New firmware v1.7.8 beta version for ZIDOO X20 released

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X20' started by zidoo, Oct 10, 2018.

1. noki

noki New Member

I have not updated it, so I'm sorry because I had the X10 new and when I connected it to the TV so nothing but the screen, the cables I was fine, because the devices worked without a prelude and finally I had to return and sent me money Back. Now I have the X20 and it's perfect, but I do not want to see what the X10 will not do anymore.

2. skelton

skelton Member

Like i said, there is no problem with lost image on the new firmware so go ahead and update. Or simply stay on current firmware if everything already works perfectly.

3. burton

burton Member

Hi,

Zidoo did a good job by adding those aspect ratios becuase in dvd and old 4:3 movies, it played them in a wrong ratio.They are far from being useless. Of cousre they should add more options for the uses you are refering to.

4. tlpaltis

tlpaltis New Member

I have sent to the root firmware store,
    X20 is running normally, wait for official firmware.

5. Reelyator

Reelyator Active Member

@Team Zippo:
    - Please provide updated FW!
    - As Full Image for Flashing Please!!
    - And OnekeyRoot for Android 7!!!

6. skelton

skelton Member

I have a had a problem with adding my own backdrop images for movies & TV-shows ever since i bought the player and i contacted Zidoo support and asked them about it and they confirmed back that there is a problem with custom images. Apparently, the server does not get the data when selecting images so hopefully this will be resolved in the next FW update.

7. sussexmat

sussexmat New Member

I'm under the impression that Aspect Ratios, as in 4:3, 16:9 etc, are mainly applicable to SD and not HD upwards. For example, Digital TV Transmissions in HD are always 1920:1080 Full Screen and there is no such thing as selectable ratios in HD and is why they are transmitted with a pre-squished 4:3 Overlaid on the Full Screen Scanned Frame, to give the perception of 4:3 and you cannot change the aspect on those, they are fixed and quite right too.

I very much welcome the addition of the Aspect Ratios, being someone who has many old 50's and 60's 4:3 SD films and it works fine on those.

8. sussexmat

sussexmat New Member

P.S. I totally disagree with the comment of the addition of Aspect Ratios being a useless one, they are not useless and are very much needed with SD File and DVD ISO Playback.

9. rkann

rkann Member

Do not pull the phrase out of context please.
    I wrote: "It is absolutely dead and useless function. It works on rips (720, 1080 p only), not working with Blu-Ray, 4K and 3d movies, there is work 4:3 only. But it’s impossible to understand why Zidoo added these options because of they work as stretching only. As a result, we have the image with unnatural proportions."
    All said correctly.
    Aspect Ratios, implemented in X20 not working with Blu-Ray, 4K and 3d movies, there is work 4:3 only. These options work as stretching only, with unnatural proportions in result.
    If you think that it is normal for mediaplayer for 800 USD in 2018 - very good for you!

Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
  10. Reelyator

Reelyator Active Member

.....After the last FW-Updates for the z9s were published i hope for the next update for the X20 and x20Pro!!

@Team Zidoo:
    - Please provide STABLE and FINAL Versions of your Firmware, not again any Beta Firmware. Your customers have payed a lot of money for your devices. We are NOT YOUR TEST LAB!!
    - And again: FULL IMAGE Updates, not just OTA´s!!!
    Thanks

11. Reelyator

Reelyator Active Member

And Again: OneKeyRoot for Android 7!!!!!!

12. Zwanzig

Zwanzig Member

Hello
    Question for Team Zidoo:
    Probable Errors:
    1. when selecting (changing) audio and subtitle languages - displays the name instead of Polish - Portuguese
    2. after upgrading to version 1.7.8 beta I can not set the fan on the "auto", it always switches to full
    2a. the fan is very loud - can you replace it with the Noctua fan without losing the warranty?
    3. I use ZDMC 17.6.1 - with the "use external player" option set - .mkv files open in Zidoo Player, but .avi files always in KODI

A few suggestions (options) that would be nice to have:
    1. support for forced subtitles, with the subtitles set to "off"
    2. when changing audio and subtitles - shows the names of tracks from .mkv files (useful when you have many versions of audio and subtitles)
    3. Wall Poster reads information from .nfo files created in KODI (most people already have it done and it would be faster and easier to read .nfo. Besides, in my case there are a lot of films that are not in TMDB or the information is not detailed)
    Please reply :)

13. AbuSarah

AbuSarah Member

The update is too late !!!

14. AbuSarah

AbuSarah Member

please tell me. What is the version that is commonly known as the x20 internal hard disk ?
    OS X Extended ( Journaled ) - apple / NTFS / Windows

15. Reelyator

Reelyator Active Member

@Team Zidoo:
    When will the new FW of the X20 finaly leave the Beta-Status??

For a premium range player i would expect an adequate firmware but with status today the x20 ist still a useless piece of metal and plastic. Therefore i would strongly ask you to focus on the FW Update for the x20! This is overdue since the x20 was shipped to your customers (wich is already several months ago).
    - Provide a STABLE high performant FW, no more BETA!!
    - Provide it as a Full Image!
    - And OneKeyRoot for Android 7 as without rooting the full potential of the box cannot be used!!

rkann and AbuSarah like this.