Black screen 10 bits

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by Gonzalo Bouzas, Jan 15, 2019.

1. x9suser

x9suser Member

Forcing a 23.976 movie to play at 50 hz or 60hz is not the solution unless you are one of those who can't see stuttering.

2. Bob.Dxb

Bob.Dxb New Member

Again I will repeat: Refresh rate,or anti flicker, is about matching it to your country's power supply cycle rate, and your other equipment's refresh rate."

So by fixing or forcing your Z9S at 24hz, it can't match your front end's (AVR or TV) cycle. Hence the intermittent black screen because it's trying to "catch up". So "we" the users, have to specify to the Z9S unit what is the cycle rate of our other equipment, so it will output the signal correctly. You are creating for yourself a mismatch by fixing it at 24hz.

3. x9suser

x9suser Member

Don't come back here complaining when you start watching a movie that keep struttering especially those panning scenes.

4. mattmarsden

mattmarsden Active Member

I can’t believe anyone would be misinformed enough to come and write this on a public forum. This is why forums are dangerous, people will read this and believe it.

5. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Good grief!

Sorry, but you are so wrong that you're not even wrong. You are talking about something completely different.

Comparing AC Power frequency and framerate is like talking about the Cuban Missile Crisis having a cup of tea.

What do you thing the very fist thing these devices do to the AC????

6. Bob.Dxb

Bob.Dxb New Member

Son
    You can't believe it eh. So what is your explanation about refresh rates? And why you get a black screen by fixing your z9s output setting at 24hz??

7. x9suser

x9suser Member

Why are you changing the subject. The black screen is just a compatibility bug in the FW, that is triggered by a combination of settings , not just 24 hz. It will eventually be fixed by Zidoo team.

Weren't you going on and on about something else besides the black screen?

8. Bob.Dxb

Bob.Dxb New Member

I'm not changing the subject but addressing the issue at hand with an explanation of why you are creating a problem for yourself.

9. Bob.Dxb

Bob.Dxb New Member

Oh boy!!! you clearly have limited understanding of what refresh rate cycles are for! Why do you think there is 24/50/60hz in the video industry in the first place!! If you are not in the technical field go google it to be informed properly. And this is a friendly advice.

Your country's AC power has A LOT to do with frame rates and COMPATIBILITY, it is very relevant because it determines the spec of your other equipment in the chain.
    This is not about the conversion from AC to DC!
    Your Z9S has to "communicate properly" with other equipment downstream, in this case your AVR or TV which has a refresh rate cycle of its own, and most electronics spec'd for international market have 100v-230v 50hz/60hz cycles. By forcing the Z9S to a 24hz YOU ARE CREATING A MISMATCH that results in the interruption of signal.
    The software in the Z9S will process and decode from the input files, but you must tell it of the CORRECT OUTPUT. It does not have control of the refresh cycle rates of your AVR or TV. Understanding how software and hardware works and communicates with each other will avoid you all these issues.

10. x9suser

x9suser Member

Just go change your resolution to 1080p 24 hz.

It won't give a black screen. Then come back tell me again why I can't ever use 24p on a modern led 50 hz or 60 hz TV.

11. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Oh, good lord, he's everywhere!

New firmware v2.1.40 beta version for ZIDOO Z9S release

gymnos likes this.
  12. ikkjr

ikkjr New Member

I've no problem with 4K/24Hz/HDR/10 bits with My TV hdmi set to Mode 2 (Accept High Color).

My devices are Z9S, Marantz SR8012, Panasonic DX900 TV.

Maybe the Z9S is not compatible with certain display !?

13. x9suser

x9suser Member

There are others like you who don't have the problem. Just have to wait and see if Zidoo can find the solution for unlucky us.

I have the X9S too, and I just connect the HDMI cable with the same exact same settings as the z9s and everything works flawless.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
  14. Johnny2woody

Johnny2woody New Member

Guys, try unplug and plug hdmi right after framerate switch .
    I haven't seen any black screen after this even turned framerate switching on .

15. x9suser

x9suser Member

Worth a try. Will do later.

16. x9suser

x9suser Member

Didn't work for me.

I suggest you check on your TV side what resolution/ refresh rate it is using after plug / unplug. For me, when didn't work I tried another way. Just before I clicked play , I unplugged the HDMI first. Then I pressed the remote to play the movie, and only after that I plugged back the cable.

At first I thought it was working, then I checked the TV info and it showed the Z9S had defaulted to the manual settings resolution/refresh rate and not the Auto frame rate of 4k 23.976. It appears it just defaulted to the manual settings when it couldn't detect a TV signal.

So no it didn't work for me.

17. Johnny2woody

Johnny2woody New Member

Maybe u should try disabling auto switching and set the resolution to 2160p 23 mhz manually

18. ikkjr

ikkjr New Member

I used to own an Zidoo X9S & if I remember correctly, it works fine with NFS protocol v3 but my new Z9S can only work with NFS V2!

Unfortunately, it seems that the older machine's firmware is more mature than the new one :(

Hope that Zidoo can roll out a new firmware that can fix your problem.

19. x9suser

x9suser Member

Like I said I already tried that , didn't work. That's why I tried 2nd method playing a movie . Didn't work also. But then I am still on 2.1.30 official FW. Not on beta 2.1.40 yet.

20. Johnny2woody

Johnny2woody New Member

I meant manually set to 2160p23 and do the unplug and plug trick