New firmware v1.9.7 beta version for ZIDOO Z9S released

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by zidoo, Nov 22, 2018.

1. Phill

Phill New Member

I just updated to the beta 1.9.7, but now the box randomly shows a green screen, then goes black and nothing works, until restarting it..............any one else getting this ?

pcristi likes this.
  2. FingersDLP

FingersDLP New Member

Exiting 3D playback does not reset the selected output mode

I have the Z9S with 1.9.7 beta firmware. I have it set to NOT match frame rate or resolution and just set it to 3840x2160p output. I also have SDR to HDR conversion enabled.

My Z9S switches to 1080p24 and plays the 3D MVC content via MKV or ISO great. However when this 3D playback is exited the Z9S does not go back to 3840x2160p mode I had previously set. Instead it goes into a 1080p60 mode. Furthermore if I try to play the 3D titles again from this 1080p60 mode it does not playback properly and produces wonky wrong output that jumps and flashes. My X9S does switch back to the original mode after 3D playback. If there is a better place to post this feedback please let me know. Thanks.

3. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Are you using HDFury Linker or similar? Read this post here.

ProfenixNew likes this.
  4. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Same guy :)

5. FingersDLP

FingersDLP New Member

Yes indeed. I verified with further testing last night this behavior is linked to the Linker (pun intended). If I remove the linker from the chain the Z9S does resolve back to the preset as expected. Oddly the X9S does not suffer this issue with the Linker. I would prefer the Z9S to never revert to a output setting other than the one I preset - linker or no linker. But that is a minor quibble I guess. I will push this back on the linker handshake or something but I do wonder what is different causing the Z9S to change behavior when it is in the mix. For anyone else with a linker - the Vertex is reported to work with no issue in this regard.

6. Fatih Durmus

Fatih Durmus Member

can anybody use rc contorl on zidoo Z9S? It is not find same network

7. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

Can anybody advise if the Playback quality (picture) of the z9s is an improvement over the x9s, I know all about god micro stutters, is the overall quality better?

Thank you.

8. splintyg

splintyg Member

Here You are my modest opinion. z9s has a lot of bugs when playback is stuttering or device is rebooting itself. I don't think x9s i worse.

9. thrang

thrang Member

For bit perfect Blu Ray or ISO rips, the Z9S player the correct 23.976 frame rate. The X9s does not, more like 23.98-ish.

Subjectively, the Z92 may exhibit a little less banding in gradients, but that's more memory comparison than side-by-side, which is not possible for me.

X9S firmware is a little further along than the Z9S (they finally added the ability to not sort on "The" with the latest X9S firmware, but this is not added yet to the Z9S for example. But the differences aren't huge from my simple use as a player

10. DaMacFunkin

Hello,

I have downloaded the latest beta 4 times now on 2 different devices and it is corrupt, it doesn't pass MD5 verification, can you please advise.

Thank you.

11. pcristi

pcristi Active Member

Use guide How to flash ZIDOO Z9S to recovery Z9S device from Zidoo support site.
    After your's Z9S are running again try ZIDOO_Z9S_N_v1.9.7_201811211214_ota-package(untouched).zip from here.

12. DaMacFunkin

Running the 1.9.7 beta now, trying to across one of my Nas via smb I just get green screen then the z9s reboots, smb v1 is definately broken ☹️

13. DaMacFunkin

Sorry isn't smb, it is my entire 1080p nvenc encoded x265 library, Grrr Zidoo sort this or this box is going back.
    Absolute Rubish.

14. pcristi

pcristi Active Member

For me ZIDOO Z9S v1.8.1 have less green screen problem then ZIDOO Z9S v1.9.7.

15. DaMacFunkin

I have reverted to 1.8.1, can play the movies now, but I still get green screen and reboot if I try to chapter skip...
    Also HT2 has stoppped working ☹️
    Zodoo sort this out please.

16. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I did a similar thing - started at 1.7.8, upgraded to 1.9.7 then downgraded back to 1.8.1 and found that HT2 didn't work so I went back to 1.9.7 and all is well. I haven't seen the green screen reboot thing though.

I think HT2 not working is a consequence of downgrading using OTA (500MB) images rather than the full USB (1.1GB) image.

17. pcristi

pcristi Active Member

@Markswift2003
    OTA(~485MB) is zip compress file and USB image is uncompressed tar(~1,09GB) if you compress USB image to zip size will be closer to OTA --> ~491MB.
    USB image contend more partition/information then OTA but system files are relative a same size ~820MB.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2018
  18. DaMacFunkin

I agree you are right, I did a factory reset on 1.8.7 and HT is now working, still getting random green screens and reboots... might plug the x9s back in till it's more stable, everything plays fine on there.

19. Fatih Durmus

Fatih Durmus Member

Hi,
    Zidoo RC not working. Can you check please