New firmware v2.1.14 beta version for ZIDOO X9S released(Music 3.0 upgrade to 3.1.8)

Discussion in 'X9S Official Firmware Releases' started by zidoo, Sep 26, 2018.

1. hdmkv

hdmkv Active Member Beta test group

Any comments from Zidoo on @3DBuff's posts about the microstutter issue and incorrect framerate for 23.976 for everything but 3D ISO/MKV? Why is Z9S behaving fine and X9S not (especially when 3D looks okay)? At this point, I only use X9S for 3D and nothing else, and use Shield TV and AMLogic S912 box w/LibreELEC for 2D 1080p and 4K HDR.

2. SaskMedia

SaskMedia Member

I don’t understand the behaviour either. Besides the better sata/USB/Ethernet I/O the two processors are identical.

3. Franconian

Franconian Active Member

Regarding the "black crush" problem from last page:

I got a new 4K TV and while setting it up I noticed that in the Quick Settings > Advanced Settings of the Zidoo the HDMI Range Mode is on Automatic and this results in a lot of black crush (you can prove this when changing the HDMI range on your TV where it should be set on limited). So after changing to 16-235 the picture is perfectly fine and the black crush is gone.

Automatic seems to set it to 0-255 which is wrong.

4. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Z9S has newer chip with different clocks.
    If you don't see any issue maybe you shouldn't worry about it ;)

If you are curies and don't mind finding out the problems look in this thread here.

5. tosh123

tosh123 Member

Besides that, it looks like for the RTD 1296 is an Android 7.x driver supplied, for the RTD 1295 the last is an Android 6 driver

6. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

No comments from Zidoo team. We'll see it in the next firmware when it finally arrives. Someone commented in the past that it will bring Android to version 7 as well on X9S.

We are patiently waiting :)

7. Gedeon

Gedeon Member

Quoting from the Z9S thread...

8. Gedeon

Gedeon Member

I'm starting to think that X9S/rtd1295 is a "wrecked ship"

[​IMG]

I wouldn't expect too many solutions about microstuttering in this box.

9. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

We have to wait for the next firmware for X9s to see if the box is "wrecked ship" or not. We are behind one firmware release compared to Z9S.

There are 3 players with the same RTD 1295 chipset in the list 2 posts above:
    1. Dune Pro 4K
    2. Zidoo X9S
    3. Zappiti mini 4K HDR

Dune and Zappiti look OK at lower resolutions and / or low demanding color space. They share the same issue with X9S when pushed to 4K, 10 or 12 bit and 444.

Ziddo X9S has a problem right across all modes that would indicate software issue at least in the lower range.

10. Gedeon

Gedeon Member

I admit I've been a bit "over dramatic", but everything aims that Zidoo just doesn't have any plans to fix it in the short term. Almost two months after this release, not a single comment just saying "Hey don't worry, we are busy with the new models but granted than in X weeks will be back to this will do our best to solve it".

I honestly hope I'm wrong.

11. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

New software coming soon and an update for H.T.v2 scrapping amongst other things .

12. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Any improvements to stutter issues?

13. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Cant answer that one sadly .

14. Ekul

Ekul Active Member

We all know the answer.
    Its a realtec hardware issue.
    Zidoo will never be able to solve it.

Realtek would never released the 1296dd version so soon if they did not know about 1295 errors.

Just claim warrenty if you can and denand new 1296 soc.

godalmighty and pcristi like this.
  15. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

will be hard to prove unfortunately, for me it's clear tho, no more chinese boxes, if even realtek can't make a good chip, no one can. For the same price you can make a HTPC using a AMD apu, like the 200GE we should have no problems once the drivers are sort out.

Ekul and godalmighty like this.
  16. Vinny4K

Vinny4K Active Member

any news about an upcoming update?

17. Davicom

Davicom Member

No more zidoo.
    I have a $ 50 Chinese box that does its duty. Play 4k and fhd movies properly. It does what it was meant for.

18. godalmighty

godalmighty Active Member

i think theres gonna hard to expecting that :( they give their focus on Z series

i dont know what happen, now my device after playing movie more than 2hours, sometimes the remote did not worked, waited for about 3-5minutes to get it worked :(

19. Franconian

Franconian Active Member

So does the X9S. Except from the WEB-DL stutter issue in the latest firmwares, everything works flawless for me.

Carsten Busch likes this.
  20. Gedeon

Gedeon Member

Microstuttering is an issue in my case because with my Marantz the stutter triggers a delays so I need to apply a lip-sync "only" in 23.97, hence when I played 50hz-60hz content I had to disable the delay.

I have zero issues with my HTPC or another devices.