New firmware v2.1.40 beta version for ZIDOO Z9S release

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by mirror, Jan 24, 2019.

1. LurkerXS

LurkerXS New Member

Is there planned fix for the lack of forced subtitles?

2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Got indications that they are working on it.

3. Miguel Ramos

Miguel Ramos Active Member

With me happens the same. My Z10 is connected to a epson TW9400 and with 10 bits 4:4:4 the Hdmi blanks appear randomly. If the zidoo z10 has settings 8 bits 4:4:4 no issues.

4. Miguel Ramos

Miguel Ramos Active Member

Me too. I have a Z10 connected to the TW9400 with the same problems. I hope that Zidoo fix this soon

5. vman

vman Member

I am experiencing the pink/green screen, along with random freezes on 4K movies. This is not ready for prime time.
    I have not experienced any of this on my X9S. What a waste of money. Extremely disappointed.

6. testphase

testphase New Member

I also have random freezes.
    i don't have pink or green screen, maybe because i only use normal remux 4k hdr file. but i also habe this random video freezes. it is random, you don`t know what triggert this freeze

7. vman

vman Member

No, I have no idea what causes them. They just happen at random.

8. Nice Monkey

Have major problems with this release. Backed-out to FW 1.9.7 which required me to do an emergency flash to FW 1.7.8 first as this release does not allow downgrades. Not very smart in my opinion specifically with a Beta version.

9. xton

xton New Member

This firmware freezes the mkv and takes me to the zidoo menu. 4K movies sometimes sound disappears for a few seconds.
    I do not know how they could have downloaded such a bad and safe firmware without having previously tested it.

10. Nice Monkey

This probably is a real Beta not to call it an Alpha seen the FW numbers. My advice stay away from it till something better comes out.

xton likes this.
  11. nikparf

nikparf New Member

Nice Monkey, thank you for reply!
    I tried it right after I noticed the lack of Bluray menus. It didn't help.
    Do you know whether I can change anything in settings?

12. ladrodicuori

ladrodicuori New Member

Where are these indications from? Zidoo itself? We are in the year 2019 and the forced subtitles problem isn't solved so far. It's really annoying.
    Is this matter so hard to fix? The Zidoo Z9S is really a good mediaplayer. But would Zidoo Z9S support Dolby Vision and forced subtitles if you play ISO- or BDMV-files it would be the best mediaplayer ever in the whole world!

13. Nice Monkey

Subtitles is being worked on (indeed Zidoo told me so) and Dolby Vision is a license/cost issue and probably won't come ever. Even my Philips TV lacks DV for that reason.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2019
  14. Nice Monkey

There is a setting for playback preference: Ask always, play main title or BD-Menu

nikparf likes this.
  15. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I think that with all the restrictions on application and the licence fees that Dolby impose, consumer DV will only ever be a curiosity that will probably fall by the wayside as processors and displays move to dynamic tone mapping based on the content rather than relying on metadata.

16. Wim67

Wim67 New Member

Nice Monkey how do you make a emergency flash?

17. Nice Monkey

Last edited: Mar 26, 2019
  18. ladrodicuori

ladrodicuori New Member

Good to know concerning the forced subtitles problem. Thank you! Do you probably know when we can expect the next firmware update? In the next days, in the next weeks or in the next months?

19. Wim67

Wim67 New Member

20. SXRD

SXRD New Member

Problema con Z9S,anche a me capita ad un certo punto con gli hard disk,,un film che sta leggendo non arrivi neanche alla metà si blocchi e Z9S si riavvi..
    Speriamo bene in un nuovo FW,in maniera che si possa risolvere..L'apparecchio è molto valido sotto molti punti di vista,,avendo un VPR come il Sony sxrd HW45ES..
    i