New firmware v2.1.22 beta version for ZIDOO Z9S released

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by mirror, Dec 31, 2018.

1. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

No idea if its poss your hdmi lead ?
    But previous audio drop outs playing back 4K was due to hdmi leads quality not being able to handle it .

As in you req a Certified Quality 4K hdmi 2.0 lead .

If you use one then its not that .

2. Theeraphon

Theeraphon Member

I don't think it's the cable because all the cables I use are 2.0 and one of them is brand new fiber optic HDMI cable. But I will try swap them around because I got many spare cables and see what happens.

Thanks for your suggestion.

3. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

I had constant green screens and reboots with a 1080p hevc 7.1 channel aac file last night? The file plays fine on my LG B7 oled, x9s and Fire TV 4K stick, may have to go back to 1.8.1 beta that was fine...
    Is this forum being monitored or is there a beta forum to post faults?

4. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

The best way to report issues is to service@zidoo.tv but you need to be very specific.

"I had constant green screens and reboots with a 1080p hevc 7.1 channel aac file last night" for example, will not do, you need to be very specific about the symptoms and the conditions under which they manifest.

Offer to provide a copy of the file or include a link and specify timecodes at which issues occur. If they do not occur at specific timecodes then specify intervals, if not specific intervals then approximate intervals.

Give them as much information about the issue you can and be concise.

In order for a dev to fix an issue, they need to be able to reproduce it in house to figure out why it's happening.

5. Theeraphon

Theeraphon Member

Luckily I don't experience any reboot so far with new firmware. But my problematic file (green screen) has DD5.1 track and it happens from the beginning, i.e. pressed play and got green screen right away.

My box had been upgraded straight from 1.7.8 to 2.1.22, never tried other firmware in between.

DaMacFunkin likes this.
  6. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

Same here my green screen is straight from the beginning, the problem I have had with Zidoo in the past when I first got the x9s over 2 years ago is providing them with files which are obviously big, even parts of files mirror said they couldn't download from my upload location, I really think they need a better faster server for this sort of thing.

7. J.K.uploaden

J.K.uploaden Member

No, just your imagination. There is no improvement.

Just tested with the The Equalizer 2 Blu-ray ISO, retribution mode (12 segments making-of/behind-the-scenes/commentary occasionally cut into the movie).

A break each time, with complete loss of audio signal. :mad:

Playback is not seemless at all!

8. Kulawka2

Kulawka2 New Member

Hello, in new firmware is a problem when you going to HDMI IN and on right bottom corner are" plus" "clock" and settings when you try press the clock HDMI IN app stopped working.

9. thrang

thrang Member

Branching glitches till exist. Why do they add all these stupid little features and don't fix the major issues? Dumb.

10. PSP

PSP New Member

Got the same problems with the annoying green screens at BluRays. 4K playback with audio drops and stuttering. Tested different cables doesn‘t make any difference. Don’t know if some other units work better or this has to do with bad hardware builds?

Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
  11. DELUCAS

green flash a moment on boot up though experiencing then settles etc

Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
  12. PSP

PSP New Member

Didn‘t change anything on the pre-installed apps, that can‘t be the reason for the green screens. Thats why I‘m suspecting hardware tolerances quality (synch) problems, which they try to get it sorted with their firmware updates. Others got less problems than the others....

13. Kulawka2

Kulawka2 New Member

Hi and also when do you recording you can see video it's not perfect you can see video is stopping for ms it's not smooth.

14. akan7

akan7 Member

15. splintyg

splintyg Member

Just a two cents from me. When i migrated on 1000 homework and moved USB-HDD from local box usb port to SMB NAS, i got a much smoother playback of 4k movies... It didn't solve any problem, but everything became much better...

16. DELUCAS

Its normally sync / hdmi comunications before it settles i find but 2.1.30 is more stable .
    Getting settings correct helps huge on all hardware . Screen / receiver / hdmi certified 4K cable .

But later software is helping huge .

17. Fatih Durmus

Fatih Durmus Member

hi friends,
    I think link is dead. It is being network error. can anybody upload somewhere.
    Thank you.

18. Maul

Maul New Member

How to fix zidoo z9s do not open bluray full menu after factory reset ? Anyone can help me ? Plizzz :(

19. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

This is a post in out of date beta firmware thread.

v 2.1.40 is the latest beta. Install that and try again. However the Z9S does have issues with full menu playback. Some will straggle and some will just not play at all. Hopefully the next release will improve the hit rate.

20. nikparf

nikparf New Member

I have the same problem!
    No one on this forum knows how to bring Bluray menus back. All of them have the same answer, all of them will be telling you that you should upgrade.
    I know for sure: upgrade to new firmware (both the latest or the older one) won't fix it.