New firmware v2.1.14 beta version for ZIDOO X9S released(Music 3.0 upgrade to 3.1.8)

Discussion in 'X9S Official Firmware Releases' started by zidoo, Sep 26, 2018.

1. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Playing 24f ps film material at 30 fps screen update results in repeated (doubled) frame every 5 source movie frames. This will happen roughly 4 times per second. The movie looks like one of those early black and white films with slow frame rate and hand crank mechanism ;)

With motion processing enabled TV can decode source frame rate and apply frame interpolation to get out of the choppy motion. A better solution would be to force Zidoo to output 1080p at 60Hz. This results in 3:2 pulldown and much better motion compared to 30 fps. Both solutions require temporary change of Zidoo settings in 2 places. Disable auto resolution and frame rate and preset the display to 1080p and 30 or 60 Hz.

Source 23.976 fps played at correct 23.976 Hz looks cleaner and further motion processing can still be applied.

2. Gedeon

Gedeon Member

3. cckelly73

cckelly73 New Member

i say that some 23.976 web-dl video stutter every 4 min about,if i set 30hz, it will be no stutter.

4. Ekul

Ekul Active Member

Short but simple answer....it's impossible.

Pls put your glasses back on.

5. kayama728

kayama728 Member Beta test group

6. Fatih Durmus

Fatih Durmus Member

Hi again.
    Can u set picture parameters on 4k hdr film. It is not working. It is working just zidoo’s sdr films, 1080p films. So hdr films seems darkness and contrast very low. I want to set contrast and brightness but it is not working.
    Can u chech please for me.
    Thank you

7. circular

circular Member

when hdmi sound switch off , tv no sound
    after press power stand by and next time press power on , tv have sound
    and i go x9s setup press hdmi sound off 1 times and tv become no sound .
    hope next version can fix it !

8. godalmighty

godalmighty Active Member

yes, you still can use or set the picture parameter, i've tried it with all my 4k hdr contents even for untouched bluray
    15427878838506222833940514376225.jpg 1542787919391325705719925834318.jpg 15427888011602953265246237586282.jpg

9. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

@Fatih Durmus, you shouldn't have to adjust picture parameters in Zidoo player just like you don't adjust them in Blu-Ray player. Typically you would tune it in the TV.

Make sure you have your settings right in the Zidoo > Quick Settings > Display > Advanced Settings.
    Auto is probably auto max setting for your TV rather than auto adjustments based on the source.
    Taking this auto function into consideration you probably want to set HDMI Range Mode to 16-235. This typically takes care of the brightness levels. Deep Color Mode is determined in the forum as 10 bit best quality with minimum banding. Color space - yet to be determined ;)
    Auto or YCbCr 444 is a good option.

You shouldn't have to adjust brightness between SDR and HDR sources. Check your TV also. I'm sure it maintains deferent set of parameters for SDR and HDR signal. Make sure it's not switching between HDMI range from full to limited.

10. Fatih Durmus

Fatih Durmus Member

Why i cant change picture parameters. My source mkv and remux. When i use old firmware that 1.4.12, i can set brightness contrast etc. When i set on tv it is being very bad that i have 1080p projector.
    What changed now?
    It is important. Because darkness scenes too darkness. I tried range settings. But same.
    1.4.12 firmware darkness scenes was good but last firmware is very bad. I am using 1080p projector.
    I dont want to use old firmware. Can samebody try for me 4k hdr films between firmware 1.4.12 and 2.0.34 expecially darkness scenes.
    Thank you

11. Fatih Durmus

Fatih Durmus Member

For darkness scenes please test black panther between 9 and 11 minutes.
    Thank you.

12. Tukker

Tukker Member

Where is the force 3d for this tv option?

13. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Is your 1080p projector capable of HDR? Does it take 4K HDR signal or you are trying to convert it in Zidoo?

Anyway, I had a quick look at 4K HDR full BD Black Panther between 9 and 11 minutes. Scenes are dark and blacks are clipped but it is recorded that way. My OLED LG E6 series handles backs pretty good. Typically my brightness is in 50 range. For those scenes I can push it up to 52 to get touch more details.

For comparison Solo A Star Wars Story 4K HDR opening scenes are so bright there is no black color at all just shades of gray, brown and blue. Going down to 48 is still above black.

14. godalmighty

why your zidoo cannot do the picture parameter, i think that is the big question
    i think you do not read my post for you :(
    coz in mine i still can do adjustment with picture parameter
    what @3DBuff told you is the best setting

but why you want to play a 4k hdr content in 1080p projector, better you set HDR to SDR for a better color and brightness

if you think 1.4.12 is better for you why dont you just go for it, do the downgrade

and for black panther, for SDR content you just have accept it, the dark scene is too dark coz the contrast is very low,if you change the brightnesa to higher value, yes you can see the dark scene now but with greyish background and the contrast still low
    for best result, you should watch it with HDR content, coz its gonna boost your contrast

Last edited: Nov 22, 2018
  15. Fatih Durmus

Fatih Durmus Member

I think you want to say set hdr off on zidoo. I did but nothing change.
    I can downgrade but you know everybody want to use new firmware and new gui.
    Does anybody has 1080p tv? Maybe they can comprase.
    Actually pict.param. settings not very important.
    I want to set for darkness scenes. I said before when i use old firmware picture quality was pretty good (darkness and brightness scenes) I wasnt set pict.param.
    But now exactly I didnt get same quality.
    I will share a few photo between old vs new firmware.
    Thanks everybody.

16. godalmighty

for that i`ve already tried it in my hd ready tv to see if the color still wash out or nit when playing hdr content with non hdr tv
    and the result is the color still good, no wash out, but just like what i said before about SDR and HDR content, you cannot see the benefit from hdr content especially in peak brightness and contrast ratio when you set HDR to SDR
    it just make your hdr content watchable without wash out in non hdr display
    actually i made a video test about it, a few back pages

17. Fatih Durmus

Fatih Durmus Member

Hi again,
    First 2 pictures from v2.1.14
    Others v1.4.12
    Please comprase

(I edited message)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 25, 2018
  18. burton

burton Member

Its high time zidoo implemented a deinterlacing method .Like dune 4k rpo , it has vxp and bob deintrelacing. Also the old dune has it.
    In zidoo interlaced videos look horrible.....

Ekul likes this.
  19. godalmighty

i think the last 2pictures have a good black level

20. Fatih Durmus

Fatih Durmus Member

I am agree with you. darkness scenes very good and very watchable.