New firmware v2.1.22 version for ZIDOO X9S release

Discussion in 'X9S Official Firmware Releases' started by mirror, Jan 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FrobozzWiz

FrobozzWiz New Member

I had a similar problem yesterday. It seems like Zidoo is blocking anyone on a VPN as I had to disconnect before I could access zidoo.tv

2. FrobozzWiz

FrobozzWiz New Member

The Netflix app on the play store seems to list android TV boxes as unsupported devices. After a ton of searching around I discovered that Netflix has an older version that works. It is buried in their help system --> https://help.netflix.com/en/node/57688

3. FrobozzWiz

FrobozzWiz New Member

The Kodi forums always have great reviews on various hardware. They even tend to keep them updated as newer firmwares are released. This one was updated very recently --> https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=291943

4. lucabis

lucabis Member

Hi all I checked the cables one is unbranded, the other is G & BL. Thinking it might be the cables, because x9s is set for 2160p resolution so it might be that the cables are not 4k. However I will do the tests you have recommended.

5. lucabis

lucabis Member

Another thing I noticed is that when the x9s is turned on in the main screen you see pixels of various colors for a few seconds and then disappear. These happen very rarely during movies.

6. lucabis

lucabis Member

Maybe I discovered the problem the sound bar has an advanced menu and must activate mode 1 of 4k by default the 2 is enabled (in mode 1 is specified to use an 18gbs cable) this evening I try.

7. SaskMedia

SaskMedia Member

The pixels or sparkle you are seeing is telling me that there isn't enough bandwidth available to send a stable audio/video signal. I had a similar problem with my Apple TV 4K and had to replace my cable.

DaMacFunkin likes this.
  8. godalmighty

godalmighty Active Member

i just realize all my 4k contents even for low bitrate got skipping audio :( only for HDMI out and only if you use auto switch
    its not happening with the previous firmware

9. SaskMedia

SaskMedia Member

Are you using the cable that came with the Zidoo? If so it’s not 4K compatible.

10. godalmighty

godalmighty Active Member

no, the cable cames with the box is useless
    i'm using hdmi2.0b cable, Vention

edit:
    suprising, after i change my hdmi cable, using unbranded cable that came from my other tv box that is cheaper, it work fine

Last edited: Feb 24, 2019
  11. filip kenens

filip kenens Member

I can't download any subtitles within zidooplayer,always get download failes,anybody else with this problem ?

12. burton

burton Member

same problem here

13. filip kenens

filip kenens Member

Then they should fix it.

14. burton

burton Member

Definitely THEY MUST FIX IT because it is a very important feature!

15. pirloui

pirloui New Member

16. SaskMedia

SaskMedia Member

That doesn’t happen to me. Does your TV support HDR? Additionally you can try setting the colour range to limited and ensure UHD deep colour is enabled on the HDMI port Zidoo is using

17. pirloui

pirloui New Member

No, my TV does not support hdr.
    I already tried a lot of settings (8,10,12 bit, color space 0-255 and 16-235, 4.4.4, 4.2.0 ...). I also tried to change hdmi cable.
    Everything is plugged into my amp marantz.

18. Gordon888

Gordon888 New Member

YouTube cannot play 4k60 videos

19. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

Plug it directly into your TV and bypass the receiver completely and see what you get....

20. SaskMedia

SaskMedia Member

Did you disable hdr on the Zidoo? It’ll attempt to do an HDR to SDR conversion. When I had mine connected to my old non-hdr 4K tv I ended up downloading SDR 4K versions of movies because the conversion sometimes didn’t work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.