Proper Audio API?

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1296)' started by FlipMode009, Oct 17, 2018.

1. FlipMode009

FlipMode009 Member

Hey does this new player have proper audio API so that ALL OF THE BOX can use HD audio within apps like Plex, Kodi (not Zidoo's hack Kodi) etc? If not, then I guess I will throw my X10 in the garbage and quit using Zidoo and go back to a NUC, where I can have all those features that work as advertised. Not cool seeing a new replacement so soon when the last one is missing promises.

2. FlipMode009

FlipMode009 Member

Silly me, can audio on a Zidoo product actually work with Plex properly, forget the HD, it seems that no matter what setting you chose, Plex can not initiate a proper handshake with the built in codecs/player of the firmware to even consistantly give working audio, be it AC3 or DTS base/core audio! Is that hard to ask for before they abandon the X series?

3. FlipMode009

FlipMode009 Member

Can anyone who bought a Z series player confirm if TrueHD/Atmos and DTS-HD/X pass through with Plex Media Player on this? They boast Android 7.1 which if they implemented it properly should support proper audio OUTSIDE of their custom apps. If Zidoo can confirm this, or another user, then I will upgrade my X10, otherwise if no progress then I just go back to my Nvidia Shield and stop playing with the false advertisement companies.

4. FlipMode009

FlipMode009 Member

What a deadbeat support from Zidoo and not to mention users who don't even want to spend time to check.