thats not the case in my situation.
    my hdd has one volume formatted in gpt-ntfs.

it will only freeze sometimes but i have no clue whats causing it.

im using firmware 2.1.40. newly installed, factory setup, default configuration and no extras installed.

X20 main hdmi is connected to my denon x4500h amp and the amp is connected via arc to my q9fn samsung tv. secondary hdmi port is not used.

thanks for reading

gymnos likes this.
  2. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

I had similar issue on X9S. I had shutdown freeze with the clock on the front display. This was caused by USB thumb drive with file error. Checking and resetting the USB drive on PC fixed my problem.

Second issue for me is the sleep mode. Quite often X9S will have HDMI port off with TV reporting no signal when coming out of sleep mode. Zidoo still works and I can remotely access dries just no display. Using sleep and wake up again corrects this issue most of the time. On occasion I need to use power switch on the back to get HDMI working again. Zidoo is directly connected to the TV with one single cable.

3. SAMDestroy

SAMDestroy New Member

Hello,

i was scanning my hdd in windows 10 but there was no error. today i had a crash while leaving the BD Iso Menu from a movie i have... so its pretty random and really not often but i do ask me whats causing it and how can i solve it.

i dont use sleep mode btw

4. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Maybe there something going on with he hard drive. Try a different one to be sure. Contact Zidoo help if this is not hard drive related. Maybe something with your player hardware.

5. SAMDestroy

SAMDestroy New Member

Hello again,
    my hdd is ok and in good condition. i found out that if i use the samba share (copy files to it) i get mostly later a freeze while shutdown the device.

@zidoo
    is there maybe a samba template i can use to improve it or make it more stable?

6. SAMDestroy

SAMDestroy New Member

just to let you know. my unit was broken. i got a new one and the freezes are gone